• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Once again, 1/11 on the free draw, and a 15CP powerstone.
That banner is not very good so my only option left are Agrias or Beatrix.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Also Hikari you might wanna check out Rikku mode on the DB. Lots of interesting info got released regarding Rikku in Opera Omnia

Dissidia Database

Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia Database: Check out accurate information about all missions, characters, summons, abilities and items.

Hah, what a cruel joke! I hope SE sees how popular Rikku is with memes in the OO community and adds her haha. You nearly got me with this, rofl.

and of course the free pull was garbage haha.. happy april fools of course!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Here's the Infographics for Vayne and Cecil!

z7d5k3sul2q41.png

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to spend my overcap tickets on Layle and mission complete!

05ed9c9c-ccae-4f9e-81x7k3o.png

I know it's kinda a waste since he'll be back with Amidatelion and I'll be pulling but maybe I'll be lucky there too.
Now I can relax and wait Leo/Galuf without any ticket expiring.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got two Vincent EX's on the free pull. The only EX I didn't have on the banner.

my luck is slowly returning

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
How we feeling about Cecil?
He's a solid third-wheel support character with aura-based buffs, a solid Hp+ and Brv+, and a quickly charging EX+ with splash damage.

He's a great pick, similarly to Onion Knight, if you need to cover multiple roles in combat. Onion does this with attacking single or multi-target attacks, so Cecil provides this with healing and battery, and both have that support focus with Aura's and being able to Inflict weakness to an element they can enchant the whole party with.

I'd say he's solid, but I think I heard about a couple of Chaos fights may have strength against Light, so you wanna be careful if you invest in him too quickly if you get him, he may blossom a month later or something. Don't listen to this advice if you are set on him, just know that Vayne is the true MVP, and Cecil is just pretty good!

Extra note- AA's with that kind of effect are great with Vayne since he gets so many more free turns over the other characters, so that's a consideration!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Remember everyone, The April Fools Chocoboard may be small and cute, but it also only goes on for four more days, so clear it soon and quick for those extra resources!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, here's the EXs I'm missing from the shop :

- Firion
- Onion Knight
- Dark Cecil
- Bartz
- Terra
- Vincent
- Squall
- Zidane
- Tidus
- Yuna
- Shantotto
- Lightning

My plan was to keep the Dimensions' End tokens for Lightning if I get Shadow / Hope and not hers, all other a average at best and bad/never got rework/time to shine again on JP that is 9 months ahead so I really don't know.
I don't have a favorite left either, I might just pick one at random and pray they get good LD/BT

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Ok, here's the EXs I'm missing from the shop :

- Firion
- Onion Knight
- Dark Cecil
- Bartz
- Terra
- Vincent
- Squall
- Zidane
- Tidus
- Yuna
- Shantotto
- Lightning

My plan was to keep the Dimensions' End tokens for Lightning if I get Shadow / Hope and not hers, all other a average at best and bad/never got rework/time to shine again on JP that is 9 months ahead so I really don't know.
I don't have a favorite left either, I might just pick one at random and pray they get good LD/BT
I don't know who to get 😕

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just Cecil's 35cp on the free pull.

Ugh, always sucks when the only gold orb you get on a pull is the guaranteed one.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vayne EX after 4 pulls.

Woot.

Cecil EX, too.

I don't have any weapon stones to level shit up. :(

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I got Paladin Cecil's EX on the free pull and 4 powerstones. Happy with that. Should I invest in him?

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
13 pulls to get Vayne. It's not worth pulling two more times to get a 2nd EX to limit break, is it?

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me...accidentally wasted Vayne's EX leveling another weapon because I was going too fast and not paying attention. Took me a bunch more pulls to get it again. :(

Oh well, I have a ton of content to burn through, and now I have lots of power stones. I just need weapon and armor stones to level shit with.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Fuck me...accidentally wasted Vayne's EX leveling another weapon because I was going too fast and not paying attention. Took me a bunch more pulls to get it again. :(

Oh well, I have a ton of content to burn through, and now I have lots of power stones. I just need weapon and armor stones to level shit with.

Ouch :( The best way to avoid this situation is as soon as you get an EX, before you do any enhancing of the gear you just got, equip it on the character. This'll lock it and prevent you from accidentally selling or enhancing.

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ouch :( The best way to avoid this situation is as soon as you get an EX, before you do any enhancing of the gear you just got, equip it on the character. This'll lock it and prevent you from accidentally selling or enhancing.

Yeah, that's what I normally do, but I went and tried to evovle it immediately instead this time. Never again. :(

Got it again, but wasted way more gems getting it a second time than I wanted to. Now I'm going to have to plan out the rest of the characters this month a lot more carefully.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I got pretty much nothing from the free pull, but I did score Vayne's EX after another 15 or so tickets. This makes my (short) list of EX characters this:

Cloud (EX+ 3/3)
Penelo (EX+ 3/3)
Squall (EX+ 1/3)
Lightning (EX 3/3)
Edge (EX 0/3)
Aeris (EX 2/3)
Tifa (EX 0/3)
Cid (EX 0/3)
Edgar (EX 0/3)
Cait Sith (EX 0/3)
Vayne (EX 0/3)

Armor and skill-wise, that's roughly the order I have from being closest to max, as well. Any thoughts for who I should be building next?

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Got Vayne from the free pull. Did 4 more to try for Pecil + some 15/35 CP weapons and get 100 token.
Ended up with only a few of Pecil's weapons so figured I'd do some ticket pulls to get more weapons and save Power Stones... rougly 100 tickets later (got a bit carried away :p) got Pecil EX 5 times (!!! hopefully I haven't used all my luck there!) and got many more weapons so overall that's a pretty good banner for me!

Now to farm SB for both those new characters!

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
I got pretty much nothing from the free pull, but I did score Vayne's EX after another 15 or so tickets. This makes my (short) list of EX characters this:

Cloud (EX+ 3/3)
Penelo (EX+ 3/3)
Squall (EX+ 1/3)
Lightning (EX 3/3)
Edge (EX 0/3)
Aeris (EX 2/3)
Tifa (EX 0/3)
Cid (EX 0/3)
Edgar (EX 0/3)
Cait Sith (EX 0/3)
Vayne (EX 0/3)

Armor and skill-wise, that's roughly the order I have from being closest to max, as well. Any thoughts for who I should be building next?

Of those, the best are Edge and Vayne. Vayne will probably carry you more since you need a stronger DPT than Cloud at this point, and Vayne also provides party auras and delay utility.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Of those, the best are Edge and Vayne. Vayne will probably carry you more since you need a stronger DPT than Cloud at this point, and Vayne also provides party auras and delay utility.
Thanks! I'm pulling for Cecil, as well, since I need to recruit him to do his panel mission. Should I get his EX, is he worth it compared to the rest of my peeps? I know Vayne is the bigger get.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Cecil's kit seems really good. He reminds me of Agrias (without the Paralyze utility) in that he covers so many roles and can slot into any team. However, I'm going for Beatrix, and their kits seem similar, so I'm holding off from using ingots on Cecil.

Don't forget that Cecil is also a protagonist and you can get his EX from either the Dimension End's tokens or this new Spring Festival token.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Thanks! I'm pulling for Cecil, as well, since I need to recruit him to do his panel mission. Should I get his EX, is he worth it compared to the rest of my peeps? I know Vayne is the bigger get.
It's one of those "might as well" situations, considering that Cecil covers many support roles simultaneously AND provides defensive survivablity support, so with a character like Zack in the team, or another tank, he can boost the team's ability to take hits considerably!

Keep an eye on the Infographics I posted to see how they work, I can give a runsdown on Vayne once you got him!

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget that Cecil is also a protagonist and you can get his EX from either the Dimension End's tokens or this new Spring Festival token.
Oh yeah. I totally forgot to ask where I should spend the EX tokens from the event. I'm leaning towards Zack or Layle (or Noct, if he's any good. I just like him as a character).

Razorrin Thanks as well! I've been reading the infographics, and I'm kind of surprised Cecil isn't a tank, seeing how dude originated the Cover mechanic. I also tried out some friend Vaynes, and he seems good, but I need more than 3 turns with him to learn how he works optimally.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
I don't normally post my pulls, but 6 golds on the Vayne banner free pull. Figures that I'd get lucky on a banner where I have everyone MLB'ed, but I'm glad for the powerstones!

Happy for Vayne to get brought up to date, since I still used him here and there at the beginning of the Chaos era. Such a fun character.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
How has everyone been doing now that Vayne's out? I had a major power outage last night so I was having difficulty making any conversation!

His Crit damage increase is a godsend, especially with Aranea, they seem like two peas in a pod! One does devastating damage all at once, and the other builds up to massive damage over a few free turns! It's crazy, and I'm glad I got both to kick butt with!