• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people have to be labelled trash just because they enjoy a well crafted adventure?
Seems harsh...
This isn't a case where the creators have shitty views but the game is free from them, it's a case where the shitty views are so baked in that they're apparent as soon as the character creation screen.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Glad I never had any interest in this game to begin with

What the fuck

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people have to be labelled trash just because they enjoy a well crafted adventure?
Seems harsh...

do you have any opinion about a CEO saying that "diversity must not lead to conflict"? or do you think this is nbd and reflects nothing material when it comes to the lives of their employees and creative output?

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Take out the PR and just leave it CD bc this is a terrible PR statement

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Man I swear every new thing I hear related to this game makes me less and less interested. They've taken me from a day zero buyer to a day Humble Bundle.

Theyre among my favorite developers and i remain really hyped for the game tbh. But i was initially going to buy this on GOG under the guise of all proceeds going directly towards them. Definitely not doing that in light of the blunders this company has been making. Ashamed to say i dont got the patience to wait for a humble bundle on it tho or to outright boycott it. All the power to those who do tho.

Stayfone

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): False equivalence around bigotry, prior severe ban for dismissing concerns around diversity
CDPR: Talks about mutal respect and tolerence
Era: Zero respect or tolerence

Feb 15, 2019
I agree with you. But it will surely disappoint me and many people on this forum.

Unfortunately they don't care about you or many people on this forum. They want to make money and keep their shitty mentality. The game can be as bigoted as it could be and people still wouldn't give a shit if it's pretty and doesn't play like trash. It should be really clear at this point that CDPR really doesn't care too much.

Why would anyone want to play in cyberpunk world built by a company with this ideology? This is going to be the most watered-down version of punk you can imagine, a cyberpunk game only in aesthetic, played for popularity and coolness.

Most people couldn't give a rat's ass about what cyberpunk actually means and are going to buy it because they either like how the cyberpunk aesthetic looks, they go "oh this is the game from that witcher studio" or word of mouth because a ton of people are going to play it because of the huge marketing and the fact it's CDPR. They never even had to do anything punk to get people in. Just the cyber and the marketing. I'm almost sure that the people buying this more for the punk than the cyber are going to leave very disappointed.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
How does that saying goes? When they show you who they are, believe them?

This is CDPR showing who they are, any hype I had for Cyberpunk is gone now.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
This is a friendly reminder that Cyberpunk is originally a tabletop RPG and that there are numerous ways to enjoy a Cyberpunk setting without giving money to these transphobic assholes who at this point I'm starting to get the feeling don't understand what Cyberpunk actually is.
I was kind of interested for the story and setting despite the gameplay videos turning me off a little. This statement and the recent voiceover controversy however gives me no faith that CDPR has the capability of tackling cyberpunk themes beyond the "oh shit I got robot testicles" aspect , and I'll be damned if I'm sitting through 80+ hours of jank ass gameplay for that.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CDPR: Talks about mutal respect and tolerence
Era: Zero respect or tolerence

Bigotry does not deserve respect or tolerance. This isn't a two sided issue where people need to make concessions on each side, but a group of people who are being discriminated against and attacked by people that hate them for simply existing.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
I want to believe they can make something Witcher 3-calibre again but it's hard to think they have anything interesting to say with the universe itself when they make statements like this.

Cyberpunk

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why are y'all wasting time replaying to an obvious troll account? Just ignore it and move on.

Yes I know I did the same earlier in the thread, but my reply was more for potential lurkers than the person I was replying to.

OSPC

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
Bigotry does not deserve respect or tolerance.

That's literally the point he's making in the full interview, which nobody apparently read

We are proud of our diversity, but we realize that for the organization to function well, it is necessary to actively care for mutual respect and tolerance.

California is a great example of how openness, respect and tolerance have a positive impact on innovative businesses and, consequently, on the economy.

In my opinion, this is mainly due to an increased sense of security. In an environment where you can be yourself, it's easier to talk honestly, share your ideas, express opinions, and it's a leaven of masses of interesting things.

When we make a revolution in role-playing games, it is because a group of brave women and men are not afraid to talk about their ideas. Our role as boss is to manage this process boldly and sensibly.

www.rp.pl

Szacunek i tolerancja wpływają pozytywnie na innowacyjność

W środowisku, w którym możesz być sobą, łatwiej jest szczerze rozmawiać, dzielić się swoimi ideami, wyrażać opinie i to jest zaczyn masy ciekawych rzeczy – podk

Last edited:

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.webp

Bigotry signaling
That's kinda how I read it too.

They've failed the PR test over and over with this game

Deleted member 2620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's literally the point he's making in the full interview

www.rp.pl

W środowisku, w którym możesz być sobą, łatwiej jest szczerze rozmawiać, dzielić się swoimi ideami, wyrażać opinie i to jest zaczyn masy ciekawych rzeczy – podk

would you say that the translation posted by CDPR is bad and doesn't represent what he said? finding that harder to believe than the opposite.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
''It's just their marketing''
Welp, maybe this vision will not be carried into the game(I don't count on that tho), but it is something that is established within the company, unfortunately people will defend it anyway.

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
What I don't understand is - if your take on "diversity" is this bad, why don't you just keep your fucking mouth shut? Why post interviews about it on your goddamn website?
It's as if they're proud of this backwards position.
The way the interviewer start off makes me think they are proud of it. If Poland is so conservative as they say they're likely seeing it as a good thing that they aren't literally just closing the door unless you're likeminded like the rest. But they aren't welcoming if it affects the work, they try to be tolerant to all sides but if it ends with people having heated discussions instead of working they're putting a stop to it.

FullNelson

Jan 28, 2019
The way the interviewer start off makes me think they are proud of it. If Poland is so conservative as they say they're likely seeing it as a good thing that they aren't literally just closing the door unless you're likeminded like the rest. But they aren't welcoming if it affects the work, they try to be tolerant to all sides but if it ends with people having heated discussions instead of working they're putting a stop to it.
I spent a couple days in a small city of Poland (Wroclaw), and I witnessed a small concentration of people literally protesting against LGBTQI+ rights using pedophilia as their main argument. Like, HOW.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I mean... They are based in eastern europe. Considering how people tend to be over there regarding those subjects, it's not "too bad". At least they seem to be "trying" (and failing at, but still, trying).

They talk about it at least, it's more than most would do.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
That's literally the point he's making in the full interview, which nobody apparently read

www.rp.pl

"Talking about the importance of tolerance in the creative process, Badowski discusses how some at the studio believe in a definition of tolerance as "the capacity to respect other people's needs and opinions which we ourselves do not espouse, and to refrain from combating phenomena which we regard as evil. Others are more in line with Popper's proposition that a tolerant society, if it is to remain tolerant, must not tolerate intolerance. There are also people at our studio who disagree with both views."

He states that there are people in the studio who think that intolerance should not be tolerated, some who do, and a third group that (somehow) disagrees with both positions. It's not clear that his point about the ability to "talk honestly, share your ideas, express opinions" does not include intolerant ideas and opinions.

JCLShay

Apr 4, 2020
Goddamnit... I'm boycotting companies marred in this bullshit... Cyberpunk is gonna be a tough one.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I mean... They are based in eastern europe. Considering how people tend to be over there regarding those subjects, it's not "too bad". At least they seem to be "trying" (and failing at, but still, trying).

They talk about it at least, it's more than most would do.
Actions are louder than words and their actions so far are shit