• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
There's about 130,000 cases in 7700000000
There's about 50,000 members
So there a 57% chance someone is infected
(obviously gross approximation as numbers are not precise and resetera is not a random sample of the population, nor is the virus equally distributed along the world)

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
The other night when they announced the first two cases in my state, my girlfriend's work had one of them admitted without any precautions and sitting in a waiting room with other people for hours

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
If watching Supernatural has taught me anything its to run a line across my doorway, and set in a circle of hand sanitizer like it's salt keeping a ghost out. That and it is Sam's fault.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I feel like shit today but I'm hoping it's because I didn't sleep very well. Will update if not the case I guess lmao

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

There is this strange thing being shared on various social pages and across messengers like WhatsApp about how to protect and test for corona virus.

-holding breath for 10 seconds without coughing = you are not ill
-drinking hot water every 15 minutes will protect you from getting infected

and other nonsense. It's quiet mind-blowing.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
There is this strange thing being shared on various social pages and across messengers like WhatsApp about how to protect and test for corona virus.

I haven't seen that, but I'd imagine trying to hold your breath with something like pneumonia would be pretty rough. Still not a stick to measure by though.

If I contracted the virus I doubt I'd know. I don't see the point in going out and requesting to be tested. They're telling people here to just stay home if you are showing symptoms and wait it out, unless you're old.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen that, but I'd imagine trying to hold your breath with something like pneumonia would be pretty rough. Still not a stick to measure by though.

If I contracted the virus I doubt I'd know. I don't see the point in going out and requesting to be tested. They're telling people here to just stay home if you are showing symptoms and wait it out, unless you're old.

You'll notice when you have pneumonia, trust me. The test is pretty pointless, you'll at least feel very sick at worst have breathing difficulties and other symptoms.

People are being tested over here, but only with symptoms and if they traveled to certain parts of the world, had contact to infected people and show symptoms.
There are also some randomized test to check if community spread already started.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
I'm more of a sol kinda guy, haven't had corona beer in ages. Guess, I'm safe.

Nov 13, 2017
ERA members are pretty good at self-isolating so I doubt the number will be that high
giphy.gif

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I'm not sure if I'm getting infected since I've been self-isolating myself lately and washing my hands every fucking day.

But my anxiety, paranoia, and suicidal thoughts are going up ten times fold.

And it looks like its gonna get worse in the coming weeks with no end in sight. Yay, fucking societal collapse :/

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I and my partner had corona like symptoms (fever and dry cough) already in January, if that count LOL.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
In NE Ohio, and the first reported cases are hitting.

Things are shutting down RAPIDLY....
MAC tourney, no fans allowed.
Other sports events are following that lead.
Universities have changed to online.
My daughters were sent home with their Chromebooks for online classes.
The hospitals and care centers are on lockdown. No guests of any kind.

Even driving in to work, there's a LOT less people on the road.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

Jesus christ

Oct 27, 2017
My SO works in healthcare. It's only a matter of time for us I feel. Just hopefully it hits us at different times so I can care for her for a few days at least before I crack. Or vice versa.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Back in mid February I had flu like symptoms but this when only a couple of cases were in my country and none anywhere in my province. This is really the big issue because since it is still peak flu season for many it will be hard to distinguish between whether they have the normal flu or Covid-19

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure if I'm getting infected since I've been self-isolating myself lately and washing my hands every fucking day.

But my anxiety, paranoia, and suicidal thoughts are going up ten times fold.

And it looks like its gonna get worse in the coming weeks with no end in sight. Yay, fucking societal collapse :/
Same issue here.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My partner has been quarantined after developing strong symptoms as soon as we got back from our NYC trip. She's been tested but for some reason they haven't given her results yet, and she's been getting worse since Monday when it started. I have a manageable cough and not much else.

She definitely thinks she'll gonna need hospitalization. So it wouldn't be much of a wild guess to say we both have it, but I still don't know for certain.

Amnixia

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018

Been seeing people claiming that drinking bleach cures it... smh...

-COOLIO-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My partner has been quarantined after developing strong symptoms as soon as we got back from our NYC trip. She's been tested but for some reason they haven't given her results yet, and she's been getting worse since Monday when it started. I have a manageable cough and not much else.

She definitely thinks she'll gonna need hospitalization. So it wouldn't be much of a wild guess to say we both have it, but I still don't know for certain.
good luck my dude

Cromat

Mar 17, 2019

Where did you roam around in NYC? I think the city will completely shut down next week.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, I'm in a similar situation here. Not suicidal, but my anxiety issues have sky rocketed beyond anything I've experienced in the past, which is presenting itself with worse heart issues than I've had before (as I have panic attacks). I'm more worried about my parent's than myself, if I can be frank. My dad is 63, has serious health issues. My mom, 65, has health issues (aching all the time, isn't healing up right whenever she hurts herself by accident, etc.,) works as a Nurse's Aid in a Retirement Home/Rehabilitation Clinic (she's literally killing herself working there and can't retire). Both are in the prime of something bad happening to them and that has me seriously worried.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Where did you roam around in NYC? I think the city will completely shut down next week.

Just Manhattan. We were staying in Murray Hill last week. I was doing street photography most of the week around that area and ranging from 60st down to 30st. The only thing outside of that was her kid's appointment (the reason we still decided to travel to NYC) at the Presbyterian Hospital on 168st.

I took the subway for most things but we both were taking big precautions on hygiene since we knew it could be a risky situation.

We got amazing news at out doctor's appointment which made it seem like the whole ordeal was worth it, but now having her be really sick like this it's almost like there was a price to pay for it.

MrPressStart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was told I had flu and pneumonia with a sinus infection... but here are a few things...
1) I work in health care and had to take a flu shot
2) I went from perfectly fine to 103 fever, chills, aches, hot cold flashes, headache nausea, cough in about 45 minutes. (I have never been hit that fast and that hard with something)... almost came on like food poisoning
3) I had a horrible cough with no runny nose and no sneezing what so ever... everything was dry as a bone, and thick green and yellow
4) I was sick for 14 days and had zero energy and all I could do was sleep.

I'm not sure what I had, but I will say that they didn't test me for Corona.... because they didn't have the kits.
Also of note... 5 other people that I know (but had no contact with) all got sick with the same exact thing...

So if it wasn't corona... then I don't know what the fuck it was!

Magni

I was told I had flu and pneumonia with a sinus infection... but here are a few things...
1) I work in health care and had to take a flu shot
2) I went from perfectly fine to 103 fever, chills, aches, hot cold flashes, headache nausea, cough in about 45 minutes. (I have never been hit that fast and that hard with something)... almost came on like food poisoning
3) I had a horrible cough with no runny nose and no sneezing what so ever... everything was dry as a bone, and thick green and yellow
4) I was sick for 14 days and had zero energy and all I could do was sleep.

I'm not sure what I had, but I will say that they didn't test me for Corona.... because they didn't have the kits.
Also of note... 5 other people that I know (but had no contact with) all got sick with the same exact thing...

So if it wasn't corona... then I don't know what the fuck it was!
Where are you at? Guessing somewhere in the US from the use of Fahrenheit and the lack of test kits.

GMT Master

Oct 3, 2019
Was in Thailand and Singapore last month. Stopover in Seoul. On the 12th day after I returned I had an extremely high fever, shortness of breath, and severe chills.

Got better after 3-4 days. No idea what it was, but pretty much stayed in my room and rested.

My wife did not get sick, my father who lives with us did not get sick. Wife is a doctor and is seeing sick people on a daily basis. Who knows how this is going to play out.

MrPressStart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where are you at? Guessing somewhere in the US from the use of Fahrenheit and the lack of test kits.

Central North Carolina...
Also, having a deviated septum from breaking my nose playing basketball while younger has guaranteed me two things..
1) the inability to breathe out of both nostrils clearly
2) the promise of more mucus than I can deal with and a runny nose everytime I get a cold.

This gave me no runny nose at all...

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
I'm almost 95% sure my family had it back in late January early feb. everyone had bad coughs and high fevers. My kids got tested for flu but all the tests were negative.

its naive to think it was just now passed from China to other countries.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I went to the doctor. Everyone had masks on. Quite surreal. I didn't qualify for a test. They're only testing those with fever AND cough. I only have the latter. The doctor does think it is viral but could be the cold. He told me to come back if I don't improve and was given prescription-grade medicine.

This also falls into my work's quarantine policy so I'll have to work from home for two weeks when I recover.

Oct 25, 2017
I got sick pretty recently when I visited SLC in Utah. I immediately self-quarantined on the possibility it could be Coronavirus. I had a dry cough, stuffed nose, crazy headache, body aches in both legs that were so bad I couldn't sleep for like two nights. Had a fever for sure. Unfortunately, I live at home, and despite me telling my parents not to come into my room they both did in an attempt to take care of me. Flash forward to today, I'm well (still have a bit of a nose thing, and occasionally need to clear my throat), but my parents of course got sick because self-quarantining doesn't work all that well. My mom shook it shockingly fast, but my Dad, who has a lot of pre-existing conditions, is currently going through hell and back.

At first I figured I had seasonal flu; there were literally no instances of Covid in Utah at the time I got sick, but *since* I've been sick we've gotten plenty. At this point I would not be surprised if I got it, kicked it reasonably quickly (< 2 weeks). Problem is, it's impossible to know these things, and good luck trying to get my parents to go the hospital to get checked. They'd die first, and frankly, they will.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
I'm almost 95% sure my family had it back in late January early feb. everyone had bad coughs and high fevers. My kids got tested for flu but all the tests were negative.

its naive to think it was just now passed from China to other countries.
Same thing happened to me and two of my family members. About mid January I had a week of 100F+ (38C+) fever, and really bad dry cough that last for almost 3 weeks - also felt really tired, body aches etc. Doctors told us it was only some viral disease, nothing to worry about.. still was the worst viral infection I ever had. We realized this thing was very contagious and for 2 weeks we only went out once (hospital).

Where do you live? I'm in Minnesota and I have heard of similar cases around here back then.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
My mom is in her 50s and had one of her worst sicknesses in like early feb. Fever, they even gave her a steroid for her lungs since she was having issues with tightness and stuff. Shes pretty active and was actually laid up in bed for a bit. I had a very minor thing for like 3 days, it was weird. I was tired, had a little cough and a very very slight sore throat. Almost felt like a post nasal drip. I really don't know if it was. Like there were no confirmed cases here but who really knows. The sad thing is even if I wanted to get tested I don't think I could've.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017

Hoping for the best for you both.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Honestly, I'm in a similar situation here. Not suicidal, but my anxiety issues have sky rocketed beyond anything I've experienced in the past, which is presenting itself with worse heart issues than I've had before (as I have panic attacks). I'm more worried about my parent's than myself, if I can be frank. My dad is 63, has serious health issues. My mom, 65, has health issues (aching all the time, isn't healing up right whenever she hurts herself by accident, etc.,) works as a Nurse's Aid in a Retirement Home/Rehabilitation Clinic (she's literally killing herself working there and can't retire). Both are in the prime of something bad happening to them and that has me seriously worried.
I have issues with anxiety, panic attacks and heart palpitations as well. My advice, and it has worked wonders for me, is do some breathing exercises every day, even when you are in the midst of a panic attack, and put away your health trackers, stuff that track heartbeat and things like that. If you are anything like me, looking at my heart rate all the time was keeping myself in a suspended state of panic and kept my adrenaline pumping 24/7.

As far as the worry over your parents goes, just watch over them, talk about how to stay safe and help each other through this. It is ok to be scared of something, but fearing the worst possible outcome from any given situation can do a lot of harm to your emotional and mental state. You will get through this. Keep your head up, my dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.