• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Easiest from token exchange from doing co-ops. After, there's lots of them from doing summon boards (5 per character)...but speed/ease heavily depends on your roster/friends.
Thanks. Sounds like a lot of content is locked behind those summon boards.

Follow up: any quick way to get summon mats? I'm hitting a wall at summon level 11.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Thanks. Sounds like a lot of content is locked behind those summon boards.

Follow up: any quick way to get summon mats? I'm hitting a wall at summon level 11.

Do each summon's respective trial on the world of illusions tab. This can go by really quickly farming stage 6 with a 3x or 2x book. It should only take a few runs. You can buy 3x book right now with gems in the item shop if needed. Once you get the summon to 20 then you move on to the world of illusions ultimate. These are a real easy way to get gems and tickets if you have a good roster.

Edit: HOLY SHITE TIFA AND AERITH COSTUMES. Sadly Aerith did not get her EX plus early though.... :(

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I probably wont tackle the Abyss until tomorrow as I want to finish grinding Pande but this new layout is pretty awesome I have to admit especially since it looks like they are hyping the FFVII remake. Reactor, banner, and costumes etc :P

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, I only had Cloud EX and got 2 dupes EX in 40 tickets.
So I used all my tickets I could to cap again at 999 after claiming the timed ones and no luck.
Then I saw I didn't get Ciaran tickets because I was maxed and I'm glad I did!

b6992033-4d58-4a04-acafjcc.png
d014d35d-20a6-48db-9f20jjh.png

Yep, I capped again after that lmao.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want this Mithril rod.

Woot: Mithril rod get after 50 tickets.

And then I turn around and get Layle's EX after 4 more. I think I got every EX these past few weeks through tickets alone, and still going to cap out at 999 after I finish grinding tihs last summon board.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Oof, I only had Cloud EX and got 2 dupes EX in 40 tickets.
So I used all my tickets I could to cap again at 999 after claiming the timed ones and no luck.
Then I saw I didn't get Ciaran tickets because I was maxed and I'm glad I did!

b6992033-4d58-4a04-acafjcc.png
d014d35d-20a6-48db-9f20jjh.png

Yep, I capped again after that lmao.

That's some amazing luck you have there! You should purple Tifa! My Tifa is purple, Cloud purple weapon, Aerith maxed with purple armour... really wish her EX+ released lol oh well.

For players that dont have her though though or anyone wanting a great damage dealer you should 100% pull for Tifa and purple her, imo. She's just super beast at damage.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
That's some amazing luck you have there! You should purple Tifa! My Tifa is purple, Cloud purple weapon, Aerith maxed with purple armour... really wish her EX+ released lol oh well.

For players that dont have her though though or anyone wanting a great damage dealer you should 100% pull for Tifa and purple her, imo. She's just super beast at damage.
Yeah too bad we didn't early EX+ but it's coming on next summon board anyway.
Tomorrow I'll have a lot of work to do to build Tifa/Aerith + cursed arts.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut

Ok

8-F647468-60-F4-4930-A358-0-EF9-A4814-A60.png

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Whiffed on the free pull. Tempting banner and costumes....but gotta save for next month(s). Grats everyone on your pulls so far.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
It is complete bullshit that they are locking the chaos fight behind FF VII units only. I am ok with this restriction in the trash nodes BUT not the chaos fight.

Some series are gonna have more units than others, and let's say in the future they wanna do a FF1 theme, we are gonna be screwed as there are only 2 units from that series. This is the first time I feel the game has gone the path of P2W, but the developers have shown they know what they are doing and I have confidence in them that they planned this properly and we won't get screwed over in future fights.

Chaos fights should have crystal, weapon type, attack type, etc restrictions. But I will say this...

If the units required is from a series with a lot of representation in the game (7, 8, type 0, etc) then I can be ok with that.

With that out of the way this chaos fight is easy, because the difficulty comes from using only FF7 units, and almost all of them are now EX+ and some of the best units in the game anyway.

I used Zack, Tifa, Cloud and there is no turn or HP requirement and as you can see at the end of the video the HP requirement is VERY VERY VERY lenient.

I recommend summoning in wave 2 to pass all the nasty HP attacks they do half way through the fight since the final wave is pretty easy

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Got Tifa EX on the free pull. Tempted to go for Cloud one. He had another banner not much ago but I didn't get the weapon.

EDIT: Wasted some crystals but goddamnit, Cloud EX just won't pop, I guess it's time to stop. Atleast I got Aerith EX, but she doesn't have EX+... Also got Tifa EX dupes (and regular weps too) so I can Realize her easily and also get her lesser weps skills, so atleast it wasn't totally wasted.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Wow how many pulls did that take and what were you going for? haha at least you can purple her though!

Finally finished all the treasures in Pandemonium ultimate and cleared the chaos which is an absolute joke of a fight. I got 999999 score... I really REALLY felt bad for the boss. Aranea, Tifa, Y'shtola absolutely decimated this and boss never got a turn. Anyway, I built those units so boss deserves it I suppose hahaa

Wow, I have 310k gems now and over 500 tickets. This is my first summon board treasures I fully complete so yay!

Edit: got Penelo's EX within about 150 tickets! Yay!

It is complete bullshit that they are locking the chaos fight behind FF VII units only. I am ok with this restriction in the trash nodes BUT not the chaos fight.

Some series are gonna have more units than others, and let's say in the future they wanna do a FF1 theme, we are gonna be screwed as there are only 2 units from that series. This is the first time I feel the game has gone the path of P2W, but the developers have shown they know what they are doing and I have confidence in them that they planned this properly and we won't get screwed over in future fights.

Chaos fights should have crystal, weapon type, attack type, etc restrictions. But I will say this...

If the units required is from a series with a lot of representation in the game (7, 8, type 0, etc) then I can be ok with that.

With that out of the way this chaos fight is easy, because the difficulty comes from using only FF7 units, and almost all of them are now EX+ and some of the best units in the game anyway.

I used Zack, Tifa, Cloud and there is no turn or HP requirement and as you can see at the end of the video the HP requirement is VERY VERY VERY lenient.

I recommend summoning in wave 2 to pass all the nasty HP attacks they do half way through the fight since the final wave is pretty easy

I kind of like this idea of restricting FF characters if it means we get more colourful backgrounds and cool fights. The only thing they missed with this abyss is they have no FFVII OST.... which is a major letdown considering they really are hyping the remake with the costumes, banner, and abyss. But I do 100% agree with you that it's pretty BS because imagine if someone doesn't have the units built. And I certainly dont pull on everything so I hope going forward they can fix this. Do you think Aerith is viable here with only ex? lol the only FF VII built units I have are Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith. I didn't build Zack/Sephiroth mostly cause I feel I didn't need them since Aranea was fulfilling the damage requirements. I could use a book or 3/3 one of those though if I really wanted. The one i'm not sure of is Yuffie though.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Wow how many pulls did that take and what were you going for? haha at least you can purple her though!

Finally finished all the treasures in Pandemonium ultimate and cleared the chaos which is an absolute joke of a fight. I got 999999 score... I really REALLY felt bad for the boss. Aranea, Tifa, Y'shtola absolutely decimated this and boss never got a turn. Anyway, I built those units so boss deserves it I suppose hahaa

Wow, I have 310k gems now and over 500 tickets. This is my first summon board treasures I fully complete so yay!

Edit: got Penelo's EX within about 150 tickets! Yay!

I kind of like this idea of restricting FF characters if it means we get more colourful backgrounds and cool fights. The only thing they missed with this abyss is they have no FFVII OST.... which is a major letdown considering they really are hyping the remake with the costumes, banner, and abyss. But I do 100% agree with you that it's pretty BS because imagine if someone doesn't have the units built. And I certainly dont pull on everything so I hope going forward they can fix this. Do you think Aerith is viable here with only ex? lol the only FF VII built units I have are Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith. I didn't build Zack/Sephiroth mostly cause I feel I didn't need them since Aranea was fulfilling the damage requirements. I could use a book or 3/3 one of those though if I really wanted. The one i'm not sure of is Yuffie though.

Don't get me wrong. I like the idea. My issue is >>IF<< they do this for series with a very low number of representation like FF1, FF2, FF3, FF11, FF XIV, etc then we are fucked as it means we HAVE to pull all units in that series to even do the fight (let alone finish it)

Series that can get away with this in OO would be 7,8, 12, and type 0 as examples. Since they have a large and more importantly DIVERSE roster.

But saying all that my issue is not with the ruleset, it's that this restriction was done in a chaos fight, effectively locking some people out of a fight (7 being one of the most popular games of all time means that this is pretty much a non issue as most have 7 units anyways but my point wasn't about 7 but the concept as a whole) Doing the "7 only restriction" in trash nodes is 100% fine by me, just don't lock a chaos fight behind it......unless.....

If they keep reducing the difficulty but still put this restrictions of using X units from X series, then I think we won't have anything to worry about

To answer your question, the fight is dead easy as long as you have 2 built units. The difficulty is in the restriction of using only 7 characters. The fight felt more like a cosmos fight than a chaos fight.

And congrats on your Penelo EX! I thought you already had her though. Either way she is a beast :D

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
I didn't really like the FF7 limitation, but I did like the idea of "Codes." There's a lot they could do there down the road, such as adding randomization. For example, each strata/floor could randomize a set of codes for each quest, and if you don't like the roll or find it too difficult, you can reroll the codes but it'd apply to the entire strata/floor.

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm not playing the game right. I can't do chaos content at all without it taking forever or wiping and needing to continue.

Halp? Lol

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't really like the FF7 limitation, but I did like the idea of "Codes." There's a lot they could do there down the road, such as adding randomization. For example, each strata/floor could randomize a set of codes for each quest, and if you don't like the roll or find it too difficult, you can reroll the codes but it'd apply to the entire strata/floor.

Yea the idea is great. Just don't restrict a chaos fight behind using a specific series (unless they tone down the difficulty like they did in this one)

I feel like I'm not playing the game right. I can't do chaos content at all without it taking forever or wiping and needing to continue.

Halp? Lol
Help with what? There is no information you provided to go on

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea the idea is great. Just don't restrict a chaos fight behind using a specific series (unless they tone down the difficulty like they did in this one)

Help with what? There is no information you provided to go on

A general approach to chaos stuff. Is it normal to take 20-30 minutes to complete?

I feel like I'm just chipping away endlessly lol.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Halp? Lol

Chaos has huge dps requirements. If you wiped it's possible your dps is very low. Just remember that it is a very demanding difficulty and for long time players. However, it would be useful if you told us what fight you are struggling with and what your roster is etc! Dont be afraid to gem revive though. Those ingots are ALWAYS worth it. Make sure you are only using ex+ characters in chaos as well or you will not succeed. Enemies have super high stats in chaos and hit like a truck. You want to make sure you are patient and play it right. You want to be smart with skill uses, etc. Take advantage of extremely powerful party auras, etc. It is ESSENTIAL to have maxed board characters for chaos. Some can cheese it with synergy and no boards though.

That's the general thing about chaos and I hope I helped you.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I have, yet again, failed to do ANY grinding this Summon cycle. However, at the very least, I will only need to spend less then double time to get these done with more broken characters anyway, so whatever! Don't worry, I'm okay, these current times are hitting all of us a bit!

Here's a four-feature here! I forgot to do this earlier, but here are all the infographics for our FFVII triple-threat, ready to bust into a Don's mansion!

"We didn't get an EX Realization for Aerith, so here is a classic-style Infographic for her!"

fz4pkvmbflr31.png

And here's a sneak-preview of Rude's Moveset, from the Reddit! Thanks a bunch, Phantasmage and Orion!

Last edited:

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut

Edit: got Penelo's EX within about 150 tickets
That was 55k gems and I wanted Cloud badly I was NOT missing him this time. I still have time before Vayne to get enough stuff to pull him!
Oh yeah she be purple now 😉

Grats on Penelo!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
I finished clearing Dimension's End: Entropy! Lotsa downtime, so finally got around to doing it. Puts me at a great place ingot wise next month! Also, for the first time in a long time, have nothing left to clear in game. Won't last, but feels good in the meantime.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Got Edge's EX! All it took was 15 gem pulls and then buying it with G Tokens.

I can now pretty safely handle level 100 fights, though, so progress!

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
I finished clearing Dimension's End: Entropy! Lotsa downtime, so finally got around to doing it. Puts me at a great place ingot wise next month! Also, for the first time in a long time, have nothing left to clear in game. Won't last, but feels good in the meantime.

Nice! Grats. Yeah, all of Entropy must easily be like 16 ingots or so, no?

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
After trying out War of the Visions I wanna say how lucky I am to have Dissidia as my first real gacha game.

Made me appreciate OO even more. I was trying to explain to a friend how OO is truly different and generous and his reply was "you don't play other gacha to make that statement"

-.-

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
WotV is Alim/Gumi (=testing the players limit with scummy practice then « apologize ») and I saw that early they got cash only banners to get Thancred for example.
I didn't follow how it went after that so maybe they changed that approach.

I have to admit that lately, FFBE is doing pretty fine (I'm a soft launch player, almost 4 years ago) no f*ck up in several months so maybe Gumi did change for the better.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
I'm still in reroll hell with WotV, but I'm a bit stunned by how blatant Gumi is with taking swipes at our wallets. Shame that a game with such beautiful art direction is marred by tacky SPEND $ HERE bubbles, in-game ads, etc.

I get it, it's a f2p game and they have to make their money somehow, but after spending the last 2 years with DFFOO, I'm now remembering just how good we have it here. I can't even spend money in DFFOO without going 2-3 menu layers deep.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I just started war of the visions only cause i'm an FFBE player and like the lore and stuff. All I have to say is rerolling is incredibly awful. It took me like 10 tries to get my unit I wanted. Other than that I do like FFT so I'll see if I stick with this. It has nice graphics imo and the English voice acting is a huge plus for me. Like I wish OO had English dub but I understand that's not possible with all the characters xD.

After trying out War of the Visions I wanna say how lucky I am to have Dissidia as my first real gacha game.

Made me appreciate OO even more. I was trying to explain to a friend how OO is truly different and generous and his reply was "you don't play other gacha to make that statement"

-.-

OO also doesn't suffer from menu bloat which is a HUGE PLUS. Also, I really appreciate that it doesn't have much loading screens or they are fast.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The livestream has been cancelled because of COVID-19, we'll get all the news the following day in-game instead.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
It would have been nice to do a "at home edition" stream, but probably would be a bad look for them.

One thing I am liking now from all the streams and shows airing is the "at home edition" versions xD

Very casual and likeable I feel. I'm doing it myself and having fun with it

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Hey there, just wanted to drop by and say hi.

Started (well, restarted from scratch) the game in december and I figured I could say hi as I will probably post here from time to time :)

Before that I played FFRK but after reaching end game (well almost, was stuck at Odin) and going through a very long stretch of bad pulls and getting nothing that could help me for end game I decided to call it quit. So here I am :)

Currently progressing nicely. Haven't touched Dimension's End yet but doing most event's Chaos fights (well kinda, sometime I do need to gem revive to get the precious ingots :p ). Still trying to build a decent roster and maxing summon boards before I tackle Dimension's End (god, the requirement in term of built character is really intimidating to me!)

Anyway, hi everyone!

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Need some guidance - I've been playing this casually since it started but I'm getting more interested in properly setting up at least one good team.

Currently my team is:
oClvBej_d.jpg

VnoXQgb_d.jpg

And a damage dealer, except the characters I've invested the most into so far are Cloud and Squall, and I have Cloud's promo NT weapon. I don't have EX weapons for either yet, though, although I could spend a while draining all my tickets on the current banner. I think my team is too melee-heavy.

I do have EX weapons of other characters:
King, Y'shtola, Ultimecia, Irvine, Sephiroth, Aerith, and Tifa.

Should I invest in one of the above to round out my party better? I basically can't do any level 100 quests even though WOL is a great tank and Agrias is a good AOE DPS/bravery battery.

Also I think I lack healing outside of WOL's EX move.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Hey there, just wanted to drop by and say hi.

Started (well, restarted from scratch) the game in december and I figured I could say hi as I will probably post here from time to time :)

Before that I played FFRK but after reaching end game (well almost, was stuck at Odin) and going through a very long stretch of bad pulls and getting nothing that could help me for end game I decided to call it quit. So here I am :)

Currently progressing nicely. Haven't touched Dimension's End yet but doing most event's Chaos fights (well kinda, sometime I do need to gem revive to get the precious ingots :p ). Still trying to build a decent roster and maxing summon boards before I tackle Dimension's End (god, the requirement in term of built character is really intimidating to me!)

Anyway, hi everyone!

Hello and welcome to the community! This is one of the best gacha games period and you will enjoy your time with it. If you have been playing since December, you are more than ready to do Dimensions End
Need some guidance - I've been playing this casually since it started but I'm getting more interested in properly setting up at least one good team.

Currently my team is:
oClvBej_d.jpg

VnoXQgb_d.jpg

And a damage dealer, except the characters I've invested the most into so far are Cloud and Squall, and I have Cloud's promo NT weapon. I don't have EX weapons for either yet, though, although I could spend a while draining all my tickets on the current banner. I think my team is too melee-heavy.

Should I invest in one of the above to round out my party better? I basically can't do any level 100 quests even though WOL is a great tank and Agrias is a good AOE DPS/bravery battery.

How are you not able to do lvl 100 quests with those units? Unless you don't have them purpled? Even then, you still should be able to do lvl 100 quests.

Also I have to ask, but did you do summon boards? That's the key to doing chaos.

Also 1 good team will not cut it at all in chaos. But based on what you have, Yshtola, Tifa, Ultimecia is a decent team that should help you get by at least almost all the Lost Chapters since we have powercrept majority of the LCs right now

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Hello and welcome to the community! This is one of the best gacha games period and you will enjoy your time with it. If you have been playing since December, you are more than ready to do Dimensions End

How are you not able to do lvl 100 quests with those units? Unless you don't have them purpled? Even then, you still should be able to do lvl 100 quests.

Also I have to ask, but did you do summon boards? That's the key to doing chaos.

Also 1 good team will not cut it at all in chaos. But based on what you have, Yshtola, Tifa, Ultimecia is a decent team that should help you get by at least almost all the Lost Chapters since we have powercrept majority of the LCs right now

I've been able to do a few, but for example "Caravan of Hope EX" the bosses just wreck my shit with their high HP and high HP damage.

So in your opinion Agrias and WOL wouldn't necessarily be as good as any of the other ones I listed that I could start building out?

I also only barely started one summon board, it seemed like an absolutely insane grind considering it's per character.

So I should start completing lost chapters (I see there's a tutorial mission to complete 10... I avoided these because I always did the quests as they came out), get EX weapon limit break materials, and do summon boards with characters with EX weapons I've obtained?

Last edited:

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So, I've been free recruiting some random 800+ players for co-op, and they seem to be getting like a million turns in a row. Like, that's cool that I get to just chill while they win the match, but what are they doing that enables this? Aranea and Noctis, in particular, seem to be able to just go and go and go. What are they doing?

Also, I've noticed that some players have different-colored frames for their ranks, but these don't appear to correlate with their actual numerical ranks. What's going on here?

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
So, I've been free recruiting some random 800+ players for co-op, and they seem to be getting like a million turns in a row. Like, that's cool that I get to just chill while they win the match, but what are they doing that enables this? Aranea and Noctis, in particular, seem to be able to just go and go and go. What are they doing?

It's cause of their kit. Aranea, for example, gets a free instant turn when she breaks and enemy. Noctis's + skills let him jump infront turn wise of the enemy he's targeting...though a bit more complicated to get there compared to Aranea.

Also, I've noticed that some players have different-colored frames for their ranks, but these don't appear to correlate with their actual numerical ranks. What's going on here?

Based on how far they progressed in Dimension's End: Entropy.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I've been able to do a few, but for example "Caravan of Hope EX" the bosses just wreck my shit with their high HP and high HP damage.

So in your opinion Agrias and WOL wouldn't necessarily be as good as any of the other ones I listed that I could start building out?

I also only barely started one summon board, it seemed like an absolutely insane grind considering it's per character.

So I should start completing lost chapters (I see there's a tutorial mission to complete 10... I avoided these because I always did the quests as they came out), get EX weapon limit break materials, and do summon boards with characters with EX weapons I've obtained?

1. Doesn't matter if you did their event when it came out. Lost Chapters are a different event with own rewards etc

2. Agrias and WoL are still good, I was just suggesting a good team that can help you finish a few chaos fights from the earlier LCs (assuming they are maxed)

3.. YOU MUST ABSOLUTELY DO SUMMON BOARDS BEFORE WE EVEN TALK ABOUT HOW TO BUILD A TEAM

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Aranea is straight up busted so that's normal. At 3/3 purple her highwind or dragoon dive will give her a free turn every time she breaks with her ex buff up and she will start with it at 3/3. It's pretty boring when Aranea is used in co op lol. Noctis can get lots of turns as well and Tidus. But yeah if you see Aranea in co op get ready for her to steal all the damage.

Summon board is a easy grind if you use a 3X exp book. Every 15 mins if you have a friend support like Aranea she can just carry your characters. If you invest in Y'shtola and get her to max 3/3 purple she can just delay the boss and make you go to town with your friend units. Keep in mind that you should only be maxing your boards of characters you use and have an ex or ex+ for. The rest just carry them for the 3 treasures. I takes 3-4 runs of the level 100 summon boss with a 3x book which is not long at all. Super synergy just recently ended though however and that made it go extremely fast.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
My heart wants to max Seymour (already got his ex from like a year ago or something) but my brain is saying no :( :( :(

God damn ingots :(

I know I won't be able to hold back and will end up maxing him >< his kit looks like a lot of fun

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

Currently my team is:
oClvBej_d.jpg

VnoXQgb_d.jpg

Welcome, glad to have you!

If you wanna check my post history in this thread, I've posted a lot of helpful info about the game, but more specifically, since you provided EX info, to help with team building I'll go through every EX you have and describe how the character operates so you know how they work with each other!

Warrior of Light

He's a tank with Brave battery and some healing. He excels at keeping the party safe from Brave attacks though his party shield, giving them a temporary shield made of fake Brave that the enemy damages before being able to burn your allies' Brave. They don't gain Brave from attacking it too, meaning they keep your enemies from building Brave with their attacks!

His multi-hit attack attracts direct attention and reduces the rate that he suffers status ailments, while re-applying his shield, so he'll keep the party safe from single target attacks as well!

His EX hits a little, but raises his speed and acts as a heal, 20% of max Hp to all allies. More of a emergency button then a serviceable attack, but useful in a pinch.

Overall, very solid, budget tank. No need to upgrade his EX+ further then 1/3, and his other weapons aren't neccessary to improve his abilities too much, since he was an early character.

Agrias

She's a Support DPS, relying on a mix of Brave battery and multi hit attacks to damage enemies, while capable of raising her allies stats and guarrenteeing both two Paralysis' to all enemies, and guarrenteeing Silence, making magic attack using enemies skip their next turn, on all enemies as well!

She is less a main support or attacker, and more a great third wheel! She can protect the party from massively bad attacks especially often, mostly in fights with enemies frequently using magic attacks.

Ultimecia

Now here's a sorceress who knows what she wants! To reduce enemy defense, launch powerful Hp+ attacks, and get a ton of turns in a row with her EX! She is an AoE Damage dealer, through and through, but really needs her Boards to keep a competitively high Damage and Brave count.

But when she does, she can consistently inflict massive damage to single targets while hitting all enemies with Brave hits, and then do massive AoE damage through her limited use Skill 2, mainly by taking advantage of the free ability use from using her EX!

You shouldn't spam her abilities unless you are in a tough situation, but if you do, you'll find that her EX can charge right back up by the time it's done! Using Ultimecia is all about understanding the flow of her ability uses and taking advantage of her Strong Hp plus. To little use runs her stacks out and reverts her abilities back to being useless, and too much burns her out.

Very powerful and worth maxing out, especially when paired with characters who can raise her Overflow limit.

Y'shtola

Max out her EX, and don't worry about her other weapons. That's it. That's the only thing you need to do, weapon resource wise.

After that, and maxing her crystals and boards, you will have the most immortal healer and consistently powerful Brave battery in the ENTIRE GAME. Her EX+ is LOADED, and does so much stuff that it's hard to even talk about. Her main niche is delaying enemies with her Stone, and raising everyone's Brv based on how high hers currently is, plus a big bonus, with Medica II.

But she even has a very powerful Hp+, that raises her Brv, and refunds half the Hp Damage it does to both of her allies. Add in a very high Brv Regen, and an EX that both fully charges everyone's Brv, fully heals everyone, EVEN FROM THE DEAD, is a free turn and this doesn't move the turn counter and lets you act immediately afterwards, restores an ability use to both abilities afterwards, raises everyone's max Brave with a very high generic Max Brv buff, passively makes her unable to be killed when above 50% Hp, and to top it all off, charges relatively quickly, letting her literally act FOREVER if used just enough...

She's a perfect support for nearly any party. You will find all content much, Much easier using her. Again, just max her EX+ to full, and get all her Crystal passives and you will see IMMEDIATE results. Boards keep her competitive in Chaos content.

King

He is literally the King of constant, CONSTANT attacking. When maxed out to a certain point, with the careful use of Reload and the starting buff afforded by his EX+, he can use his attacking ability no less then 40 times in a fight. And that's not counting the free turns he gets if you play careful and leave unbroken enemies for him to attack, or all the uses of his powerful EX+ he'll have along the way.

A straight attacker is usually a difficult sell since they can be easily replaced if they fall off in use, but King fortunately brings a ton of longevity to the table, and can be much more efficient then others if his Free turn mechanic is properly used, like with a support who doesn't need to deal Brv hits all the time like Penelo or Y'shtola.

He's a character to hold onto until you need a consistent Damage dealer, but once you put the work into his stuff, he'll pay off in spades!

Irvine

Irvine is a big support attacker, dealing alright damage, but mainly being capable of healing his allies consistently with his abilities, and providing an "In" with fellow Ranged damage specialists.

See, he is capable of not only applying a debuff on enemies called "Ranged Resist Down," which empowers his abilities to do consistent damage and helps his allies do the same, but his EX gives him a special buff that makes any Ranged attack done by the party immediately have 20% more overflow attached to it, making them capable of reaching higher damage totals!

He's not essential, but when paired with Ranged focused characters like King or Noctis (he throws his sword, so most of his attacks are Ranged! Funny huh?), he can be an incredibly solid support that keeps their attacks dangerous!

Try to boost him up once you have a good Ranged team set up in your head, you got King so one more should do it!

Sephiroth

Oh man, this guy. While it's fair to say his damage output hasn't always been consistently keeping up with all the newer mostly focused attackers, he still brings a ton of tricks and powerful attacks to the table.

Big thing is, you need to start with using his first ability, and then his second. The stacks are wierd, so you need to do this to make sure he's getting the full power from his stacking buff.

He starts off doing okay in the fight, but once he get's to cast his EX and rain stat-agnostic Hp and Brv Damage on his enemies (Meteor basically reduces all enemies Brave to zero without breaking them, and gives him a massive Brv boost based on his attack, as well as do 100% AoE damage to all enemies. it's great when you are fighting bosses with two Adds, or are splitting attention between two bosses.), he really pops off!

His Brv Regen skyrockets, his Damage soars, and he passively reduces enemy speed by 20% with an Aura, a very unique effect that stacks with other speed reducing effects. His ability to max out damage on his abilities becomes great, and he can either get great damage out of his Hp+ or shave all of an Enemies Brave with his Octaslash, or of maxing out on Brv, and deal immense Hp damage with his twice Hp attack hitting Ability 1.

He is a powerful single target Damage dealer, with a useful multitarget EX+, and is best paired with a support that can raise his iBrv or Regen, so as to become very efficient and deadly!

Aerith

Big thing to get out of the way first, Aerith doesn't have her EX+ yet. Since she's mainly an Aura Support with an emergency healing focus and a solid Hp+ after her EX, she might not need much to still be effective, but just be careful with her.

Her main focus as a support is to blow everyone else's Atk and overflow out the window, with an EX that buffs everyone's Overflow by 30%, and an Aura that increases damage done a huge amount. Since her EX buff doesn't last forever, it's reccomended that you be effiecnt with it and pair her with characters that take free turns consistently, like King or Ultimecia, as they can make more out of it as it lasts then others.

She can also heal allies directly with a powerful heal, that can also be used to recover anyone from death in the middle of battle, perfect for situations where enemies can strike with little warning, although you'd want to avoid that if possible.

She's a super solid support, and budgeted too since she doesn't have an EX+, just be careful that she's not gonna deal a ton of damage herself, and her EX buff runs out quickly.

Tifa

Zangen's ultimate pupil is a freaking powerhouse, who can buff herself to great heights and deal tons of damage over her limit with her Beat Rush. Big thing to note is that Beat Rush only hits three times, but since it has massive overflow, can be consistently powerful if paired with a battery raising her Brave relatively high beforehand.

Her EX+ is the real kicker, as not only does it do Beat Rush, then a Dolphin Kick, but restores a huge amount of Brave between them, and Launches the enemy right afterwards, allowing your allies to deal tons of damage to enemies if they are in front of her in the turn queue, which will probably happen as it also Delays the enemy's turn as well!

Tifa Rocks, she's straightforward and Massively powerful. I highly reccomend her get maxed out, especially for this current round of content, you won't be disappointed!

I hope this all helps you choose who to build for now and later! Play at your own pace and have a great time, we are here for you if you need assistance!

Also, Summon Boards are needed to make sure your characters get the stats to make more difficult content easier, but as long as they are in a banner, or paired with a "special boosted" character during a new Summon board event, they will get double Summon Board Xp.

They aren't that tricky, so here are a few tips to make it much easier!
You need 1800 to get all the treasures in a character's Summon board, which is 3 tickets, 300 Gems, and 5 Armor Tokens, and 6500 to fully max their Summon board. If you purchase some Triple Exp Books from the shop using gems, and use them while grinding two characters with a powerful character for the Summon fight, you will get 450 if they aren't boosted, and 900 if they are.

Honestly, for stuff like Cosmos, I would suggest just maxing Ifrit since his Summon passives can increase your Damage by like 22%, which is very high, and try to get a few points in the rest for stats if possible. It goes a lot faster then you might think if you are prepared for it, so watch out for any powerful characters coming up or here that you can use to make it faster.

Most Summon Fights are single-target affairs, so bringing a powerful Damage dealer for that like Cloud or Tifa, and making sure to use a friend like Aranea or Setzer and replacing your weaker character with them will go a long way to making it faster.

With Setzer, just keep using Red Card, it does massive damage and delays the Summon, making it more likely you will defeat it before it does any attacks on your party.

Aranea is a little more complicated. She has a mechanic where her EX buff (that she starts with) gives her a free turn if she breaks an enemy, and her second ability, Highwind, unbreaks a broken enemy so she can hit it and break it. It also leaves the enemy with a massively powerful debuff that makes your allies do way more damage to it, so take advantage of that.

Once you use Highwimd, keep using Dragoon Drop, since it Delays Enemies by a ton when used.

They may start with a full EX when summoned but Don't Use it. it is less effective then using their abilities for the purpose of beating summons since they don' t delay.

If you keep this in mind, Summon Boards will be easy buisness! It only takes roughly half an hour to max character Summon Boards if you play your cards right outside of Synergy or Special Boosted, and only like 15 minutes for characters who are Synergy, so take your time to get used to how it works, and then pop a book and take those suckers out!

Remember, you have to first get a Summon to Lvl 20 before you can do it's Trials, and you wanna do the fight right in front of the summon, as that gives you the 150 points on it's own. You also gain Wild Points during this, so you can use those to fill in the gap for characters who haven't gotten all the way if you are tired of grinding!

Last edited: