• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks,

I know there's been concerns circulating across different threads with respect to resolution and frame rate for XSX and PS5.

Having checked with our DMC hype man Matt Walker, I can confirm that DMC5:SE will support 4K@60fps when RT is turned off.

To recap:
  • 4K/30fps with Ray Tracing ON
  • 1080p/60fps with Ray Tracing ON
  • 4K/60fps with Ray Tracing OFF
  • Up to 120fps with Ray Tracing OFF
That's all I can share for now. Expect previews/reviews in the coming weeks. We're only three weeks away from launch!

Wonderful, thanks!

Fingers crossed 120fps at least hits 1440p, but that will be my main mode regardless.

May 15, 2019
It's a shame there's no platform out there that could theoretically do 4K60 or even higher while keeping ray tracing turned on

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
If your TV doesn't support 120fps, is there a benefit to playing in that mode or am I fine with just the 60fps mode?

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks,

I know there's been concerns circulating across different threads with respect to resolution and frame rate for XSX and PS5.

Having checked with our DMC hype man Matt Walker, I can confirm that DMC5:SE will support 4K@60fps when RT is turned off.

To recap:
That's all I can share for now. Expect previews/reviews in the coming weeks. We're only three weeks away from launch!
Nice to have it confirmed, can't imagine playing in anything except the 120fps mode though.

Nov 7, 2017
I think 5 dollar vergil and faster loading times is the right way to got for those of us with a save file already. Not trying to play another 100 hours to unlock everything again just to have ray tracing

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think 5 dollar vergil and faster loading times is the right way to got for those of us with a save file already. Not trying to play another 100 hours to unlock everything again just to have ray tracing

Yeah if you just want to play Vergil and not go through unlocking everything, clearing Bloody Palace with everyone again then just getting Vergil dlc is the way to go.

DidactBRHU3

Oct 17, 2019
Fortaleza - Ceará
Y'all will become the Alpha and the Omega himself come this holiday.

(with a minimum $5 admission fee :p)
c41.gif

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Don't do dirty on him though. He will expect nothing but perfection - speed and accuracy - w

Yep, as platocplx mentioned, it's Dec. 1st for both PS5 and Series S|X.
I just need a digital link. I'm so hyped for the game. I check daily on the site To pre order digital. 😅

s y

Nov 8, 2017
S ranking mission 10 again

S ranking V's shitty missions on Hell and He'll....

Whew...

oRuin

Oct 25, 2017
This has a pretty cheap price in the UK. I might end picking it up at some point. Will have to see what my backlog is like.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
4k 60fps sound like the best way to get for me, wasn't too ethuesed by the RT implementation in the game.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks,

To recap:

Is that last bit about 120 frames referring to a resolution lower than 4K?

Level 7 Boss

Jun 19, 2018
I don't think Sony moneyhatted ray tracing, I'm guessing that Capcom were in receipt of dev kits for longer the PS5 and were able to implement RT.

Moneyhatting RT in a cross-gen game, would be the stupidest thing ever.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Spent most of my 100+ hours with DMC5 in Bloody Palace and The Void. Everytime I think about replaying the campaign I remember V is there and decide against it, so I've only fine through it once. Actually excited to replay now on LDK mode @ 120fps.

SpasmaticFl0w

Aug 4, 2020
Hey folks,

To recap:
Can you speak on anything regarding support for 1440p?

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
That I have no idea. At this point, let's just wait for the preview/review cycle and have press folks speak to it.

I only wanted to confirm the existence of 4K/60 mode since that question kept popping up here and on social media.

Are we getting any option to pre-order Vergil DLC for PS4/XB1?