• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
header.jpg

If you haven't had the opportunity to play DJMAX before, or have been curious to check out the franchise now I think is probably a great time to hop into it. No idea if the PC port is any good, but I find this to be something that'd be difficult to mess up.

Welcome back to PC!

that was super supposed to say 20% off

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
Easy immediate purchase. It'd be great if Konami made it as easy to play their games as Neowiz does.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I am all here for it!!!! You get a discount if you already owned Tapsonic Bold
Ah, so that was why I got a discount coupon!
Bought this so hard the moment it went up, the additional discount made the choice even easier. A no brainer double dip.

How is Tapsonic Bold? I never knew it existed until just a few minutes ago.
Highly recommended if you like DJMax. Great rhythm game for a great price.

Edit: Wow, DJMax Respect is no. 1 on my regions top sellers. I never thought I'd see the day!

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on how many songs are exclusive to the PC version? Have all the DLC for the PS4 version & just waiting for the next batch, wondering if maybe they'll add the new PC songs to PS4 or if they'll stay exclusive.

monkyrez

Oct 27, 2017
Super excited to pick this up tomorrow when I get some extra cash. For anyone who has already picked it up, I know in the last trailer before launch they teased that KD/A's Pop Stars is gonna be in the game but is it already in this Early Access build?

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've always wondered about these games. Do you need special peripherals for it or does a keyboard suffice. What's recommended to use?

Feb 15, 2019
Instabought, kinda wish it was a bit cheaper and was hoping around the 25 mark but hey, Djmax on pc after a long ass time. Can't complain about that,

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
How much additional discount do you get if you own Tapsonic Bold? That's been on my wishlist since it was announced so I'll probably just end up buying both at once.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Is this a good option for a first(ish) rhythm game? My only experience with DJMax is getting my ass kicked by the demo for the first PSP one back in the day.
That was my first exposure to the series as well. Respect is a fantastic collection, PC should be the definitive version and there's plenty of charts less intimidating than that one for a gradual skill climb.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Is this a good option for a first(ish) rhythm game? My only experience with DJMax is getting my ass kicked by the demo for the first PSP one back in the day.

Yep, a lot of different modes all with their own beginner to expert level charts. Even if you just stick to beginner charts that is a ton of content on its own. You honestly can jump into most rhythm games today since they have great difficulty scaling.

Going to double dip even though I have PS4 ver + DLC. Being able to boot IIDX Infinitas and DJMax Respect back to back is freaking awesome.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Nice! I'd probably pick up both then.

I really wish it was easy to get Infinitas on PC. I'd been hankering to play IIDX at home again.

Yea it's a little work, but there is a really great guide here: https://www.bemanistyle.com/infiniticon-an-english-speakers-guide-to-beatmania-iidx-infinitas/

You can also buy Paseli with US/International cards now directly on the site (the options was added about 5-6 months ago), so you don't have to go through a third party site. Saves a lot of time with the setup. Still, it'd be great if it were as simple as just buying it on Steam.

OP
OP
Dest

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
So far it seems to be a decent port. Had one crash so far, but thankfully didn't happen midsong

Deleted member 25702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hope they bring those Marshmello and Porter Robinson songs to the PS4 version. It truly is an all-time rhythm/music game.

monkyrez

Oct 27, 2017
I went ahead and picked it up tonight but unfortunately I had to put in a refund request, I was having some really bad sync issues and there are currently no in-game calibration settings (which IMO is kinda unacceptable for a rhythm game at this point), I will chalk it up to being Early Access and hope they get them in there at some point but I think I am just gonna stick with the PS4 version for now.

Oct 25, 2017
I have this on PS4 and I've been wondering if there's a controller that goes with it. I tried looking on Amazon but I'm having little luck.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
The notecharts are designed for the PS4 controller, you don't really need anything special. Respect V has some charts designed for keyboard, but you don't need any special controller. Stuff like the EZMax controller or K28 from Gamo2.com are kind of designed for DJMax, but far from necessary.