• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
God damn. I haven't listened to his music in years. I always knew he was a fucking weirdo, but I had no idea it was this bad.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly thought underneath the theatrics he puts on for his persona that he was a decent person but I guess not.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I did not know until i saw that tweet some days ago. I never paid this dude much attention. I'm really glad she even went on to create something to fight against the same suffering she went through.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
He'd done it to several people. Fuck him and all controlling abusers out there.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I don't know if I knew about Woods per say, but I think it's fairly common knowledge that he's had similar relationships with a lot of women.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
He's a pos.

Manson's erratic behavior isn't just for show—in fact, he's been accused of sexual misconduct before. In a series of tweets, actress Charlyne Yi said Manson "harassed just about every woman" on the set of House, asking her and other actresses if they were going to "scissor," as well as calling her a "China man."

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I always heard the... weird (? not sure what to call it) character wasn't a façade and he was highly intelligent but fucked up, so unfortunately this doesnt surprise me.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I learned all of this earlier today when I mentioned that his latest album struck me as surprisingly decent. Once I saw that, however, I skipped to the next album and was good from there on out.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Me neither but that doesn't mean anything and that doesn't matter. Always surprised why people say this.
Anyway, i doubt she was the only one. Have other people come forward?

There's another ex girlfriend Esme Bianco in that twitter thread with whipping scars(there's a photo).

But i think people aren't naming him or something.

Oct 27, 2017
That's so awful.

Apparently the Phoenix act passed in California. Good on her for turning such awful abuse into help and justice for victims.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
I was never a fan, but for some reason I'd been under the impression he was kind of a meek dorkus underneath all the shock rock trappings. I couldn't have been more wrong. Yikes.

Jul 18, 2018
What. The. Fuck. I have never even heard of this before. Even more disturbing is this is not even new/breaking, and he still got away with it all.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Is this old? Did nothing ever happen to Manson from this?

WTF.

She's never explicitly named him, partly due to legal concerns, so unfortunately not. Also, there are statutes of limitations in the US on when you can report domestic violence, which is why she opened up about her abuse.

Edit: I can't find the video she posted about this, but it's worth noting that the bill was massively watered down on its winding road to being signed into law (IIRC, 20 years ultimately became 5). Some progress is better than none, however, and I'm sure the extra time has already helped some victims.

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for info. Massive respect for her coming forward, looked like it was really tough.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, never knew this. I always thought it was random celebrity pairing. Then i remember hearing stuff like she started seeing Mickey Rourke after so i just thought she was in a older men phase. Fucked up shit.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's long been known that Manson is an abuser. Not sure why he.... kinda skated on it with public perception?

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
While I have always liked his music and still do, and he has some amazing insight into society, culture, and fame, as a person he has always been a monumental shitbag, pretty much been known since the Marilyn Manson and the spooky kids days. Even his autobiography or whatever it was which was pretty early in his career he bragged about treating people like shit and somehow thought the way he treated groupies and fans was cool and amazing instead of the sick and disturbing shit it was.

So while I like and will go to bat for the music, the man is a trash fire, no defense, and while I would miss the music if he suffered some horrible violence or death I might actually smile and clap a little, it's what he probably deserves.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Dude is trash, always has been. I knew about the ERW stuff, and Manson being the abuser was the rumor for quite some time.

But the stuff with House is new to me though.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly thought underneath the theatrics he puts on for his persona that he was a decent person but I guess not.

Doesn't he say he IS Marilyn Manson these days? Like, it use to be his on stage persona, but now he just says it is who he is. It is an odd thing to make your character a villain, and then decide you actually are that character.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Yup I knew when she was hinting at an abusive ex and it was exposed as being Manson on twitter.

He is a sick fuck and I could have sworn he actually was dating her when she was 17 though it says 19. Either way its still fucking gross because he was 36.

I mean they both never said it but it is pretty obvious that she was the one that entered a suicide pack with him.

Since ince The Golden Age of Grotesque he has been confessing all the stuff he does in the lyrics.

And The group Marilyn Manson felt apart because he was abusive on stage to the other members.

Deleted member 19293

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's long been known that Manson is an abuser. Not sure why he.... kinda skated on it with public perception?

Before I write this, I'm going to preface it by saying if anything Ms. Wood stated is accurate, or any of the other people who have come forward with similar claims about Marilyn Manson's behavior, there is literally nothing that makes that behavior okay. It's not their fault it happened, or anything along those lines.

But to answer your question on how Manson seems to have "gotten away with it", 1: Statute of limitations is one reason, and a lot of these claims come from a significant time ago. 2: Manson has for decades put together a fairly comprehensive public persona of eccentricity, outlandishness, shock, violence, and more. The concept of "person who acts like a fucking psycho publicly does unbelievably shitty things to people" is not complicated to understand. And it's easier to fall into the idea or the mindset of "well, I'm not quite sure what you were expecting from this person" and use it as kind of a victim-blaming excuse so people don't have to really think any further about it. Maybe it's not blame on the victim, but it's more of a "you should have known better" thing. It's just easier for a lot of people to come to terms with it and move on when it didn't happen to them.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't want to think he was actually an evil shitbag but his behavior would get increasingly shitty in a way that didn't seem for show.

There's a solid handful of songs I really liked but he owes most of that to Trent Reznor and Trent made much better stuff.