• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

grosso_modo

Jun 8, 2018
If you happen to own a Nintendo Switch, then you'll be able to take all your hundreds of hours of gameplay on the go from today. Divinity: Original Sin 2 has just been released on the Nintendo E-Shop, and it comes not only with all of the Gift Bags you've enjoyed on Steam, but also cross-save progression between the Switch and Steam.
It works pretty simply: once you buy DOS2 from the E-Shop and load up the game, you'll be asked if you want to link to Steam. If you choose to, it'll automatically grab your saves from the elusive and impenetrable Steam cloud (you'll see how we managed this next week), and your save will be playable on the Switch. It works vice-versa, too. Finished with a game? It'll upload the save back into the cloud. You'll need to be connected to the internet as well as Nintendo's online service, but you'll need that anyway if you're venturing into four player coop on the Switch (which is totally possible!)

We're extremely proud to be able to bring this to the players in cooperation with Nintendo and Valve who helped us plug everything together.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
How will it hancle the oil field fight.

How.

It probably doesnt. It's like one small boss fight of a massive game which usually leads to low priority to address :P

If the rest of the game runs around 30 FPS, i suspect they didn't give a shit to even try. It's turn based anyways. Quick reactions aren't necessarily needed.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
This is a legit fucking megaton. I'm not even playing. I finally played this over the summer on PC and put over 200 hours in it like nothing. This is going to get so much play time on my switch.

The Fort Joy portable machine is what my switch will now be called.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Incredible game, one of the best RPGs ever made. I can't imagine the downgrades needed to get it running on the Switch though.

Rincewind81

Aug 20, 2019
It is great to see Crossaves with Steam - hopefully this will be just a first title! But why not GOG Galaxy Saves too? What a wasted opportunity. :( Especially with Witcher 3 for Switch around the corner. And CD Projekt claim to be so open.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit at it having cloud cross saves. I'm actually considering getting this on Switch as a result.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Now that's how you get people to double dip. Not that DQ11 exclusive content bullcrap.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
PLAY THIS YOU COWARDS

it's hard though

currently at Reapers Coast and getting my ass absolutely handed to me on some fights.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
This game is incredible.

The cross save with Steam is also very tempting. Holy shit though I've already dumped like 100+ hours into this game. Cant justify right now.

SlimeKnight

Jan 2, 2018
Easily one of my all-time favorite games and I have hundreds of hours on the PC version. Having this on a handheld (and with cross saves) will quite literally ruin my life. May have to force myself not to get it on Switch.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sooo happy about this game finally getting ported after I waited so long and almost caved and bought it on PS4.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this was the most hype announcement for me. Loved the original but never played 2. Ill hold off buying though because Im into Pillars right now. Will buy around December I think.

Redstreak

Jan 17, 2018
I'm so really excited for this. I've been playing it on my PC and I'm about halfway through but I'm totally picking it up for the Switch since it has cross save. My PC is "fine" but even on medium graphics it runs fairly slowly so having it on a dedicated system would be marvelous

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I never actually finished this, got to Arx and stopped pre definitive edition. How much more do I have to go?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Yea, I don't know about trading in XB1X fidelity for Switch's performance (esp. for folks on the go with Lite). I hope it is a technically competent port. With time, DF will most likely inform us.

OP
OP
Dranakin

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, I don't know about trading in XB1X fidelity for Switch's performance (esp. for folks on the go with Lite). I hope it is a technically competent port. With time, DF will most likely inform us.

For my lifestyle and work schedule, portability > performance.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Definitely gonna pick this one up. Divinity OS2 Def Edition is straight up one of the best games I played in my life, I'll double dip on this for sure.

Not sure if I really will make use of the shared saves since the game doesn't have NG+, but it might come in handy in case I start another playthrough and want to continue on the Switch.

I never actually finished this, got to Arx and stopped pre definitive edition. How much more do I have to go?

Arx is...
the final
...chapter, though keep in mind that Def Edition adds a lot of stuff to see there. It's not quite as expansive as Reaper's Coast but they added a lot of cool storylines.

Last edited: