• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sampson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I won't go near the stuff anymore. Friend of mine had a bad trip and went crazy in public. He ended up arrested and everything. Maybe microdosing can work but after seeing that shit I don't trust it.

Do you drink alcohol?

Statistically, you probably know multiple people who have been arrested while under the influence of alcohol, even if they didn't tell you about it. Drunk drivers kill tens of thousands of people in the US every year, and 40% of all violent crimes are committed by drunk people.

You could say, "well you can just have 1 or 2 drinks and keep it under control" -- yeah, for most people, but not for alcoholics. I'm not saying get rid of alcohol, but people don't apply the same standards to every drug because Jesus drank wine in the bible.

If you know it's good LSD and it's a reasonable amount, it's one of the safest drugs ever discovered.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
I don't know what's more surprising; reading that a drug that makes you see and hear things that aren't there, might possible have the potential to maybe fuck up someone's mind; or that lsd has a defence force.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what's more surprising; reading that a drug that makes you see and hear things that aren't there

argument for psychedelics is you see things that are "there" but never realized before, for the most part.

you hear recountings about how somebody took acid and saw a bunch of underwear gnomes running around, and it's probably true to an extent but most of that stuff is surface level hallucinations

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Microdosing LSD seems like a scam to me tbh, in my experience you either trip or you don't.

I also didn't have any psychological breakthroughs when I tripped but I guess everyone is different 🤷‍♂️

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
It only works if you're already smart. It's not magic. It doesn't change your mind, just gives you a different perspective on what's already in there.

I don't know what's more surprising; reading that a drug that makes you see and hear things that aren't there, might possible have the potential to maybe fuck up someone's mind; or that lsd has a defence force.
The war on drugs has worked wonders. Just look at this fine specimen.
37391.jpg

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
LSD doesn't make you see things that aren't there, it just warps your perception of things that already exist.

The least you could do is understand the effects of it before shitting on it, and I'm saying that as someone who isn't even a giant fan of the drug.

And of course it has a defense force, it's a non-addictive psychedelic that's had studies show that it improves the mental well-being of some people and was only criminalized due to war on drugs bullshit.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I don't microdose, but LSD is basically like defragging your brain. Pretty damn good for depression et al
I wouldn't recommend it wholeheartedly for someone with depression though. In my experience it didn't really help or hurt it, other people have had great experience with it reducing the impact of depression but then there are also people whose depression just leads to a bad trip. So just be cautious.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Defence force" smh
I think it's crazy you think LSD is so bad that people recounting their positive stories about it are defending it like it's heroin or something.

Personally, I've done it twice and haven't had my mind "expanded" or anything but it was fun. Now shrooms, on the other hand, THAT was a trip forreal. I much prefer them over acid but to each their own.

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't recommend it wholeheartedly for someone with depression though. In my experience it didn't really help or hurt it, other people have had great experience with it reducing the impact of depression but then there are also people whose depression just leads to a bad trip. So just be cautious.

Aye course a trip depends on your mood. the defragging bit was more about post trip sober times though, more than the trip itself.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Aye course a trip depends on your mood. the defragging bit was more about post trip sober times though, more than the trip itself.
The post trip sober time for me was just a giant fucking headache and taking a long nap lol

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
We gonna have a talk about what's real and what isn't arent we..

guess what i'm getting at is it's mostly a mental thing. you aren't seeing dragons and angels flying out of rainbows you're mostly looking at your life, relationships, emotions ect in a way where the ego isn't a barrier

i mean yeah your perception of reality is heavily impaired, don't plan on taking care of small children or operating heavy machinery or whatever but it's not like PCP where you actualize crazy shit you see and act out dangerously

Last edited:

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
Not a fan of using it to be productive but I did go through a period of therapy once a week and microdosing psilocybin mushrooms 2/3 x a week and it did wonders for my depression and anxiety (more manageable). But that was also alongside good diet, good amount of sleep, yoga, meditation and exercise. Use with caution and keep track of your moods and thoughts with a journal.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017
People seem to be really confusing doing a normal dose for tripping with microdosing. these people are not tripping at work.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
I've microdosed LSD for about 3 months (with breaks in between). It works, but I wouldn't say it's a permanent solution to treating depression or anxiety.

For those wondering, the feeling when microdosing is supposed to be imperceptible to you. That is, you shouldn't feel high while going about your day as that would defeat its purpose. It basically rewires your mindset so that you won't repeat your normal thought patterns as you assess a problem or a series of choices.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the reason LSD has a stigma attached to it is that higher doses can have a weird bodily electrical zappy feeling which if that lasts for like twelve hours and perhaps if you didn't know anything about it you might be freaked out enough to go to the ER or something. I suppose it's also synthesized and there might be a cases of impure stuff maybe with a lot of weird ergotamines. Personally I like LSD a lot more than mushrooms. I'm actually pretty sensitive to mushrooms to the point that I treat them with quite a bit of caution, while the more cerebral effects of LSD seem to better preserve an ability to take things more intellectually and not seriously, (while mushrooms are kinda deathly serious in affective tone ime, lol).

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it is a good idea to take something you naturally wouldn't without any medical supervision regularly.

I mean I get the use for leisure but microdosing it over a long time can't be healthy.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
I did for a while,as it helped with my adhd symptoms and got me through a depression, improved my life quality and helped me focus. Did it when i have been in a rough spot after a breakup. But i would never do it just for work i guess.

A normal dose, once a year with the right settings and moot can improve your worldview dramaticly.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds like it goes hand-in-hand with all the techbros who go to Burning Man now.

I did for a while,as it helped with my adhd symptoms and got me through a depression, improved my life quality and helped me focus. Did it when i have been in a rough spot after a breakup. But i would never do it just for work i guess.

A normal dose, once a year with the right settings and moot can improve your worldview dramaticly.
Helps with ADHD, you say. Is it enough of a dose to hallucinate?

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
This sounds like it goes hand-in-hand with all the techbros who go to Burning Man now.

Helps with ADHD, you say. Is it enough of a dose to hallucinate?

If you are microdosing properly, you shouldn't notice any "active" side effects, and definitely not hallucinations or similar. If you're seeing shit, you took more than a microdose.

Of course, there are therapeutic reasons to do an active dose, IMO, and I wish like hell I could make a living guiding people through that process because it's been pretty helpful for me.

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
I don't microdose, but LSD is basically like defragging your brain. Pretty damn good for depression et al
This is a great description. Every positive experience I've had was just breaking it all down and putting it back together.
Realizing I worry way too much.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
This is a great description. Every positive experience I've had was just breaking it all down and putting it back together.
Realizing I worry way too much.
Are shrooms similar to LSD when it comes to the positives? Like the other poster said "defragging"

Oct 26, 2017