• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I saw that Tidus's BT might not be featured on Setzer's banner : https://redd.it/p3w5bn
Some even think that due to it, we might get a completely different banner.
So if you planned to pity it on that one, you might have to change your plans.
This banner will be here in 3 days.

Edit : and despite my previous statement I pulled Rosa LD… Thankfully I got it easily.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Boys Club Rhetoric; Long History Misogynistic and Sexist Posting
I saw that Tidus's BT might not be featured on Setzer's banner : https://redd.it/p3w5bn
Some even think that due to it, we might get a completely different banner.
So if you planned to pity it on that one, you might have to change your plans.
This banner will be here in 3 days.

Edit : and despite my previous statement I pulled Rosa LD… Thankfully I got it easily.

At least she "looks" better than Porom lol

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
What if he was talking about after years Porom tho

At least she's 22. Rosa still the best though... got her LD in 100 tickets so not kicking myself :P

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
It is done.......After like 2+ years, I now have every character line from dissidia shop X.x

Now I can focus on the extra contract each week for extra tokens

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
It is done.......After like 2+ years, I now have every character line from dissidia shop X.x

Now I can focus on the extra contract each week for extra tokens

Congrats! And also, you did not do the elite hunts until now?
I'm actually working towards getting all the lines as well (up to FFVI only...) but I still spare the 900 tokens a weak for the contract.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Congrats! And also, you did not do the elite hunts until now?
I'm actually working towards getting all the lines as well (up to FFVI only...) but I still spare the 900 tokens a weak for the contract.

I did hunts for about 2 months when they first came out and then stopped to focus on character lines. If I kept doing the hunts I would never have finished by now.

I already have a ton of tickets, ingots, ex tokens so it made sense to focus on character lines first for me

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I hope they do put setzer out since he'll lose some steam if he's put off till later.

I also just want him real bad.

BUT, I also have less resources then I will later, that is also a factor.

Clearly the only way this can be resolved is if they let you redeem his LD and EX through a special event exclusive to global where you have to bet tokens that you can beat three random bosses out of several different powerful bosses, and make it a new Global Permenant event called WoI Fortuna : V

Or, he will come out and they'll make something up for it, like how it will technically be happening on... Gold Cup Parade Day? Shoutout to all DFFOO players on Prince Edward Island : V

Regardless, it's not a dealbreaker to me if he's late, a guy like him benefits from a diverse comp with too many hits, and there are plenty fitting the bill coming up later for him to benefit.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Only way I'm pulling Shantotto is if I luck her BT, otherwise I'm avoiding her as much as I can.

RIP Setzer and I have Terra/Noctis already so skiiiip.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
So I was a bit disappointed as those fights were just rehashes of old fights with some tinkering.

The last 2 are super easy, but the first one is annoying as hell. It constantly cleanses the debuffs you put on while debuffing you and dispelling you. It made the fight really really slow, as there were points I was hitting for 1 dmg until I could get my buffs/debuffs back up.

I misunderstood the orb condition at first and thought I had to inflict 4 debuffs at once....you just need to have 4 debuffs on the boss and the orb will go up each turn. But be careful as almost every 10% he will cleanse himself and dispel you

Also calls are really important. I just used as many calls that had as many debuffs as possible.

I did not use sephiroth call, but a small tip anyways. Since he is gold frames, his debuff won't be cleansed and that way you only have to worry about applying 3 debuffs instead of 4.

Did it with CoD, Ashe, Rosa.

I tried to use penelo, but she is outdated for this fight (which is the one her LD debut on lol ironically)

Your esuna options are Mog (shit) Yuna (shit) Penelo (kinda ok) Baltheir (ranged resist) and I don't remember who else can cleanse debuffs

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Holy Crapoli! Alisaie's lvl 90 came through and she is a BEAST, I'm so excited to max her stuff out eventually, look at this!

Plus we got a lovely new version of her rotation guide for her JP debut, too : D

6tosaqp59gi71.png

all in all, she seems pretty rockin' and I'm definitely happy to eventually use her again, she was loads of fun! Honestly, I'd be down to use her now if I had any good buff extenders, haha.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Cheesed the first Lufenia with Yang / Terra / Cecil, I found the last one annoying because the fight was pretty long.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Uh oh, that last boss rush wave is going to cause a lot of trouble without Setzer, I hope you guys got Porom.
Weirdly Rosa isn't synergy like she did on JP, but Ami is instead.

Oct 25, 2017
This is why you always wait to use those burst tokens. Managed to get Tidus burst on my 100 Leon tickets.

I decided to spend my tokens on Y'shtola since so many people said she's so powerful in bt+. Hope I don't regret that.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This was my clear teams

9ead6f68-570a-4030-ab84j8b.png

That was really close, even with tons of debuff you stop doing max damage around 70% on that last wave.
I'm curious to see clears on youtube tomorrow.

This is why you always wait to use those burst tokens. Managed to get Tidus burst on my 100 Leon tickets.

I decided to spend my tokens on Y'shtola since so many people said she's so powerful in bt+. Hope I don't regret that.
Congrats! Yeah Y'shtola is going to be super good, even more if you 3/3 BT+

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Lufenia was piss easy of the raid and the co op ridiculously fast. Wish the game could have these kind of co op all the time. I hate long co op with people stalling turns and such which is why I dont co op much anymore.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I found out today that my recording software is back working again :D I haven't done videos in 4 months due to a stupid bug. It's still not working 100%, but maybe I'll try to make a video of the next event.

Anyways by far the hardest part of this event was wave 2. Wave 4 is pretty easy once you find the right units to bring (gravity works amazingly)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I found out today that my recording software is back working again :D I haven't done videos in 4 months due to a stupid bug. It's still not working 100%, but maybe I'll try to make a video of the next event.

Anyways by far the hardest part of this event was wave 2. Wave 4 is pretty easy once you find the right units to bring (gravity works amazingly)
And we're all looking forward to it! Take your time, but have fun and I hope the recordings turn out great!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Vaan finally gets his buff tonight, I've been waiting really long for this ! The only "bad" news is that his EX is completely useless now, haha.
And apparently there'll be multiple banners and one will have Setzer, so good luck anyone pulling.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Yeah, I was just gonna say, haha, Everyone have a good time with it.

I honestly don't care if Ardyn is outdated and Kefka's damage sucks, I'm gonna roll with them more often because they're fun! And now that LD I got from a Vaan banner way before is gonna come in handy, I'm excited to give him a shot.

I used him a looong time ago when he was one of the only ones with an Hp Dump on his attacks, and he was really something! Now, he has four, and tons of free uses : D

Setzer is definitely getting the ticket-ticket treatment, I need his LD and wanna use him, another really good character for the early times, all the times. His Red Card will especially be useful with the kind of support options we have to take advantage of it's triple dump, he and Iroha would be best buddies!

Best of luck to you all! I should throw more conversation in here, we get dead a little too easily for my tastes : P

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh and Vaan with his multiple BRV and HP attack goes surprisingly well with Setzer, but Setzer's strenght will show up on Lufenia+ when doing cap damage naturally will be really hard.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I hate myself but I decided I will blue both setzer and vaan.

Vaan without blue is useless i feel

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, so Yuna should be coming this Thursday, we'll know for sure at tomorrow's livestream.
I don't have Trey so no chances my dupe LD curse strike again, haha.

I hate myself but I decided I will blue both setzer and vaan.

Vaan without blue is useless i feel
You remind me that I didn't realize anyone's armor since Golbez, so I'll have to start on that.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I think it's important to note two things about Vaan;

He automatically alwaus attacks like he's hitting enemies with one resist stage weaker of his attack's element. If he's hitting neutral, he'll hit weakness, so that's nice, built in imperil.

Second, depending on the freqency of enemy element resist (specifically Blizzard, Wind and Holy, Fire's not much of a concern, haha), he could be locked out, so just watch out for that.

HOWEVER, Blizzard is on one, and Wind/Holy is on the other, and since he can extend the amount of times he can use moves by a whole lot, he can get away with using the only move that works at full power, and if it ends up an issue, he can get friended' and they'll hit the finish line : P

So Vaan's weaknesses have been worked with pretty interestingly, so feel free to enjoy his equipment if he's in your roster, or go for him if you feel you need 'em, good luck!

Vaan's BT is NOT NEEDED, DON'T PULL FOR IT UNLESS YOU REALLY REALLY LOVE VAAN, There are much more useful BT's to pity for in the next few months, so stay tuned.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So uh you know how I hate double LD banners because those bring in the dupes, oh my god triple LD are even worse.
510 tickets before Setzer LD, I was swimming in Ami dupes T-T
Hopefully your luck is better than mine.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Vaan is a monster, mine is only 0/3 armor and he can reach 700k damage.
All those BRV hits and HP dumps, so good.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
So uh you know how I hate double LD banners because those bring in the dupes, oh my god triple LD are even worse.
510 tickets before Setzer LD, I was swimming in Ami dupes T-T
Hopefully your luck is better than mine.
Damn, I was running into 160ish tickets, dupes are crazy on these but I was under the impression they technically raised the rates on everything to make it more fair, but then I remembered that's just on the triple BT banners, haha.

Glad you got Setzer, and BOY, I was not expecting Vaan to straight up do 600,000 damage so easily, without any HG, he's a monster. And Setzer does great damage too if he has good Brave before Red Card, so pairing him up with some battery helps a ton.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't understand the 3rd orb at first but then i figured out that you had to keep their BRV below 5000 after YOUR turn. I thought it was after their turn lol.

Once I figured that out it was easy and beat them all. Just use Arci call and delay them

Now to go test setzer :D

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Got pretty lucky:
- Dupe Vaan LD on first banner's free pull
- Wakka LD on other banner free pull (wasn't particularly looking for this one but I'll take it)
- 20 tickets for Setzer LD (the real prize!)
I have everything but Vaan's BT on the BT banner so I'm not gonna chase it. Just used BT tokens for Tidus so I'm probably going to skip Vaan's BT for now.

Now to do the new Lufenias! I'll probably try to fit Ardyn somewhere since I really liked him at the time :)

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got Setzer's LD in about 40 tickets but had to pity Tidus on the leon/jack banner

Still need Vaan's BT but I'm not going to pull for it

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Yunie stickers are so cute :3

and yeah what a way to end the stream. I got all the feels now.... can't tell you how many times I played FFX hehe.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Short stream but they ended it with Yuna's theme and the chat cried lol
I need to replay FF X, for the 6th time.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Yuna hype, let's go! Looking like a front loaded month for me pull wise. QOL is interesting, text on those ability boxes was getting pretty small.