• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thwomp

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
www.youtube.com

TELL A TALE TOWN, Exercise Opening

Lois Walker is mayor of Tell-A-Tale Town. This segment comes from Series #1, 1991. Lois, Lee, Omolara, and Jimmy meet Rita Woodman in the Library and hear a ...

I don't know why but I suddenly remembered about this show today...

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Just got PTSD from watching that.

Anyone remember watching Voyage of the Mimi in school 🤔

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've seen it somewhere on channel TVO every morning for Barber show when I was a kid.

Remember Big Couch Comfy? That shit was my jam.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

best theme song ever and a young Ben affleck!

How bout the weird French series you'd watch in French class in HS where the kid (Andy I think?) got stuck in Montreal for a week cuz he got on the wrong train and stayed with some girl and her family?

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
This got me into a youtube hole of looking up old Canadian kids tv and found OWL TV again.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I remember all of the asstastic Lois Walker shows.

Here's another one and it's insidious opening theme song which still haunts my dreams...

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a head like a ping pong ball
Ping
Like a ping pong ball

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Smoggies, Smoggies,
Smokey, oily, greasy,
Smoggies, Smoggies,
Smokey, oily, greasy,

[...]
With the Sun-tots and the Smoggies,
Just the way the world could be,
A messy mess or shiny clear, ecologically

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Seems to me a lot of y'all should check out this YT channel that is legally uploading a bunch of Canadian shows, including ones mentioned in this thread.

www.youtube.com

Encore +

Stream your favourite classic Canadian films and TV shows for free. Encore+ features hundreds of iconic and award-winning titles, restored, digitized and you...

Canada Media Fund - Encore+

The Canada Media Fund (CMF) fosters, develops, finances and promotes the production of Canadian content and applications for all audiovisual media platforms.

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
I think I've seen it somewhere on channel TVO every morning for Barber show when I was a kid.

Remember Big Couch Comfy? That shit was my jam.
My sister was obsessed with the Big Comfy Couch. Funny story. My dad was reading the newspaper once while we were watching it and the clown girl said "Who made this big mess?" Like she does every episode. And I went "You did, you dumb bitch."

And my dad burst out laughing. I think I was 3 or 4. Lol

Robaperas

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
To me, this is Canadian TV from my childhood

I live in Chile, and this was the only thing I watched from Canada, that I can really remember/know of.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since we're on a canadian kid show nostalgia binge, how about Professor Iris?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017

YES lol

I remember watching it again on YouTube ages ago for a nostalgia hit - at least 10 years ago, the company was still selling it to schools so I thought there would be no way to watch it again. lol

Oct 25, 2017
The greatest tv show in Canadian history is easily Mr.Dressup. I loved it so much as a kid

Last edited: