• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is Quistis? What role does she fill in a party?

Threw about 80 tickets at Quistis. Got her 15 and 35cp, but no EX. Did get Cid's EX.

My streak of FF7 fanboyness being rewarded continues.

Last edited:

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Aranea is straight up busted so that's normal. At 3/3 purple her highwind or dragoon dive will give her a free turn every time she breaks with her ex buff up and she will start with it at 3/3. It's pretty boring when Aranea is used in co op lol. Noctis can get lots of turns as well and Tidus. But yeah if you see Aranea in co op get ready for her to steal all the damage.
My Rank 71 ass is perfectly happy to just hang out while they score me some gems.

I don't see a Lost Chapter for her, though. I assume she came in some event that happened before I started.

Also, one note about WoL: I used friend's unit in a Cosmos fight, and his shield blocked jack shit. I feel like Edge is a better tank than him.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
How is Quistis? What role does she fill in a party?

Threw about 80 tickets at Quistis. Got her 15 and 35cp, but no EX. Did get Cid's EX.

My streak of FF7 fanboyness being rewarded continues.

Well, she's the best FF VIII Party member, but like HALF the playable cast is the best, so that's not special.

However, she DOES do consistent damage with an EX that recharges in one ability use, and an ability two that delays enemies by three turns. She's not as useful now as she was back then, but if you wanna have her EX for when she gets her Rework down the line, go for it.

Papalymo is the real star of this banner, even though I love Seymour and think he got robbed useablity wise. Here are some Infographics for more info!

dlq4s6yvg1p41.png

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Threw some tickets at the Seymore banner and got his EX.

I feel like I have enough magic users now. I need some supports.

I almost feel like I need little dude just because I play BLM in FF14. Astral chains make me happy.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Threw some tickets at the Seymore banner and got his EX.

I feel like I have enough magic users now. I need some supports.

I almost feel like I need little dude just because I play BLM in FF14. Astral chains make me happy.
I just got lucky and got his EX on free draw. If he's a radical as people suggest, I might give him a full shot down the line. He seems to be a consistently powerful damage dealer, as long as nobody resists both his elements.

Seymour is awesome and I love him and his English voice acting, but he's not kicking in until the boss is at less then 80% Hp. He might be a great candidate for an early friend-unit summoning so he can save ability uses until he gets back into the fray.

He also regularly applies four different debuffs, but they are all very good, so if you lan ahead for that and not use his AA inappropriately, you will really weaken the boss!

I love his Kit, but just be careful about his weaknesses, and he'll kick a ton of butt for you!

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spent like 150 tickets to get Papalymo's kit, now I just need to save power stones and ingots to use him

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Free pulls were bad but I have a bunch of tickets so tossed some at Papa's banner and got both EXs in less than 60 tickets (actually got two of Seymour's in that streak).

I honestly feel like I get EXs easier than 35cps these days (already had both Papa's and Seymour's but didn't get any dupes of theirs in the batch)

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I could not believe how easy this fight went. Just kill Penelo ASAP and focus on boss and repeat every time he summons her again.

I did it with Zack, Faris, Penelo

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
first free pull gave me powerstones.... 2nd free pull Quistis ex dupe lol. Meh, gonna be skipping these two banners, personally.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I could not believe how easy this fight went. Just kill Penelo ASAP and focus on boss and repeat every time he summons her again.

It was indeed pretty easy, with Aranea it could only act twice.
If Penelo had more HP so she could have time to buff, I admit it would have been trickier.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut

Hey Naar, I'm having a little trouble on the FFVII Chaos. Using your same team (didn't watch the video trying my best to figure it out) and I keep getting wiped in either the second phase on tail up or third phase because I spent too much resources on second phase. Is there some minor advice you could give to help me figure it out?
I noticed that your cloud has like 395cp worth of stuff I'm wondering if I'm missing something with him is that just artifacts?

Haaalp

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Hey Naar, I'm having a little trouble on the FFVII Chaos. Using your same team (didn't watch the video trying my best to figure it out) and I keep getting wiped in either the second phase on tail up or third phase because I spent too much resources on second phase. Is there some minor advice you could give to help me figure it out?
I noticed that your cloud has like 395cp worth of stuff I'm wondering if I'm missing something with him is that just artifacts?

Haaalp

Yea I said in the video that with my set up it is best to summon in wave 2 once they raise their tail :) This way they cannot do their hp attack and finish wave 2 without any hp damage taken. Wave 3 is kinda easy in relation to 2

And cloud is the unit with most weapons in the game. I think he has 1 or 2 more weapons than others. That's why

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Yea I said in the video that with my set up it is best to summon in wave 2 once they raise their tail :) This way they cannot do their hp attack and finish wave 2 without any hp damage taken. Wave 3 is kinda easy in relation to 2

And cloud is the unit with most weapons in the game. I think he has 1 or 2 more weapons than others. That's why
That summon on phase two was the MONEY!!
I went ahead and got Clouds crimson from the shop and that dispel was super clutch too. Totally worth.
Thank you so much!! Night and day.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Welcome, glad to have you!

If you wanna check my post history in this thread, I've posted a lot of helpful info about the game, but more specifically, since you provided EX info, to help with team building I'll go through every EX you have and describe how the character operates so you know how they work with each other!

I hope this all helps you choose who to build for now and later! Play at your own pace and have a great time, we are here for you if you need assistance!

Also, Summon Boards are needed to make sure your characters get the stats to make more difficult content easier, but as long as they are in a banner, or paired with a "special boosted" character during a new Summon board event, they will get double Summon Board Xp.

They aren't that tricky, so here are a few tips to make it much easier!

Wow, thanks for this huge writeup, that is a giant help! I'm going through everyone's advice and have my path forward somewhat mapped out now, which is what I needed!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Finally got another Book of Ruin! Do y'all think it's not worth it to get EX+ for Penelo or Squall?
Simpsons6x13.jpg

Penelo is a fun and powerful support, I gotta say you go with the desert jewel!

Squall is a great AoE attacker, but you'll get your chance on him later, and supports are big and useful investments. Penelo can possibly outdamage most attackers with proper usage anyway!

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Simpsons6x13.jpg

Penelo is a fun and powerful support, I gotta say you go with the desert jewel!

Squall is a great AoE attacker, but you'll get your chance on him later, and supports are big and useful investments. Penelo can possibly outdamage most attackers with proper usage anyway!
Thanks! Yeah, I played a co-op with some weaker guys, and my Penelo ended up carrying on damage.

Other options are Edge and Cid, but I have a ways to go before their weapons even get there, and I'm hoping I'll have more books by then.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Man, the Cosmos co-op is rough in boosted rooms when the only decent synergy character I have to use is Quistis. I'm glad that armor tokens are not included in the individual rewards. I'll probably stop at 2M HP damage for once, then just go to Just for Fun rooms for Eidojas.

Speaking of Quistis, I was missing her EX from her kit, and decided to spend tickets to try to luck into one. She doesn't get her EX+ for awhile, but I don't care for her bannermates on her re-release, and I already had her boards and artifacts ready to go from back when she was the meta friend support. 380 tickets later...lol. I don't know why I didn't have the willpower to just stop. It doesn't seem she's even that great when her EX+ rolls around.

Has anyone built out Papalymo? He seems really fun to play from the co-op, and I wish I had just spent my resources on his banner.

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm able to do the 180 lvl quests in the lost chapters now. I'm building a collection of books and ingots.

Tifa is such a beast, lol. I'll probably work my way through all of these and look at which characters I can purple to carry me through some stuff.

I need some dispellers, support, and magic users, I think. I just got Shantotto, those little twins, and Papalymo's EX, along with Lulu from the last banner.

I have HELLLA armor tokens from doing so many summon boards and a really good stock of tickets. I feel really good about going into the next few months and being able to build my teams up.

The more I dig into this game, the more I love it. Almost feel like I should be buying outfits to spend...ANY money on the game since I haven't had to at all yet.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Are there different rewards between Just for Fun and the other one? I've never changed that setting before.
Basically, everyone gets a little more tokens for every Boosted character brought into a co-op, and Just For Fun is mean't to let anyone bring a character in without worrying about tripping up on people who just wanna bring Boosted characters.

Boosted Rooms are supposed to only have characters boosted for the event.

So, if you have a useful, build character for Boosted, or at least one that can hold their own in fights with others, drop into the Boosted Rooms with them for extra rewards!

Otherwise, bring whoever and have fun in Just For Fun!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh, gotcha! I guess I can do that for the machine one if anyone is still playing it.
I gotta do my dailies, so if you have already added me as a pal (944398297) then we can get crazy! Remember to bring your books!

Also, for newer players, you can go into options and set a character as a friend support, you can put a message as well, I reccomend putting ERA in there as a little code to make sure we know that you are on here, so we can find you in our followers and co-follow each other!

Last edited:

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta do my dailies, so if you have already added me as a pal (944398297) then we can get crazy! Remember to bring your books!

Also, for newer players, you can go into options and set a character as a friend support, you can put a message as well, I reccomend putting ERA in there as a little code to make sure we know that you are on here, so we can find you in our followers and co-follow each other!

Just sent you a request.

If anybody wants to add me, I switch between purpled out Zack/Yshtolla/Aranea, my code is 507159465.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to start adding everyone from the doc today. If JohnnyDeath follows you, that's me!

Other than that, it's just a boring-ass grind for summon mats until I can get to the ultimate trials. I find in missing the low level adamantite balls most, and it sucks that the on springs levels only sometimes drop those.

Oh yeah, I have some questions about spheres. I got one for purpling Force Stealer a while back but haven't equipped it. Is it generally advisable to equip characters with their own spheres? And can I unequip later them without losing them?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
That google spreadsheet is super old, like 2 years old, but there's stil peeps in there active like me :p

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I'm going to start adding everyone from the doc today. If JohnnyDeath follows you, that's me!

Other than that, it's just a boring-ass grind for summon mats until I can get to the ultimate trials. I find in missing the low level adamantite balls most, and it sucks that the on springs levels only sometimes drop those.

Oh yeah, I have some questions about spheres. I got one for purpling Force Stealer a while back but haven't equipped it. Is it generally advisable to equip characters with their own spheres? And can I unequip later them without losing them?
I reccomend saving those Orbs, as you cannot take them off (missed opportunity honestly) after putting them on, so you might wanna wait until they can better benefit a different character.

If you wanna make grinding faster, remember to use your books! Support items can reduce the length of time you have to grind a huge amount!

However, if you want weapon/Armor upgrade materials, find a Co-op that lets you trade tokens for them, and just use a book or two and do some co-ops, then trade for them. It is surprisingly much faster then you might expect, to the point where people have grounded Gil by doing it and selling the materials after!

Also, buying triple books using gems during sales is a very, Verry good investment! Exp triple books alone pay for themselves when you start using them to get Summon Board treasures for characters in Boosted status, two runs to get to 1800 and there you go!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
What's a good way to get power stones? I'm all out.
It basically all down to making sure you get the 15 and 35 CP weapons needed to limit break weapons while you can, and making sure not to sell those weapons to refund power stones until AFTER they have been fully limit broken and leveled up, so you get their passive.

You can get a powerstone every week using Dissidia Points for 900.

You can use Weapon Tokens to get 15, 35 and WoI weapons for characters, but be warned, that you only really want to do so if you Don't have them, or you are just Super in need of powerstones to get your 15 cps maxed out. It's much better to hold onto them until emergencies, as you are likely to get a ton of weapons to fuse together (or sell if they are copies of fully completed weapons, ie they have red check marks).

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It basically all down to making sure you get the 15 and 35 CP weapons needed to limit break weapons while you can, and making sure not to sell those weapons to refund power stones until AFTER they have been fully limit broken and leveled up, so you get their passive.

You can get a powerstone every week using Dissidia Points for 900.

You can use Weapon Tokens to get 15, 35 and WoI weapons for characters, but be warned, that you only really want to do so if you Don't have them, or you are just Super in need of powerstones to get your 15 cps maxed out. It's much better to hold onto them until emergencies, as you are likely to get a ton of weapons to fuse together (or sell if they are copies of fully completed weapons, ie they have red check marks).

Oops, I meant the armor/weapon stones to level them up. :)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oops, I meant the armor/weapon stones to level them up. :)
No problem! Like I said before, the most efficient way to obtain them En Mass, is to find a Co-op event with them as one of the token rewards, and just run the Co-op as a guest with your most powerful character, either generally in the Just for Fun, or your best Boosted in the Boosted Room so you can make a few extra tokens, and just run it with a triple item book or two and use the tokens to get the weapon and Armor materials you need!

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That google spreadsheet is super old, like 2 years old, but there's stil peeps in there active like me :p
Counting you and me, there are still 11 active players. Everyone else either booked it way early (like 700+ days ago) or are hella strong now and probably running Aranea.

I think there were maybe two or three people who stopped playing 100-some days ago.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Counting you and me, there are still 11 active players. Everyone else either booked it way early (like 700+ days ago) or are hella strong now and probably running Aranea.

I think there were maybe two or three people who stopped playing 100-some days ago.
Hey, if you want any other friend units to help you through some content, I can change to different peeps!

The big reason Aranea is being ran is, due to her massive overflow, rediculously damaging AoE splash second skill, rediculous Delay on her single target skill, as well as technically on her second due to it's renewal mechanic, and the special debuff that raises critical damage done by allies by 50%, She is nearly perfect to take on any content as a friend and deal massive burst damage.

Setzer is also popular, since he also does amazing damage and can delay enemies, but can also pull out a special debuff that completely prevents enemies from gaining Brave, keeping them from damaging the party with their worst attacks!

It's unfortunate how many sorta ran out the clock on this early on, I don't even know if the Thread Maker even plays anymore! But at least the community is bustling, and we are all having a good time and helping newer players!

I wonder if we can get some updated tutorial stuff on the front page someday soon, and maybe revamp the text file and replace it with more relevant info. I don't mind having a bio attached to my friend code that says I'm the tutorial guy!

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, man! If you want to revamp the Google Doc, I noted all the active players as I went along, so it'd be really easy to update if others don't mind.

As for the friend units, I'm currently at that awkward point where content up through level 100 is too easy, but Cosmos is still too hard. I've compared my guys to friend units who are stronger, and it's really seemingly the summon boards that I need to do to get off this plateau, so at the moment it doesn't really matter which friends I bring right now. I just have to grind out summon mats and armor tokens before I can move forward.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Thanks, man! If you want to revamp the Google Doc, I noted all the active players as I went along, so it'd be really easy to update if others don't mind.

As for the friend units, I'm currently at that awkward point where content up through level 100 is too easy, but Cosmos is still too hard. I've compared my guys to friend units who are stronger, and it's really seemingly the summon boards that I need to do to get off this plateau, so at the moment it doesn't really matter which friends I bring right now. I just have to grind out summon mats and armor tokens before I can move forward.

I think, at the stage you are at right now, you should do all the Lost Chapters until you can see or get to the Cosmos's, and look at the bosses abilities and resistances, and try to see if you have any members you can put together to clear them with.

Also, try to clear the Chocoboards so you can start using books on your EX's for different characters, getting Ingots you can use to max out characters like Penelo and Ultimecia and stuff, and hopefully you will kick a ton of ass soon enough!

After getting a group of characters maxed out properly, like Y'shtola since she rocks super hard, you will hopefully be able to totally destroy any Cosmos you come across!

Even though Supports are more important to work on overall, I still think Tifa is gonna really put a shit ton of work for you, especially considering how absolutely devestating her EX+ attack can be even at it's base level of usefulness!

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I need help with team composition for chaos:

My purple units, all summon boards completed:

Cloud
Zack
Sephiroth
Y'shtolla
Tifa
Golbez
Lulu
Y'shtolla

My EX/EX+ units, all summon boards completed

Aerith
Lightning
Ramza
Ace
Yuna
Barret
Serah
Terra
Lann & Reynn
Eiko
Noctis
Squall
Shantotto
Penelo
Celes
Ignis
Edge
Jecht
Papalymo

People with EX's I haven't worked on yet:

Yuri
Edgar
Cid
Layle
Gau
Vivi
Seymore

What are some potential team compositions I have, or could easily create, with the peeps I have?

Who should I look at purpling out? Looking toward consistently completing Chaos content and working up to finishing Pathos and Entropy.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Alright, I need help with team composition for chaos:

My purple units, all summon boards completed:

Cloud
Zack
Sephiroth
Y'shtolla
Tifa
Golbez
Lulu
Y'shtolla

My EX/EX+ units, all summon boards completed

Aerith
Lightning
Ramza
Ace
Yuna
Barret
Serah
Terra
Lann & Reynn
Eiko
Noctis
Squall
Shantotto
Penelo
Celes
Ignis
Edge
Jecht
Papalymo

People with EX's I haven't worked on yet:

Yuri
Edgar
Cid
Layle
Gau
Vivi
Seymore

What are some potential team compositions I have, or could easily create, with the peeps I have?

Who should I look at purpling out? Looking toward consistently completing Chaos content and working up to finishing Pathos and Entropy.

I told you earlier that there is no 1 strategy for chaos. Each fight is different and requires a different team.

With that said you seem to have good mix of melee and magic units, but severely lacking in supports and tanks

I have no idea how many ingots you have, but if I had to choose 7 to focus on it would be

1. Penelo
2. Edge
3. Celes
4. Eiko
5. Yuri
6. Jecht
7. Papalymo

That's not counting the meta busting units coming out next week and the week after

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't really farm Quistis arts but since I needed to get rid of all those arts in my inventory I started fusing for her, and got 3x 108/330 in one session.
When I farmed Tifa/Aerith last week I couldn't even get one good roll...

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Nope, power and guard Orbs can be gained indefinitely, along with crystals tiers 1-3, and silver character artifacts.

Go nuts and grab a whole bunch! Just make sure the co-op a has them, I think the Machines one doesn't for some reason.
Sorry I meant the quest rewards that keep popping up past 3million damage to Cerberus. Do those ever stop?