• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
The last two years have been super bad for DICE with Battlefront 2 causing government legislation in some countries and with Battlefront 5 being a massive sales failure. Battlefront 5 seems to have launched way earlier than it should have with tons of content missing at launch that still hasn't been finished yet. Do we think DICE will finally skip a year with Jedi Force coming out later this year or do we DICE's one game a year scheduling continuing?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
it'll be a map for II hopefully.

II is still pretty active and they kinda turned the ship after that disastrous launch

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
No, it'll be the Respawn Star Wars game this fall. DICE needs a year off.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I doubt it. Even the idea of continuing Battlefront at all is dubious at this point, and with Respawn's thing coming out this year and the mixed reactions to BFV, I think Dice takes the year off. Hell, EA's already sorted their big new FPS for this year.

NMFried

Oct 25, 2017
TX
If Jedi Fallen Order drops this year, no way. Even with Episode IX coming, they'll want to have something else to push when The Mandalorian, Rian Johnson's Trilogy or the GoT guys' movies drop.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably not, unless their foolish to sandwich two Star Games close to one another.

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I think they'll keep working away at trying to salvage 2 and the last Battlefield.

Butterworth

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
This thread has reminded me how badly EA have managed the Star Wars license.

2 Battlefronts

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
No. EA will probably use this Fall's slot for Fallen Order. I wouldn't be suprised to see Battlefront 3 next year, though.

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, isn't Fallen Order running on Frostbite? There's no way for Battlefront 3 to release this year haha.

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
Next year hopefully. DICE is actually in good place to make Battlefront 3 a great game right out of the gate. They have high quality assets done for the majority of the major troopers, vehicles, heroes, and locations from all 3 eras. Just focus on good map design, put in conquest day 1, sprinkle in some episode 9 content, expand on their awesome hunt mode and I think we're good (goes without saying that the lootbox shenanigans will be absent this time around)

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
No, because Dice are making Mirror's Edge 3 in secret to launch this year. In my dreams

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Next year hopefully. DICE is actually in good place to make Battlefront 3 a great game right out of the gate. They have high quality assets done for the majority of the major troopers, vehicles, heroes, and locations from all 3 eras. Just focus on good map design, put in conquest day 1, sprinkle in some episode 9 content, expand on their awesome hunt mode and I think we're good (goes without saying that the lootbox shenanigans will be absent this time around)
All of this, with an actual good campaign, better lightsaber combat and more modes and I think they might finally make a BF game as good as BF2 (2005).

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not with Fallen Order dropping. DICE needs an extra year with Battlefront if they choose to make another one along with doing it justice.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
After the shitshow of Battlefront 2 (and 1 to some extent), even if they're, I'm not touching it. Will wait until it's $10 six months later.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
It feels like Dice can't even launch a game that's monetarily balanced or get the content they do have planned out in a reasonable time. They couldn't release Battlefront 3 this year if they wanted to.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be against it if they did, I picked up Battlefront 2 a few months after launch and felt like they turned it around into a fairly solid game. Definitely something worth the $20-30 it goes for these days. I even quite liked the campaign even if it fell short of the classic Star Wars shooters. I'm down for more Battlefront.

Definitely more curious about the Respawn game though.

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
I'm not sure which dev made that VR Xwing demo but jeez that is the single biggest tease I've ever experienced in gaming. I hope theres more to come.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i recently got battlefront ii for cheap and the game is actually pretty great. starfighter assault is maybe the coolest thing i've seen visually in a video game. super fun