• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Morrison71

Oct 27, 2017
This guy I work with and I are going back to school in the same program. I'm married with a family, he is single dad, who sees his kid once a week usually.

We have heard something like like this or similar from multiple people we work with, I somehow don't have as much time to study and get everything done compared to single dad, who somehow has all the time in the world just because he doesn't live with his kid. It seems pretty crazy to me personally. I know there are all kinds of families out there but everyone's time is valuable imo, family or not.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I think it's proven at this point that family
men have better office careers than single men. I've seen articles touching on this in the past.

I certainly see it at my office as well - once you "cross over" into dad zone, there is a certain amount of respect you get from senior management. Personally, I enjoy it as I've been able to make moves around guys still doing the single thing.

Your title and the content of your OP are confusing. What exactly is your question?

Took me a while to parse it, honestly.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
A dude who has his kid once a week almost certainly has more time to spend studying than a dude who lives with his family? Where is the discrimination

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This guy I work with and I are going back to school in the same program. I'm married with a family, he is single dad, who sees his kid once a week usually.

We have heard something like like this or similar from multiple people we work with, I somehow don't have as much time to study and get everything done compared to single dad, who somehow has all the time in the world just because he doesn't live with his kid. It seems pretty crazy to me personally. I know there are all kinds of families out there but everyone's time is valuable imo, family or not.
Everyone's time is valuable, including your kid's time. But your kid's time requires your participation whereas the other guy's kid's time doesn't always require his particiation, by the simple fact that he isn't always with his kid. It's just pure logistics.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
A dude who has his kid once a week almost certainly has more time to spend studying than a dude who lives with his family? Where is the discrimination

This would be the presumption but there are plenty of married men who have no responsibility in the household.

OP
OP
Morrison71

Morrison71

Oct 27, 2017
He has laundry to do and grass to mow same as me but I have multiple people to help me. He also has to travel 45 minutes just to see his kid. It just seems like we give a pass to some people because of the stereotypical family and think less of others because they don't have that.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
From my experience it's been single people who expect their non-single friends (with or without kids) to make time for them that we simply don't have as much of anymore.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
It seems like now more than ever, mostly because of the behavior of incels and the like, I'm not sure many 30+ single dudes who are virgins will be given much benefit of the doubt any time in the near future lol.

Last edited:

Metal Slugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Cloud, MN
From my experience it's been single people who expect their non-single friends (with or without kids) to make time for them that we simply don't have as much of anymore.

truth

I literally had a friend get pissed at me because I wouldn't drop all of my family/work responsibilities and drive off to another state to get drunk with a girl who "makes a really good breakfast". Like WTF.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It sounds like you are discriminating against your co-worker because he's a single parent...which is wrong. Is that what you're getting at?

I dont see why your coworker should have to work harder than you or pick up your slack because he doesn't get to see his kids as often.