• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]

For the first time ever the US version of DJMAX Respect is on sale. This game is loaded with content (146 songs) before you add any DLC (almost all legacy content has been re-released and still being worked on). If you have a mild interest in music rythm games this is an amazing entry point to the genre & series. Fantastic visual design across the board, varied music genres, and a good selection of difficulty/gameplay modes.

I can't do this game justice so head on over to the community OT for an amazing game thread already in progress https://www.resetera.com/threads/djmax-respect-ot-press-x-for-max-respect-na-eu-release.388/

Sample Gameplay Vids

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This is a great rhythm game and you should get it while it's on sale. Although it's honestly worth full price. I love it.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Buy it, people. Breathe life into our OT. Incredibly playable on the DS4 pad as well.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing game. I've put 100s of hours into it and still have some DLC to get. Definitely one of the best games I've picked up this gen.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
This is a phenomenal rhythm game. Buy it! Easily one of my favorite games ever.

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
I have a psychological block in this game right now with the 1,000,000 combo trophy.. can't play it unless I'm working on finishing that trophy.
Problem is I'm only good at 4b so it's taking awhile. Gonna start on 6b when I finally get the trophy finished someday.

Also yes everyone should get this game that likes rhythm games, it's amazing value for what you get.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, nice sale! I imported the physical version; great game... DJMP1 on PSP is my all-time favorite game on that system.

Jun 23, 2019
Great for those who haven't played it. I bought it originally when it first came out and paid full price for the DLC. Don't regret it one bit.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
As a huge amplitude fan this Is something I need now. Is this on sale on the PlayStation store?

OP
OP
Temperance

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
I'm sure I won't be able to press all those buttons/dpad directions, I think I'm too old for this.
Each song can have up to 3 difficulty modes across 4 gameplay modes. Here's the song in 4Button/Normal rated a 5 star difficulty.

No DLC on sale guys this time unfortunately. Guess they hope more people buying into the series will get sales up on the DLC.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
The game and DLC are regularly on sale in the Hong Kong store, which matters if you imported the game so you can have a physical disc, like me.

Still wish they would add a no fail mode or turn think its called keytones off as an option. I don't play it enough as I should, games just too hard for me :(

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I owned this on an HK account with 2 dlc packs, but decided to buy it again because I wanted associated in my main account, and also because I want to purchase the DLC's there

It sucks that DLC has region lock

Anyway, back to unlock stuff again, I wish than the DLC was on discount too today, I would have bought them all

Also, I bought Taiko no Tatsujin because why not

Walt the Dog

Feb 25, 2019
As someone who came into the series with DJMax Respect and has now put nearly 200 hours into it over the past couple years (quite an accomplishment for me given I hardly ever spend more than 50 hours with a game), I can't recommend this enough. Even if you're not quite sure, there's a demo on PSN that should act as a good idea of what you're getting into.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
Tempted simply because it's similar gameplay to SDVX and I don't have to spend hundreds of bucks on a controller.

(Konami please create a decently priced and decent quality SDVX game/controller)

Jun 23, 2019
Tempted simply because it's similar gameplay to SVDX and I don't have to spend hundreds of bucks on a controller.

(Konami please create a decently priced and decent quality SVDX game/controller)

They were supposed to be making a mobile version of SDVX with an official controller to play it, but we haven't heard about it in months.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Tempted simply because it's similar gameplay to SVDX and I don't have to spend hundreds of bucks on a controller.

(Konami please create a decently priced and decent quality SVDX game/controller)
It's nothing like Sound Voltex.
It's more like 5-line pop'n music (back when they made them for PS2s) or turntable-less IIDX.

Still a great game. Such a pity the interface leaves something to be desired - not having an option of sorting songs by difficulty level is bullshit.

OP
OP
Temperance

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Is there a complete edition, with all the dlc ?
No Complete Ed, they are still releasing DLC. Not sure if they would make one in the end either, a bit of 3rd party licensing going on.

+Picking that song for the first video has backfired lol, musically it's one of a my fav so picked it on that. Ok put up one more 4B/NM video.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, grab this game if you can. I bought it day 1 full price and even though it's not exactly my style of rhythm game I still dumped a considerable amount of time into it and had tons of fun. There's SO MUCH CONTENT.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
As far as console rhythm games go this is the best money can buy. I've been playing and following DJMAX since DJMAX Online way way back and Respect is such a great nostalgia trip along with some great new tunes.

vikungfu

Oct 27, 2017
Venice, CA
If I own the HK version and my friend buys the NA version, could we play together and see each other's scores?

And also, love this game but man it gets hard especially on the missions!

Apr 24, 2018
Bought this full price and no regrets - awesome rhythm game. Made me want to get back into playing DDR again, too.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
$20 is an absurd price for this game. It'll take you weeks to play through all the songs once on one difficulty setting on a single button mode. An insane amount of content for the price (was already a steal at $50)

Walt the Dog

Feb 25, 2019
If I own the HK version and my friend buys the NA version, could we play together and see each other's scores?

And also, love this game but man it gets hard especially on the missions!
Servers are cross-region, so yes. There was some conflict between NA/EU and other versions around release, but it was fixed once DLC was released for NA/EU since the versions were in sync once again.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of this before but looks like 5-Button Pop'N Music. The latter is a great game so I'm sure this is good.

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for making this thread! I've been waiting for this game to go on sale for so long (though to be honest, my PS4 hasn't been hooked up in a while). DJ Max Portable was the reason I bought a PSP way back in the day. :D

Last edited:

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
I'm sure I won't be able to press all those buttons/dpad directions, I think I'm too old for this.

The great thing about most long running rhythm game series is that there is enough content for all skill levels by default. There are easy/normal charts for each button mode (4 Button, 5 Button, 6 Button, 8 Button), so even if you don't have the reaction time for the harder charts currently you can still enjoy a large amount of content.

Never heard of this before but looks like 5-Button Pop'N Music. The latter is a great game so I'm sure this is good.

As a Pop'n and IIDX player I definitely recommend this one too. A ton of great songs and a great variety of button modes to choose from. Even if you just stick to one button mode (I mainly played 6B) you have a ton of content.

el_galvon

Jun 13, 2019
Very tempted. I played the demo a lot, but kinda forgot about the game. Thanks to psprices.com and this topic that reminded me now that it's finally on sale.