• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you using a game pad?

• Yes

Votes: 68 45.3%
  • No

Votes: 73 48.7%
  • Both

Votes: 9 6.0%

• Total voters

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
The game itself isn't exactly hard and in need of twitch reflexes.

The game feels a lot better playing with a pad, occasionally I'll use the keyboard and mouse but I see no need for it. I felt like using the mouse wasn't a huge advantage in conflict.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Yep. I tried MKB and it just didn't feel precise enough, weirdly. It felt a lot smoother aiming at targets with my XB1 controller, which is weird to me.

I do occasionally use my keyboard for text chat I guess.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
My friend is using a gamepad and he's doing very well. I played the first game with a controller on PC and it was really good.

zaien

Nov 4, 2017
For Division 1, I was using gamepad till I dived into the dark zone, realised I was sorta handicapping myself against other players

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy most third person games way more with a controller.

The answer for me is yes.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I started with a KB/M, but it didn't quite feel right. I don't know if it's because it's third-person or what. I've been primarily playing with a controller now.

It's odd, because KB/M is my preferred way to play Destiny.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Nope. I use rifles or marksmen rifles mostly and i cant aim for shit with a controller.

Oct 27, 2017
Played TD1 with KB&M and obvs aiming was much easier. Playing TD2 with a pad and it's all good. I do like rumble and I have no interest in PvP.

Jboss

Oct 27, 2017
Steam Controller with Mouse mapped to the right touch pad and gyro. The happy medium and my preferred setup for 75% of games.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i couldn't imagine playing this game with a controller. i tried it off and on with Division 1 and it was just aww hell naw

but that's just me. i envy anybody who can kick back and play it with a gamepad no prob but there's just too much going on for a controller layout

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Given the choice for a third person or first person shooter, I'm never going to prefer a controller over M/KB

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
The game isn't hard? Yeah I don't agree with that. Getting quickly surrounded in many scenarios tells me that twitch reflexes actually are quite necessary. Mouse and keyboard are the only option for me.

Jan 4, 2018
While I don't have The Division 2 at the moment, I plan to use a game pad. I never use Mouse and Keyboard for cover based third person shooters.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
I wouldn't say the game is easy

Does controller support add aim assist? I can't deal with that in pvp

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I'm on the TV via moonlight app I use controller if I'm upstairs at my desk it'll be m/kb

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've played exclusively with MKB so far, but I might give my Dualshock 4 a shot. If I keep playing this game as much as I have, my wrists will end up appreciating it.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Yep, I steer clear of m/kb for anything that's not mmo or sim/strategy. I always find that with faster paced games like shooter my fingers get really tangled on the kb and I'm always hitting wrong keys. Things like holding down shift to sprint really brings in the fatigue too.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
When you kill 6 enemies with bolt action rifle, not missing a single shot, you're not going back to controller :)

But really, controller is completely fine in this game. UI navigation is even better than m/k.

Rathorial

Oct 28, 2017
For Anthem with the flying preferred a pad, but nothing in the Division 2 controls better with a gamepad, and so mouse aim wins out.

Jboss

Oct 27, 2017
Does the game support simultaneous gamepad and mouse, or does the UI flicker between the two?

It supports them simultaneously. Since I started playing, I noticed it switch to showing keyboard prompts or the mouse cursor two or three times randomly, but it seemed like a one off thing and it's not something that happens every time you move the mouse or anything.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, this and Anthem have been games in PC that I am perfectly fine playing on a controller. Plays great and I have zero issue with it. Helps Div 2 is just an amazing game as well.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
It was a tough call between m/kb and an elite controller. The cover system feels way better to use on a controller, but the aim is too compromised. In the end I went m/kb...I can actually follow enemies and get headshots with it when they're running around. Space bar is pretty bad for cover though, and I use a pretty responsive mechanical keyboard. There's no right answer here, imo, just use what you like.

moatman

Feb 5, 2019
I've been using my 360 controller for both Anthem and Division 2, though I played the first Division with keyboard and mouse when it came out.

I think I just have started to prefer controller in most third-person shooters, but definitely still do keyboard and mouse for first-person.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yep, I always use gamepad now, even when it does require "skill". I think it has to do with a me getting old thing, That being said I dont play competetive multiplayer in anygame, or multiplayer in general if it isnt mandatory so I play all my games leisurely as I see fit.

Oct 27, 2017
If I can use mouse and keyboard, I do. I'm not into super competitive games generally, just way more comfortable with it.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I switch back and forth. Can't do long play sessions on M/KB without my right wrist giving me awful pain.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
On my laptop, yes. Some genius decided the chassis should be made of aluminum, so the thing heats up like a Roman candle. I undervolted the GPU to reduce the intensity of the heat, but it still makes the keyboard uncomfortable to hold, so gamepad it is.

On my desktop, I've got a setup specifically for FPS gaming. I'm not gonna compromise on that.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just tried my first side mission with the pad. It's...okay. I had to increase the look and aim sensitivities a ton. There's also an aim assist option.

MKB is much smoother for me, but this will give my wrists a nice break.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Yes (controller , switching between ds4 and Xbox elite) how else would I play in bed when I'm supposed to be sleeping.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Default key mapping felt awkward so switched to controller immediately. Comfy couch also wins in a not so competitive game like this.