• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif
/

All jokes aside if playble Vergil and co op BP is true.... the game has already having peoples' minds blown
tumblr_pnz2jkmXEZ1sr5u37o1_500.gif

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I can't help but feel this is a RE2 situation where the extraneous stuff was always planned but never finished and would eventually be added as a free update. Bloody Palace having coop would be amazing but would also make sense. The Cameo system, in it's current capacity, just feels like too much work went into it to be wasted on what is essentially two missions of a twenty mission game.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
No surprise at the lack of Lady and Trish files.

DMC5 seems to have a lot more animation frames not to mention making animations flow better into each other.

Making Vergil playable isn't too hard as a lot of animation work was obviously done for him already. Trish and Lady have nothing outside of maybe a running animation. All their 4SE animation would need to be reworked even if they gave them the exact same movesets

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Trish and Lady with big a setup in the ending will surely get their chance of spotlight soon, whether DLC or next game.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No surprise at the lack of Lady and Trish files.

DMC5 seems to have a lot more animation frames not to mention making animations flow better into each other.

Making Vergil playable isn't too hard as a lot of animation work was obviously done for him already. Trish and Lady have nothing outside of maybe a running animation. All their 4SE animation would need to be reworked even if they gave them the exact same movesets

Nero reuses animation from DMC4 (his returning moves animate basically exactly the same) so I imagine Trish and Lady would be would do the same. Their animations are much newer too, I doubt they'd discard them.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
5JgSvbV.jpg

So he's selectable via Cheat Engine. It's not my script to distribute so if you want it you'll have to A) Do it yourself or B) Wait.

- He only has Yamato in this form.
- All of his inputs have a delay to them so it's easy to accidentally do the wrong combos
- Lots of his skills are missing effects, like Yamato Combo C.
- If you don't lock on, he can only move forwards. No, seriously.
- His lock on animations are all hilarious bugged. Think Source Engine animations with no upper body movement.
- Not sure if intended, but going DT only puts him in SDT but without any unique effects or combos.
- He has NO summoned swords, literally his only inputs are movement, Yamato and DT.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
5JgSvbV.jpg

So he's selectable via Cheat Engine. It's not my script to distribute so if you want it you'll have to A) Do it yourself or B) Wait.

- All of his inputs have a delay to them so it's easy to accidentally do the wrong combos
- His lock on animations are all hilarious bugged. Think Source Engine animations with no upper body movement.
- Not sure if intended, but going DT only puts him in SDT but without any unique effects or combos.
- He has NO summoned swords, literally his only inputs are movement, Yamato and DT.

He doesn't even have his taunts yet, huh? Man. Seems like they really did just run out of time. Hopefully he's finished soon.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
5JgSvbV.jpg

And worst of all, he doesn't look motivated

at all

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very ready for all of this.

And, honestly, though I'm okay if they just find ways to map the Force Edge and even Beowulf movesets onto different Yamato stances (no spoilers, but Vergil's already got Helm Breaker with Yamato in DMC5, for example) - DMC5 already does a good job of handling noncanonical/alternate weapon appearances (with the alternates for some of Dante's weapons).

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to be able to spam that judgment cut

I got hit by that on purpose just to see that glorious animation.
I thought the DMC4SE Super Judgment cut was cool looking, and then I saw the DMC5 one.

The refracting shattered-glass aftereffect (that you can see as you move around in the wake of the attack) is SO COOL.

I'm unreasonably happy that DMC5 brought back a lot of the distorted-air effects (like an actual slice distortion in the wake of your sword swings like DMC1/3, and not just a particle effect trail like in DMC4).

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I thought the DMC4SE Super Judgment cut was cool looking, and then I saw the DMC5 one.

The refracting shattered-glass aftereffect (that you can see as you move around in the wake of the attack) is SO COOL.

I'm unreasonably happy that DMC5 brought back a lot of the distorted-air effects (like an actual slice distortion in the wake of your sword swings like DMC1/3, and not just a particle effect trail like in DMC4).
It looks so fucking awesome.

I'm not even mad when it kills me lol

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It seemed like it would be a waste of networking effort just for a single-player cameo system, and also no playable Vergil after the reception to a playable Vergil in DMC4SE would've been strange. So expected, but it does sound cool nonetheless.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome to hear about the multiplayer Bloody Palace and Vergil!

I'd pay eagerly to get a set of DMC3 weapons, even just Agni & Rudra, Beowulf, and Nevan. Artemis would be a fitting inclusion, too.

If the ending tease means anything, a campaign for Lady and Trish would be stellar, too. I'm guessing it's dependant on sales figures reaching some threshold. I hope it does.

Also, more costumes. I get that they're far more detailed and expensive to make, but I'd love at least one alternative. Give us a handful of color swaps for both sets of costumes, then.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I frankly don't give a rats ass about Vergil being playable so I'll be pissed if they add him but not Trish or Lady.

Sep 20, 2018
What are the chances of DLC do you guys think? I mean, I know Matt said there would be no DLC, but others have said that there would be (does anyone have an exact quote on that)?

I will second the want for more DMC3 weapons- Agni and Rudra, Nevan, Beowulf, and Artemis. Maybe even regular Cerberus as a swap for King Cerberus. Maybe even Spiral.

Really weapon packs are what I would be most interested in and would pay a lot for, as I felt Dante's weapon selection in this one was a little lacking, with there being (essentially) three re-skins (or at the very least two re-skins, since DSD has some new mechanics) and then three new Devil Arms (Cavalier, King Cerberus, Balrog).

Do folks think there are any chances of weapon packs being a thing?

I agree that a Trish and Lady campaign would be awesome too, but I'm wondering what weapons they would have. Does Lady still have Kalina Ann (basically I'm asking if Dante getting the original Kalina Ann is canon)? And what's Trish going to use if not Sparda?