• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If a person has said "Superman is boring, he's unrelatable and overpowered" they are legally barred from watching any superhero movie for at least another five years, with options for renewal if they add "Batman should use his money to fix Gotham."

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Just within my extended family i know if your not in the avengers you might as well not exist for most of the younger ones. Or id say any knowledge of DC stuff only comes from teen titans GO.

They wouldnt really know anything about xmen, F4 etc.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I asked my kids and they both said they don't really care about any of them.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Article from 2016, so I'd imagine Avengers has grown a lot since then.

www.entrepreneur.com

Batman vs. Superman: Who Makes More Money? | Entrepreneur

The two DC Comics superheroes bring home the bacon for Warner Bros. -- but only one can be the victor in the battle for most profitable overall.

The winner is clear. Batman beats the Man of Steel (sorry, Superman) in licensing fees for global retail sales in merchandise at $494 million vs. the son of Krypton's $277 million, according to The Licensing Letter.

Don't be too bummed, Superman loyalists. In the race for global retail sales, it's Marvel Comics' Spider-Man who crushes all others with a swinging $1.3 billion in annual licensing fees. In case you're wondering, Marvel's The Avengers franchise earns $325 million.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Its always Spiderman and Batman from friend's kids that I know.

C'mon son. No one cares about Captain America

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
Supergirl is more popular than Superman among kids these days.

mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:127851

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Kids still care about Spider-man and Batman.

Superman? Not so much. Hardly anyone cares about Superman these days.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
My cousin's oldest son (he's about 10) is a DC kid, through and through. He likes Marvel well enough, but his true love is Batman.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
I grew up in the 80's, kids thought Superman was corny. It was all about Spiderman and the X-Men and the Beyonder... until Tim Burton's Batman came out when I was in Middle School.

Then Marvel took a back seat briefly until Image Comics were the next big deal in the 90's.

Superman was never that big, until Death of Superman... and even then, kids and teens were all about whatever property had a cartoon at the time.

May 10, 2018
Batman definitely. Keep in mind the Arkham games which were highly successful meanwhile Superman is basically nonexistent in that medium outside of Injustice which is a fighting game.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was born in 94. I don't even remember kids my age caring about Superman. Batman ofc. that's always gonna be popular. Superman's gonna need to come back in a major way to be popular these days tho. Preferably not as some OH HE'S EVIL NOW ish.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I was born in 94. I don't even remember kids my age caring about Superman. Batman ofc. that's always gonna be popular. Superman's gonna need to come back in a major way to be popular these days tho. Preferably not as some OH HE'S EVIL NOW ish.
I'm just a few years older, but The Animated series was definitely well received, and Smallville after that. But that doesn't really target kids as much as teens.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It feels like Warner at this point has basically given up on pushing Superman in a big way (which is why he's getting a tv show now rather than movies). I guess it doesn't make sense to invest much on the property to attempt to make it more popular when by 2034 it will fall into public domain - Batman is in a similar situation, but is much more popular right now.