• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I have had a Bronchitis for the last week and can't shake this cough, but otherwise, I don't have it that I am aware of. My friend in Ohio is getting tested later today since she has the symptoms, but hoping like hell she tests negative.

Oct 26, 2017
I most likely have it. Symptoms so far aren't that bad, my doctor told me to get the fever down, and keep him updated if I develop severe respiratory symptoms or can't keep the fever down. Paracetamol has managed to keep the fever down, (down to 37.9 from 39.1 just an hour earlier) Either way, I'm stuck here feeling like absolute dogshit. Everything hurts and I can't help my parents who are stuck here with me. Here's to a good night's sleep.

The uncertainty is the worst part. But emergency services only come around to test when symptoms get more severe.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Same thing happened to me and two of my family members. About mid January I had a week of 100F+ (38C+) fever, and really bad dry cough that last for almost 3 weeks - also felt really tired, body aches etc. Doctors told us it was only some viral disease, nothing to worry about.. still was the worst viral infection I ever had. We realized this thing was very contagious and for 2 weeks we only went out once (hospital).

Where do you live? I'm in Minnesota and I have heard of similar cases around here back then.

Upstate NY close to buffalo

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 week): inappropriate joke
We need a special avatar for people with Coronavirus..

wideface

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
I had flu-like symptoms like 12 days ago.
Now I only have a (sometimes) dry cough, probably from the same thing, but it's making me anxious because I'm staying at my parent's house and they're quite old.

DragonKeeper

Nov 14, 2017
I wouldn't know until I got really sick. I have constant and continuous allergy induced asthma (going on 2 years). I'm always coughing with bouts of snot and sneezing.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm currently self isolating. I found out today that I've been in contact with someone recently who's got it.

I have no symptoms (yet!) but self isolating for two weeks as a precaution.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have an itchy throat and coughing quite a bit. I also feel a bit tired...
Hard to tell if it's just a cold or something more. Gotta be honest, normally I wouldn't really care but times have changed and I'm getting anxious.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Week of Feb 4th I had 2 nights of terrible cold sweats, entire body aching and felt delirious. Couldn't sleep. Luckily during the day it was mostly down to body aches and light headededness.

Then it was followed by one night and one day of crazy sinus blockage and painful cough and heavy chest, though breathing seemed fine.

Finally two days of just light-headedness and feeling strange. That's a week of illness and I never get sick. Haven't had the flu in probably a decade. I think it may have been a coincidental flu but I keep wondering if it was coronavirus. That week my coworker was out because he broke his fucking ankle snowboarding so I had to work 11 hour days all week. Horrible. So glad that's over.

kukubrew

Nov 7, 2017
Well, no corona but I got some stomach bug today, been throwing up and pooping all afternoon. Apparently few people had that at work, and I'm not a touchy feely shaking hands type of a person, but I think I still picked it up from them. Based on their experience I should be fine n the morning but definitely won't be heading in tomorrow. I'm in IT so it's an option and we are working on communications for large scale wfh around the country, so there's plenty to do.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was told I had flu and pneumonia with a sinus infection... but here are a few things...
1) I work in health care and had to take a flu shot
2) I went from perfectly fine to 103 fever, chills, aches, hot cold flashes, headache nausea, cough in about 45 minutes. (I have never been hit that fast and that hard with something)... almost came on like food poisoning
3) I had a horrible cough with no runny nose and no sneezing what so ever... everything was dry as a bone, and thick green and yellow
4) I was sick for 14 days and had zero energy and all I could do was sleep.

I'm not sure what I had, but I will say that they didn't test me for Corona.... because they didn't have the kits.
Also of note... 5 other people that I know (but had no contact with) all got sick with the same exact thing...

So if it wasn't corona... then I don't know what the fuck it was!

I mean you do know what it probably is. It's the flu. Just because you get the flu shot doesn't mean you 100% won't get the flu. Those are just immunizations against the strains researchers predict will come to the US, but they're not always correct. All your symptoms still line up with the flu.

"The clinical presentation of influenza infection is asymptomatic or mild in 75% of cases. Influenza presents with very characteristic features, hence the term "flulike symptoms".

• Incubation period: a few hours to several days
  • Sudden onset of high fever, chills, headache, arthralgia, myalgia, fatigue, and malaise
  • Patients often develop acute bronchitis with a cough that is usually dry but may produce small amounts of clear or blood-tinged sputum.
  • Hypotension and bradycardia are common (especially among women and older patients)
"

Source: https://www.amboss.com/us/knowledge/Influenza

Oct 30, 2017
I've just gotten over the flu (confirmed) a couple weeks ago and am now getting head congestion. Hoping it's just a cold but damn it. This is the third illness this winter.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I gotta be honest, if I start feeling like I'm getting it I probably won't get tested. None of the primary care doctors in my town have the test, so I would have to go to the hospital ER and get tested, but I can't afford to pay for an ER visit.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man i'm glad i figured out that what i thought was bronchitis was really silent reflux and learned how to treat it. i would probably be freaking out if i had that right now.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta be honest, if I start feeling like I'm getting it I probably won't get tested. None of the primary care doctors in my town have the test, so I would have to go to the hospital ER and get tested, but I can't afford to pay for an ER visit.
You're not alone, this is most people in America right now.

Nov 27, 2017
California
I'm shook I have it but it's just being paranoid
Chest is sore though so I'll keep myself tabs on that.
31 here so I've got medicine ready and drinking immune boosters and more fruits.

yurr

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
My job is having a company wide meeting tomorrow and nobody knows about what. But that's it's in reference to the virus. We've gotten emails and things before but we only have one company wide meeting the entire year so many are expecting them to suspend production temporarily.

it worries me because my job is the kind that they expect you to come in unless you've been shot. And they have stuck to this all winter all of the sudden they sent is home early yesterday and told us all to come to the corporate office at 1030amAnd not to report to work at normal time. Then they sent out some email about how they will provide pto for anyone who text positive for Covid-19.

Shit is spooky.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Due to potential concerns over medical privacy risks generated by this thread, we'll be locking it. Please refer to our general discussion thread here:

www.resetera.com

Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) resources and discussion thread (Discussion guidelines in OP) COVID - OT

Given the concern and confusion of discussions in the wake of the current novel coronavirus outbreak (aka 2019-nCoV or COVID-19), the team has allowed me to reboot the coronavirus thread with a more comprehensive OP for our members to learn about the disease and its current situation, so as so...

Status
Not open for further replies.