• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Forgive me if this doesn't need a thread, but it seems like we have some people and or bots that just continuously spit out new threads for every single story whether it's newsworthy or needs discussion or not. I'm not trying to call anyone out, just curious wtf is going on sometimes. I imagine a whirl (or forum I guess) if we all did this, what would this forum look like?

yes this is a moderately dank thread. Lock if old, etc.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
I view it that as ResetEra grows, more people who really (like... really) enjoy video games/game news join the site and want to see it grow. So they submit new threads.

It's kinda like when I first entered high school Wikipedia was a terrible source because anyone could edit anything. But then in college wikipedia had grown and was a great source. Because for basically any subject there's someone that cares (admitting, maybe too much) to check that wikipage every day to make sure that no one changed the information incorrectly.

In the same way some people care about both game news, and this website. So they share.

idk if that makes sense... and is just my $.02

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Bloodborne was robbed/Perfect for Switch/30fps is unplayable/X Corporation really loves me guys

Please see the thread creation guidelines

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
My Samsung Trump tweeted Naruto is avaliable on Ultra4k Bluray August 3rd, how do I fix this?

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
VpjjbTT.png

this iss̸̮̦̲̟̫̝̆̈́̈́͆́͗͑̎̃͗̈ͅǹ̵̡̯̲͇̙̙͔̳̽̊̈́̈́̊a̵̢̛̤̻̮̱͎͌̈́̀̅̍̚g̷̨͉͈̹͇̐̽͂̿̎̓̕̕͠ǧ̷̪͉̬̭̮̭̘͌̓̃́̓͒̆̂̌͌̅̈̋͝l̴̘̬̱̫͙̠̏̆́̑̑̎̿̒̓̆͂̊͜ͅe̸̫͆͗͌͋͂̌̾̔͊̚p̶̟͍͍̳̟͚̱̹͙̥͕̖͓̑͒̔̏̆͛̍̇͐̚͝u̸͕͈̬̟̹̘͚̺̱̐̓̑s̷̙̊͒̄̓̍̀̅̎͒͌̀̈́͠͝ş̸͈̤̰̜̰̭͇̀͝

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
If the threads get locked at all, I hope the mods make sure this thread is locked at half the posts that the first thread got.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Have a feeling that there is an unnecessary keenness to be 'first' when breaking news - have called this out before and even copped a ban on occasion for 'thread-whining' when I was mostly just irritated with the lack of info in an OP. Maybe we can reiterate what it takes to open a thread, minimum thread expectations; I could think of at least a couple of posters who would have their threads benefit from this.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We also have trolls that never get banned because reasons but that's another topic

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
User Warned: NSFW image
Mod Edit: Removed inappropriate image.

Last edited by a moderator:

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Its not bots. We are actually paid by outside forces to create a certain amount of threads about Star Wars and the tweets and podcasts of celebrities every few hours.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
If this thread is an example of what humans create then let the bots control resetera.

Status
Not open for further replies.