• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
They're pulling that shit again on PC? Alright then I'll just buy Capcom games used from now on. Kindly fuck off.

Edit: although obviously that's only if true. I'm tired of being treated like an afterthought considering I buy all of their games day one on PC.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine if they try to sell a rerelease of a rerelease.

I think they're just gonna move on to the next DMC game.
I mean, probably. But considering how value-packed DMC4SE is, I certainly wouldn't complain if Capcom released one last edition of DMC5 with substantial bonus content, especially if they offered a discount to returning customers. From a consumer standpoint it's hardly different than buying a new season pass or DLC pack.

At the end of the day I just want the best possible version of DMC5. I don't care about the optics of iterating on the base game multiple times.

Last edited:

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, probably. But considering how value-packed DMC4SE is, I certainly wouldn't complain if Capcom released one last edition of DMC5 with substantial bonus content, especially if they offered a discount to returning customers. From a consumer standpoint it's hardly different than buying a new season pass or DLC pack.
As a returning costumer, 5SE at $40 is already a bad value imo. They are selling one character and a couple of modes that were already available in past SE versions. I doubt if they did, say playable Lady & Trish + a mini story campaign for a new version, they'd sell that at anything less than $40.

So $60 for vanilla ($70 if you wanted all the weapons and arms), $40 for Vergil and another $40 for Lady & Trish (and a possible mini-campaign) is gonna add up to $140-$150. I don't know that many games that sell $80 season passes that basically boil down to three characters.

So yea, I personally don't expect anything more from DMC5 after this.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Sony better not be fucking money hatting raytracing enhancements like they've been with vr modes too

Edit: nevermind given xbox but why do you hate us Capcom ;-;

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Nvidia should jump in then, it's a no brainer so show off more rtx+dlss support. I thought AMD would have done it since the original was AMD sponsored but this tells me big navi Ray tracing performance is......... Not there.

Sep 20, 2018
I'm super happy that Vergil is in and that they are potentially introducing a way for V to come back- both those things are totally awesome (no JCE is worrying though).

I'm really conflicted on this though. On the one hand, 4SE had more content- Vergil, Lady, Trish and various QoL upgrades. On the other hand though, of those characters, Vergil was the only one that felt semi-complete to me, and even then, a lot of his moves were just a copy paste of Dante's. Lady and Trish, while they had some fun mechanics, weren't as fleshed out as the others (though I'd heard that was because of the budget, I would have expected the budget here to be higher).

I'd rather have 4 fully fleshed out characters as opposed to 4 fleshed out characters and two half-finished characters, but I'd also rather have 7 fully fleshed out characters total (Dante, Nero, V, Vergil, Trish, Lady, and Lucia).

You could have also used Lady, Trish, and Lucia to bring back old weapons if you were really out of ideas- Nevan (for Trish), Agni & Rudra (for Lucia), and Artemis (for Lady).

And I realize with Lady and Trish, you can't really recycle them as they were in 4SE because Dante now has most of their moves, but that's all the more reason to expand on them. One of the biggest complaints was the treatment of Lady and Trish by the story, so it seems odd that it's not addressed.

I kind of don't see how this is worth $40.

Like graphical upgrades are nice, but was anybody really clamoring for that?

Turbo was being asked for right up to launch, so I get why that's a thing.

LDK mode is fun but not necessary, and I don't remember people clamoring for that either.

I just think this could have been so much more than what we got. This isn't even getting into co-op and divergence mode, which iirc are in the base game files.

I'm still hyped and will probably pick up Vergil DLC, but I don't think this is worth getting a PS5/XBSX over.

My only hope is that this was rushed out to meet the launch of next gen and things will be released later as DLC (it seemed odd to feature the ending scene with Lady and Trish twice in an otherwise Vergil focused trailer).

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Still in disbelief this happened man. Outta nowhere! Really hope they make the coop more legit this go around and hopefully we get trish, lady, and Nico.

Oct 27, 2017
It already runs close to 4k at 60 fps on the PS4 pro. Wouldn't that make 120fps at the same resolution possible on next gen hardware? I don't understand why lower the resolution so much to 1080p?

Oct 28, 2017
Got so excited...until I realised Capcom doing bare minimum and fucking with PC players just for the heck of it.
In hindsight with the "human errors" this was a running theme of the PS event.
dmc5seicj1d.jpg

Last edited:

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Nvidia should jump in then, it's a no brainer so show off more rtx+dlss support. I thought AMD would have done it since the original was AMD sponsored but this tells me big navi Ray tracing performance is......... Not there.
It's about as there as in the consoles so whatever is possible on a 10TF PS5 should be equally possible on a 20-25TF Navi 21.
It's just that Capcpom don't care.

Yahabane

Alt Account
Banned
Sep 29, 2019
Sony moneyhatted RT for PS5 but let XSX have it as well?

I think this is just Capcom being Capcom with their idiotic approach to PC support.

Maybe not moneyhat, but definitely Capcom doing some dumb stuff on their own to appease Sony. XSX has RT too, but it being a post-release patch is weird. I think Capcom just want to market the PS5 version as the definitive version with everything on disc day one. They probably felt like they owe it to Capcom after taking up Microsoft's offer to announce the game at their E3. I remember someone saying that Japanese devs are afraid to be seen talking with Microsoft staff, especially with Sony representatives nearby. Loyalty appears to be a huge thing in Japan.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm bummed that it's digital only.

EDIT: oh shit it's coming to a disk later. Sweet!

curtismyhero

Aug 29, 2018
I just can't help but be baffled that this wouldnt come to PC (outside of just the Vergil DLC). I mean, the want is there, and I'd gladly pay for the features. I'm curious (and this is just a shot in the dark), that perhaps capcom is specifically keeping it off of PC, b/c the "raytracing" upgrades are pretty weak in comparison to what's been offered on PC?

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
The inevitable PS5 version is why I haven't bought the PS4 version yet. Still waiting for TLoU2, Death Stranding, RDR2 and more.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
I think I'm more disappointed than anything else with DMC5: SE. Playable Vergil is cool. LDK is cool. New raytracing stuff is cool. But then the bad news come pouring in:
- No PC version is really bizarre.
- The raytraced effects don't seem worth it considering they drop the framerate by half.
- LDK was fun in DMC4, but it was something you played once and never touched again.
- Vergil seems potentially very simplistic compared to DMC4: SE.
- No playable Lady or Trish like in DMC4: SE.
- No sign of abandoned features for the original DMC5, like Divergence Mode (choose any character for any mission) and co-op Bloody Palace.

Man this feels like this is rushed/had small team or something. Just look at the Vergil to V transition animation, V goes from stumbling to floating looks jank af:
Fun fact: that V attack is actually an unused attack in original DMC5. Modders found a way to access it.

I noticed Vergil doesn't change weapon a single time throughout the trailer, so this could easily be the most simplistic version of a playable Vergil so far.

Oct 25, 2017
No co-op or co-op bloody palace makes this a no buy for me. This port is either very half-assed and feels like its adding stuff that should have been in at release or at least post release DLC. Feels very gouge-y to me.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
after a couple of days I just cant get excited over this. No PC, no lady or trish, and after all these years we still can't get a Vergil exclusive campaign. It really pisses me off that not once has capcom put the effort for like an even a 2 hour campaign for vergil in any of these games. But they're really gonna charge 40 bucks for this still.

The graphical upgrades aren't even worth getting exciting about since that apparently locks the game at 30 fps.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
The thing that really annoys me is that if I get this for PS5 I no longer have the back buttons from the back button attachment which I absolutely loved for gun charging

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
this shit kooks like ass
a bunch of nothing modes and a char who somehow barely looks more complete than the mod version

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I am really annoyed how barebones this is.
Should have included (aside Vergil, LDK and Turbo):
-Lady and Trish playable
-Dante Must Style mode (only deal damage when S rank or higher)
-at least one new outfit for Nero/Dante/V
-all DLC music

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Current gen versions not getting LDK or Turbo would've stung less if they were including other modes that weren't hardware reliant, like Boss Rush, Must Style, Gods Must Die, Divergence or co-op.

Or at least other features like costumes, or Dante's weapon wheel from the Switch version of 3SE.

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
Current gen versions not getting LDK or Turbo would've stung less if they were including other modes that weren't hardware reliant, like Boss Rush, Must Style, Gods Must Die, Divergence or co-op.

Or at least other features like Dante's weapon wheel from the Switch version of 3SE.
Yah more modes are a must at this point. And Musty Style, Divergence, and Co-op have all been implemented with mods in less than a year, so how can the development team not add these...

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I hadn't thought about it, but if Vergil really does just have Yamato this time around that'll be a step back from his Yamato/Beowulf/Force Edge versions in DMC3/4. Being able to transform back into V really doesn't make up for losing the two other weapons, unless they're doing something different with his V form.

There are a lot of obvious additions and QOL tweaks that are missing here, most of which surely wouldn't have taken too many man hours to implement:
- The ability to play as any character in any mission is a no-brainer
- A way to auto-skip cutscenes, or a speedrun mode that just turns them off or whatever
- A boss rush, or the ability to just load straight into any bossfight from the menu
- Must Style mode
- More costumes/palette swaps. I'm assuming the DLC outfits will be at least be included by default, as well as the DLC weapons, but I don't think they've confirmed it?

I'll definitely buy the Vergil DLC on PC but the idea of buying the whole game again on PS5 just for Turbo, LDK and raytracing really isn't an enticing proposition. Especially when you consider you'll be starting over from a fresh save again, having to go through the laborious process of unlocking all the moves again, finding all the blue and purple orbs again, unlocking all the difficulties again...

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
Fyi guys, steam db just added 6 more dlc tonight of unknown apps (they added 1 dlc 7 days ago for Vergil): https://steamdb.info/app/601150/dlc/
I think this might just be alt costumes though, or one could be Vergil ex taunt I guess?...

edit: Note this also could be mtx bs too, so don't get too hyped, example:
- Vergil character
- Vergil ex taunt
- Vergil super costume
- Vergil blue orbs
- Vergil red orbs (probably separate) or Bury the light battle track
- Vergil ex color (Vante)
- Vergil unlock bundle

Last edited:

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Hey folks,

I know there's been concerns circulating across different threads with respect to resolution and frame rate for XSX and PS5.

Having checked with our DMC hype man Matt Walker, I can confirm that DMC5:SE will support 4K@60fps when RT is turned off.

To recap:
  • 4K/30fps with Ray Tracing ON
  • 1080p/60fps with Ray Tracing ON
  • 4K/60fps with Ray Tracing OFF
  • Up to 120fps with Ray Tracing OFF
That's all I can share for now. Expect previews/reviews in the coming weeks. We're only three weeks away from launch!

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Hey folks,

I know there's been concerns circulating across different threads with respect to resolution and frame rate for XSX and PS5.

Having checked with our DMC hype man Matt Walker, I can confirm that DMC5:SE will support 4K@60fps when RT is turned off.

To recap:
That's all I can share for now. Expect previews/reviews in the coming weeks. We're only three weeks away from launch!

Any news for the PC Vergil DLC? Is it releasing this year or next-year?

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Hey folks,

To recap:

Might as well ask: are you able to share anything on the resolution at 120fps? 🙏