• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
That I have no idea. At this point, let's just wait for the preview/review cycle and have press folks speak to it.

I only wanted to confirm the existence of 4K/60 mode since that question kept popping up here and on social media.

Does the game support VRR at all, the upto 120fps modes sound perfect for it.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Hey folks,

I know there's been concerns circulating across different threads with respect to resolution and frame rate for XSX and PS5.

Having checked with our DMC hype man Matt Walker, I can confirm that DMC5:SE will support 4K@60fps when RT is turned off.

To recap:
  • 4K/30fps with Ray Tracing ON
  • 1080p/60fps with Ray Tracing ON
  • 4K/60fps with Ray Tracing OFF
  • Up to 120fps with Ray Tracing OFF
That's all I can share for now. Expect previews/reviews in the coming weeks. We're only three weeks away from launch!

Hello and thansk for the explanation but I would like to know what kind of RT your engine is using right now? I bet it's brute forced per pixel ray tracing hence the going down to 1080p. I was expecting you to adopt hybrid RT which gives same results and sometimes even better and you can maintain 4K and 60 FPS with it.
Did you run out of time to implement proper Hybrid RT for DMC5SE since it will be a launch game? Will later RE engine Capcom games adopt Hybrid for maxium performance and resolutions in the future? Thanks.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
It's a shame there's no platform out there that could theoretically do 4K60 or even higher while keeping ray tracing turned on
If only PCs were a real platform and not a figment of our imagination. Oh well.

Seriously, though, I do hope this gets a PC release eventually (more than just Vergil, that is). It would be a nice way to future-proof the new features as right now they are limited in many ways: can't play raytracing at 4k60fps, can't play raytracing with turbo mode, can't play raytracing with LDK mode, and can't play turbo mode with LDK mode.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I'd like to get raytracing on PC with DLSS, the option for 1080p/60 with raytracing on PS5 is really good news. I really do not give a shit about 4K (nor do I have the budget for a 4K monitor), and I don't need framerates above 60, so I'm totally cool with the compromise option. If the next-gen version of Spider-Man and Miles Morales had the option for 1080p/60 with raytracing, I'd buy a PS5 in a heartbeat.

Seriously, kudos to Capcom for providing that option.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
And 120 fps (on consoles).

I only just bought the game on sale and started on it on the PS4 and left it by the wayside a couple of months ago. Although now that I've got an X900H TV, I may have to re-buy this game and actually finish it on the PS5 just to see what 120 fps feels like.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still hoping they show some more Vergil footage before launch, even if it's just another 10 seconds in a three hour Capcom Channel stream. Show me the boy.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see how this news is unsurprising. Haven't people been saying over and over that the Series S would get the same versions of Series X games just at 1440p/1080p? I'm dumbfounded that 1440p or 1080p with 30FPS ray tracing wouldn't be possible.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I don't see how this news is unsurprising. Haven't people been saying over and over that the Series S would get the same versions of Series X games just at 1440p/1080p? I'm dumbfounded that 1440p or 1080p with 30FPS ray tracing wouldn't be possible.
I'm guessing that couldn't find a way to include a 60fps w/ raytracing mode on the Series S they didn't bother with it at all.

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
So will this have a different story? Because how would this work due to him being playable.
Same campaign, but I think a couple of cutscenes will be different or expanded. It's like previous Special Editions where Vergil plays through all other characters' campaigns and gets a couple of cutscenes. Cutscenes not involving Vergil will be cut in the story most likely.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

It's SSShowtime!! We just revealed key new info for #DevilMayCry 5 Special Edition: http://bit.ly/DMC5SEdates

- Pre-orders are now live for PS5 and XBOX Series X|S
- Vergil DLC launches December 15th
- An Update on XBOX Series S ray tracing

The Series S update is that there is no raytracing on Series S.
You get 100,000 red orbs when you buy the game by November 18th.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting a month for Vergil on PC is going to be brutal. The storm is approaching very slowly.

$5 is very nice, though. I'm not going to reveal how much I would have been prepared to pay :P

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Isn't the Virgil DLC included in the next-gen versions?
I'm getting a bit confused by the tweet above, saying it's released on december 15.

Same campaign, but I think a couple of cutscenes will be different or expanded. It's like previous Special Editions where Vergil plays through all other characters' campaigns and gets a couple of cutscenes. Cutscenes not involving Vergil will be cut in the story most likely.
When did he ever have a couple of cutscenes? I wouldn't count those ingame snippets, where they just swap character models, as cutscenes. Everything will be missing. He will only have an intro, that seems to be him appearing at Nero's home, but from his point of view. And an outro, that's him and Dante in hell, again altered more to his perspective.
Waiting a month for Vergil on PC is going to be brutal. The storm is approaching very slowly.

$5 is very nice, though. I'm not going to reveal how much I would have been prepared to pay :P
Well, he already owns our hearts. What more could we give him anyway?! 🥴