• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
FFBE is fun, but my god gearing up for an hard fight is a huge chore nowadays, when you got 500+ equipement pieces.
On the good side, it's translated in multiple languages, and you don't need the latest units to do well. I'd say powercreeping is my only complaint about DFFOO but that's because they keep releasing new and harder difficulty and your old characters take a while to catch up.
Otherwise I'm playing both and get my share of enjoyment, now if only Rikku was in DFFOO as well :P

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
I know many of you play it so that's why I am asking here because the new Brave Exvius tactics game is coming next week and it's inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics, which is my favorite FF.

But I heard so many horror stories about BE and how bad the gacha system is.

I am asking my question here because I want to relate it to OO since I don't play gacha games and OO is really my only point of reference.

I know it will be impossible for a gacha game to be as generous and not full of bullshit as OO, but how bad is BE really? Is it too much P2W?

For reference the only time I paid money in OO was to support the devs, not because I needed the gems.

Not really a P2W game (FFBE). Just the way Gumi handled the gacha and other parts of the game that were pretty scummy. I'm avoiding WOTV 'cause of my experience in FFBE.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Gamefaqs is hearing about early Aerith EX+ (it's in the game files already) so it might be our Spring Event banner (Selphie/Aerith).
Wait and see but I'll make pull decision when it starts anyway.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Gamefaqs is hearing about early Aerith EX+ (it's in the game files already) so it might be our Spring Event banner (Selphie/Aerith).
Wait and see but I'll make pull decision when it starts anyway.
That would be fun for me since I've been waiting to get Selphie for a while, and I tried to get Aerith a bit and couldn't nail it with tickets, here's hoping we all get lucky!

I have plenty of good supports though, so I'll try to be careful!

Edit: sorry if I was late on this, here are Cieran and Layle's infographics!

7wdwa3n29in41.png

I may have been hasty in dismissing Cieran, but you must understand, information about him has been dreadfully light, and as such he is difficult to reccomend with a lack of understanding.

Now that I see how the Tonberry Troupe had read into him, I agree with the assessment. He is the inbetween for Damage dealing and Support, and should only be considered in a party if he can fit with those two roles. However, he can excel in bringing those two into proper form if he does so, since with careful management of his stacks, he can keep an actually VERY large aura on his allies, and put out consistent and long lasting damage!

Please read his Infographic carefully if you wish to pull or use him, and make the most of his skill set!

Layle is just awesome, though. He's a freaking beast, through and through, and a launching nightmare for his enemies, allowing very frequent launches for the party.

What this means in context to his increased abilities, is that if your allies can benefit from dealing a ton of Brave damage to raise their totals to overflow better (Cough, Aranea,) or effectively battery to bring out high damage in a chase HP attack (Cough, Y'shtola, cough cough, Penelo) then you are going to ruin your enemies' day!

He will also work well with Delay characters due to his own delay and ability to debuff enemy speed, so make the most of that if you can!

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Not really a P2W game (FFBE). Just the way Gumi handled the gacha and other parts of the game that were pretty scummy. I'm avoiding WOTV 'cause of my experience in FFBE.
IMO, FFBE is a very competent game in and of itself; the development behind it is solid for a gacha offering. The flak against it is largely directed towards Gumi's management of the game, and their penchant for questionable/scummy practices that rub the community the wrong way. Relating it back to DFFOO, I'd say the difference is night and day. FFBE isn't exactly a p2w experience, since the game does give out a fair share of premium currency. But the generosity is on a much lower scale, and Gumi's involvement with the community is comparatively sparse.

If I can sum up my feelings on the two, I'd say this- with FFBE, I'd buy packs begrudgingly, knowing where my money was going. With DFFOO, I find myself wanting to spend to thank the developers for an enjoyable experience. I'm a huge FFT fan, so I plan on checking out WotV. But as someone who spent regularly in FFBE, I'm resolved to stay strictly f2p with it, and I'd advise anyone asking to do the same.

Yea that's what I keep hearing. Not that the game is bad, but how Gumi is involved and the gouging is what makes it bad.

Thanks! I guess I'll give it a shot next week and see what happens. At least square enix is a co developer in this, so maybe some things will change

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Ticket luck is back?! 7 tickets and got Layle EX! Wish I could purple him..but too much good stuff dropping next month.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Edge was clutch this CHAOS and no speed passives made him never steal a turn.

I'm a believer. He's a niche pick, but it's a good niche.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Edge was clutch this CHAOS and no speed passives made him never steal a turn.

I'm a believer. He's a niche pick, but it's a good niche.
I just love that he's freaking immortal. When he has no spee passives, his 100% Evasion from smoke screen just stays practically the whole fight.

Even though he can't naturally evoke lock status for longer then a turn, whenever he's targeted he just opens the whole party to doing huge damage without recompense, it's awesome.

Let's get some Ciaran impressions if anyone wasn't scared out of trying him out!

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So, I've been reading the infographics, and I don't seem to understand the meta--mostly due to the heavy jargon. What are batteries, and how are they used? What makes certain units better than others, etc.?

WoL is easy to understand, since his shield's utility is self-explanatory, but the rest is hard to parse. I'll starting to hit the point where my all hitting, no healing team can easily beat level 90 content but has tons of trouble with 100 and up.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
So, I've been reading the infographics, and I don't seem to understand the meta--mostly due to the heavy jargon. What are batteries, and how are they used? What makes certain units better than others, etc.?

WoL is easy to understand, since his shield's utility is self-explanatory, but the rest is hard to parse. I'll starting to hit the point where my all hitting, no healing team can easily beat level 90 content but has tons of trouble with 100 and up.

I totally understand. This is why I reccomended playing through all the tutorial content to understand the game a bit better, since familiarity will make some concepts more intuitive.

Battery= Raising Brave without hitting somebody. Basically, tons of characters can raise the brave of themselves or others using only their own stats, rather then applying them against an enemy's defenses in order to "steal" Brave from an opponent.

You'll see stuff like (Battery party (50% Max Brv)), that would mean that the skill would raise EVERYONE'S Brave by 50% of the character's total Max Brv value.

Batteries can be very important, because many characters now can Overflow (dealing damage during a skill or ability with a certain amount of overflow allows you to gain Brave past a percentage of your max Brv, so 120% overflow on 5000 means you can gain up to 6000 Brave during that attack), But aren't guaranteed to reach the amount they can get to during that attack in it's own amount of hits. You can only do 9999 damage max, so even high hitting attacks can only do so much sometimes.

So, if they already have a ton of Brave, either from attacking with a Brv attack, or being Batteried by another party member during one of their abilities, then they can maximize their damage!

Ask about any other jargon, and I'll do my best to help you understand! Outside of that, the infographics usually have a place that explains some of the shorthands, like AoE= Area of Effect. It's on the bottom right, in case you need info on some terms.

As to your second question, the biggest thing to look at for a character is, "how does what they do HELP my party? What role do they settle in, and what kind of things can they do that makes my party that much more efficient or defensible?"

For example, Edge doesn't do all that much damage on his own, but he can make the ENTIRE PARTY completely immune to the enemy's attacks and effects for two of his own turns with his EX, due to it giving perfect dodge to his allies.

So, when you see an enemy about to do an all hitting attack, and that EX is ready, you hold your finger over it's button and see where his next turn goes in the queue, you know, "he is gonna stop the enemy from doing something awful, and that means my party can focus on the offensive or not get broken or debuffed."

You can check the abilities of an enemy, both before you start a mission, and during it, so you can better understand their weaknesses and strengths, so you can better prepare your party for whatever they can throw at you. You might not need Edge as badly for one fight as you would for another.

But that's part of how great this game is. Nobody is truely useless, some are just way too useful. Even Ciaran, the new character in the current Banner, with everyone saying he's bad, is still a very solid character when used properly.

Meta is just about acquiring and empowering characters with the most pointed usefulness, and anyone in your party can be powerful if they are with others that they help and are helped by in return!

Plus, I highly reccomend trying to understand and invest in support characters like Penelo and Edge, as they can be increasingly crucial due to the amount of party wide buffing and stat increasing they can do, and the mechanics they have can make or break certain fights.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Whoever doubted the glory of Edge I present to you my no healer run of Ciaran Chaos!!!

Edge, Eight, Krile. Was so happy to finally use Krile again. I just LOVE her omg

The key is to start wave 2 with Edge's EX buff ready so you don't get hit with the HP poison and then the rest of the fight is easy as you can just focus on killing the bosses without worrying about your HP.

Now I go to being sad that I cannot max my Layle since I barely have any ingots :(

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I got lucky and managed to get Ciaran's EX in around 30-50 tickets! I'm glad to just have it for the future, I'm probably gonna save my Ingots for Layle or somebody else down the line, until his LC shows up way later!

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
I can't get enough score for the final Pathos 😑
I have a really anti synergistic team that is making it super hard, Gau Yshtola and Edge. And yes Edge Gau is the worst team ever it basically locks out half of each characters kits. I'm trying to get the twins up to chaos level because they are perfect for that fight because it's all groups of enemies no solo. The best I have done with this team is literally turn 65 which is the absolute limit. But I'm still quite a bit under score... I'm hoping the twins can replace Edge and I can get the damage I need.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I have a really anti synergistic team that is making it super hard, Gau Yshtola and Edge. And yes Edge Gau is the worst team ever it basically locks out half of each characters kits. I'm trying to get the twins up to chaos level because they are perfect for that fight because it's all groups of enemies no solo. The best I have done with this team is literally turn 65 which is the absolute limit. But I'm still quite a bit under score... I'm hoping the twins can replace Edge and I can get the damage I need.

Just remember, you have plenty of days to come back to this if you need to! Try to do some other Chaos content that you can achieve with your current characters to build up resources for the Twins if you can.

Remember, Edge is at his best with all three Spd passives turned off, so remember to do that!

Getting broken a bunch will also reduce your score, so if you can make the most of Edge's EX and defense, you can keep from getting destroyed and lose out on score.

I reccomend also trying to make sure your characters are up to snuff on Summon Boards, those bonus stats really do add up over time!

Make sure to save up some ability uses for a big Burst on the Summon, since, if you are using Y'shtola, she can get a TON of Brave, and fully restore everyone before their attacks during he Summon with Medica.

You are correct that it's definilty built for AoE characters, but remember that the first boss is one enemy with two buddies. If you have a choice, try to make sure you focus on dealing single target damage in that one, to save up for the second round.

I would definilty say that the Twins are very solid for these fights, and if you need more resources for them, try the first round of the third Far Ends of Demensions fights. Those are BRUTAL, and the first one is SUPER TOUGH, but if you can beat it, you can get the resources needed to get the Twins ready for the last round of Pathos.

Remember, you can always in-perfect a previous round of Pathos to get those characters used back, you just have to be able to replay and beat it afterwards to make sure you get the last Perfect reward.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017

Remove yshtola and edge and add more aoe units. This fight has been power creeped by now, especially because of summon boards

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Remove yshtola and edge and add more aoe units. This fight has been power creeped by now, especially because of summon boards
It's super easy I can feel the power creep, but I don't have other units. My idea right now is to go back to pathos 5 switch Gau for Onion Knight and then come back and do 7 with Onion Knight.

Edit: and actually I can switch Yshtola for Yuri on 5 also.

Double edit: oh sweet I don't have to do over the in between one!

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
It's super easy I can feel the power creep, but I don't have other units. My idea right now is to go back to pathos 5 switch Gau for Onion Knight and then come back and do 7 with Onion Knight.

Edit: and actually I can switch Yshtola for Yuri on 5 also.

Double edit: oh sweet I don't have to do over the in between one!

You have Yuri? He is 10000 times better than yshtola for pathos 7

That's basically your win right there.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Just remember, you have plenty of days to come back to this if you need to! Try to do some other Chaos content that you can achieve with your current characters to build up resources for the Twins if you can.

Remember, Edge is at his best with all three Spd passives turned off, so remember to do that!

Getting broken a bunch will also reduce your score, so if you can make the most of Edge's EX and defense, you can keep from getting destroyed and lose out on score.

I reccomend also trying to make sure your characters are up to snuff on Summon Boards, those bonus stats really do add up over time!

Make sure to save up some ability uses for a big Burst on the Summon, since, if you are using Y'shtola, she can get a TON of Brave, and fully restore everyone before their attacks during he Summon with Medica.

You are correct that it's definilty built for AoE characters, but remember that the first boss is one enemy with two buddies. If you have a choice, try to make sure you focus on dealing single target damage in that one, to save up for the second round.

I would definilty say that the Twins are very solid for these fights, and if you need more resources for them, try the first round of the third Far Ends of Demensions fights. Those are BRUTAL, and the first one is SUPER TOUGH, but if you can beat it, you can get the resources needed to get the Twins ready for the last round of Pathos.

Remember, you can always in-perfect a previous round of Pathos to get those characters used back, you just have to be able to replay and beat it afterwards to make sure you get the last Perfect reward.
What is the Far End Dimension? Is it not something I've already done??

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I'm at 5/5 and 7/7! I only have 24 70/70 characters though. I need 6 more to start entropy.

By end of April you should not only be ready to do entropy, but you should be able to clear up to tier 6 at least due to power creep and you should be mostly caught up with the rest of us by then

So no need to rush and just fill out your roster till then

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
By end of April you should not only be ready to do entropy, but you should be able to clear up to tier 6 at least due to power creep and you should be mostly caught up with the rest of us by then

So no need to rush and just fill out your roster till then
Awesome!! I'm super excited! I love end game content. Thank you guys for all your help.
I think I have a few more ingots I can get that aren't tied to events too for now. If I get a few more extra before Vayne I'm thinking of doing Lulu, the Twins, or Layle. (I pulled his EX with tickets!) What do you guys think?

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Awesome!! I'm super excited! I love end game content. Thank you guys for all your help.
I think I have a few more ingots I can get that aren't tied to events too for now. If I get a few more extra before Vayne I'm thinking of doing Lulu, the Twins, or Layle. (I pulled his EX with tickets!) What do you guys think?

Lulu = one of the few that can imperil and enchant her element and will help bypass tons of content if the fight allows you to imperil (must build a strong team around her though)

Twins = Best for AoE fights, but more and more fights will start absorbing elements and will get you locked out of using the twins

Layle = One of the best launchers in the game and will help you in certain stages if you cannot reach the score, since launch gives a massive boost to your score

If I had to choose in order of importance

Lulu > Layle > Twins

Of course this all depends on what you currently have and how you need to fill up your roster. For example if you already have tons of launchers, then layle is not really needed

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Lulu = one of the few that can imperil and enchant her element and will help bypass tons of content if the fight allows you to imperil (must build a strong team around her though)

Twins = Best for AoE fights, but more and more fights will start absorbing elements and will get you locked out of using the twins

Layle = One of the best launchers in the game and will help you in certain stages if you cannot reach the score, since launch gives a massive boost to your score

If I had to choose in order of importance

Lulu > Layle > Twins

Of course this all depends on what you currently have and how you need to fill up your roster. For example if you already have tons of launchers, then layle is not really needed
What characters work best with Lulu? If I Ingot her do I need to invest in Jecht? Not that I'm against it he is realized already. I am fairly sure the only launcher I have is Noctis. So I may prioritize Layle...

This FFCC music literally brings a tear to my eye. It was one of the first CDs I ever bought. I ordered it online I loved it so much.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
What characters work best with Lulu? If I Ingot her do I need to invest in Jecht? Not that I'm against it he is realized already. I am fairly sure the only launcher I have is Noctis. So I may prioritize Layle...

This FFCC music literally brings a tear to my eye. It was one of the first CDs I ever bought. I ordered it online I loved it so much.

Anyone that has a fire element or is non elemental. People usually do Jecht + Lulu. It's the popular choice.

Since you already have Yuri and OK, Lulu might not be a top priority. So Layle would do well if you are in need of launchers

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
What triggers launch?
The short version is, attacks contribute to an invisible total that makes a launch happen, but a few characters can trigger launches as part of their abilities.

For example, Cloud has an ability that will always trigger a launch when you use it, which means if one or both of his allies has a turn ahead of him when he does it, they will get to do an brv or hp attack to follow it up.

Any Brv attack done as a "Chase" to a launch follows the style and damage of the character's current Brv+. So if they hit three times with their Brv+, that will be reflected in how much damage you might see them do as a Brv attack. For example, a three-hitting Brv attack at max damage will have a "29997" show up during the launch, because that's three hits of "9999" all together.

Hp attacks just dump Brave, through all Hp Damage and Brv Damage done during a launch gets a 20% increase at the end, and is totaled on the side at the end so you see how badly you messed the enemy up.

Characters like Layle are particularly special, in that they can mess with how Launches trigger to make them happen way more often naturally, which you will notice as a flashing icon over an enemy. If you hit an enemy that has that icon, you will Launch them no matter what attack you do, as long as it does at least Brave Damage.

So, best way to make the most of launches is to make sure your other allies are in front of the launcher in the queue, and try to make sure they have Brv to spare so they can deal a ton of Hp Damage during it!

If the launcher can battery their allies while they trigger the launch, or before in some way, like how Eiko's Smite restores her allies' Brave based on it's Brv Damage done, then you'll really lay down the hurt! Or, Y'shtola using her Hp+, since that restores Brv to her allies based on half her Hp Damage done with it, to each. Or Penelo using free turns to raise everyone's Brave before doing the launch, there are many ways to make the most of a launch, and I hope you can discover them all!

Plus, later down the line, we will get Another Crystal Bearers character that totally destroys the meta with how they mess with Launches, and if you have him AND Layle, you are in Business!!! Layle isn't a MUST-HAVE, but he is a ton of fun, so I reccomend scrounging some tickets together for him!

Last edited:

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, interesting. Thanks! I don't think I'm at the point yet where it makes a huge difference, so I just do Finishing Touch to score points right now.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Ah, interesting. Thanks! I don't think I'm at the point yet where it makes a huge difference, so I just do Finishing Touch to score points right now.
Just remember, when using Cloud, Finish Touch makes his next Cross Slash inflict Paralysis, guaranteed! If you use Cross Slash first to get the buff for it, and then use Finishing Touch, you get all his buffs on him and can wait to use Cross Slash when you need it!

He can basically regain use of his EX every use of an ability basically, so if you are careful he can deal TONS of damage!

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh snap!?

Yeah, I've concluded that, so far, if my Cloud goes down, I go down, so he's loaded up. I just need either power stones or more Rune Blades to up his Finishing Touch.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Last edited:

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah man, he'd Great! Here's his Infographic to learn more!

Just remember, if you need any advice on any characters you have, let us know and we'll be happy to help!
Sure! I'm rolling with Cloud, Lightning, and Squall right now. Those are the three I've loaded with EX(+) weapons and 20-token armor, plus artifacts, and crystal levels near max. I'm pulling for Edge and Penelo, but I've gotten only rubbish so far, and my other characters are still ass.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Sure! I'm rolling with Cloud, Lightning, and Squall right now. Those are the three I've loaded with EX(+) weapons and 20-token armor, plus artifacts, and crystal levels near max. I'm pulling for Edge and Penelo, but I've gotten only rubbish so far, and my other characters are still ass.

Keep it up on pulling for those two, once you get their EX's, you'll have a lot more flexibility in your party options, especially considering they will passively raise other character's stats by being in the party, as well as provide buffs!

Cloud and Squall are both solid damage dealers, but when the time comes to choose one or the other, it's best to rely on Cloud for single bosses and Squall for doubles.

Penelo will be very useful for you once you can max her kit, since she provides a ton of power and damage for her kit. She might not jell with Cloud as much, but anyone who has only two or three buffs will welcome her completely!

I wish you luck! Make sure you are spending gems so you can Pity one or the other's EX if you are unlucky, and remember, you can play hard mode in Story Chapters and Lost Chapters content for more gems and rewards, and playing with a ton of people in multiplayer gets you a bunch of Gems, as a "First Meeting" bonus for playing with different players for the first time!

When you are feeling more confident, try grinding for Summons sometime! You can get them by playing through their World of Illision level, and once you improve them to Lvl 20, you can get started on their Trials.

Do ifrit first, he's relatively straightforward, and by doing his trials and doing his Summon board for your characters by gaining points fighting him in his trials, you will not only get stat increases, but have access to very powerful passives too! I reccomend Ifrit Atk Up (10%Atk over 80%Hp), Initial Atk Up (10% iBrv and 2%Atk), and Critical Up (10% Critical Hit Damage). Those are the best and lead to 22% increased damage overall, very powerful!

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Thank god Abyss is back, when Abyss was last here I had like 3 characters total that could do anything hahaha. Now I have like 25.

When are Power Orb springs coming back? Is that also happening? Right now im just farming Coop to get tokens to buy them but its nowhere near as fast as when there was that spring. Defintely taking full advantage this time around. I have learned so much.

Layle was a great investment, he isnt even 70/70 yet and got a perfect clear on the Cirian Chaos. Launching is super strong sometimes wow.

Im most hyped for Lightning!! I remember lamenting getting 4 of her EXs and no Cloud back when I first started but soon imma have a busted character ready to go hahaha.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Thank god Abyss is back, when Abyss was last here I had like 3 characters total that could do anything hahaha. Now I have like 25.

When are Power Orb springs coming back? Is that also happening? Right now im just farming Coop to get tokens to buy them but its nowhere near as fast as when there was that spring. Defintely taking full advantage this time around. I have learned so much.

Layle was a great investment, he isnt even 70/70 yet and got a perfect clear on the Cirian Chaos. Launching is super strong sometimes wow.

Im most hyped for Lightning!! I remember lamenting getting 4 of her EXs and no Cloud back when I first started but soon imma have a busted character ready to go hahaha.

Oh yeah, early abyss is gonna be a lot easier since it was built before Chaos difficultly, so as long as one of your characters were useful you will totally nail it. The new abyss, however, is going to probably be BRUTAL, considering how the limitations on party composition is gonna affect how you can even approach the fights, it's gonna rock.

Glad that Layle is doing it for you! I'm considering maxing him out right now since I love him so much, and he was awesome for me back when he came out! Glad to know he's holding his own all this time later!

Honestly, my biggest issue these days is that I'm falling into just using the same characters for practically everything, when I want to really make the most out of my roster. I need to build some more characters to become viable so I can be ready for Abyss and finally rock all of Pathos!

I'm gonna start by getting both Vanille and Balthier maxed out for their Dispelling ability, they will be very important for getting past the high stat values I'm gonna deal with.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Oh yeah, early abyss is gonna be a lot easier since it was built before Chaos difficultly, so as long as one of your characters were useful you will totally nail it. The new abyss, however, is going to probably be BRUTAL, considering how the limitations on party composition is gonna affect how you can even approach the fights, it's gonna rock.

Glad that Layle is doing it for you! I'm considering maxing him out right now since I love him so much, and he was awesome for me back when he came out! Glad to know he's holding his own all this time later!

Honestly, my biggest issue these days is that I'm falling into just using the same characters for practically everything, when I want to really make the most out of my roster. I need to build some more characters to become viable so I can be ready for Abyss and finally rock all of Pathos!

I'm gonna start by getting both Vanille and Balthier maxed out for their Dispelling ability, they will be very important for getting past the high stat values I'm gonna deal with.
Oh man im sooo excited for new abyss! Character limitations are the most compelling thing about end game content to me.
The forecast says permanent abyss, but that little promotion says temporary? Is a permanent supposedly coming?

I invested in him just because of functionality (never played crystal bearers) and I am not disappointed at all, if you like his character in particular I don't think you will be either. I would even say that his biggest weakness as expressed by the info graphic inst even really the whole story! It says that his damage is low because his abilities are somewhat lackluster on dishing it out, but his fast charging EX in my opinion totally makes up for it. Not only is it 99k 100% shared in practice, it is also a guaranteed launch on the target, then on top of that it sets up any other enemies that were non targets to be guaranteed launched on attack. I find that to be incredibly powerful because I think launching is at its least useful when you weren't expecting it/weren't keeping good enough track in your head, but you can absolutely guarantee it and that is soooo strong. His BRV+ Battery and Ability 2 Delay and Battery are just cherries on top.

I am fully invested in Balthier already too haha, cant wait for him to be a banner mate. Although no EX until late in the year unfortunately if the forecast ends up being totally accurate.

Last edited:

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, just pulled four Ashuras in one draw. So I guess I have upgraded Smoke Screen now.

Is there are tier list of characters/teams, by any chance?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Welp, just pulled four Ashuras in one draw. So I guess I have upgraded Smoke Screen now.

Is there are tier list of characters/teams, by any chance?
Like I said, this isn't really a "Tier List" kinda game. If we are excited for a particular character, like Penelo and Edge, then they are meta, and high tier.

If you need some reccomendations on team building, let us know what character EX's you have, and we'll try to help!

Here is a list of all the characters showing up in the near future, if anyone want's to comment on who are major players in the following months, go ahead, I'll just cover next month, April.

If anyone else wants to comment, go ahead! This can be a fun way to reaffirm who you wanna save for!

0dyzkycf7ti41.jpg

Click on the character's name to go straight to their Dissidia Database entry in JP, to get all their info about what their abilities and equipment do, as well as other metadata.

April

Beatrix (Steiner): Beatrix does solid Lighting Magic Damage and can protect the party with defensive and Hp Regen buffs, special ability to protect everyone's HP for one turn with a single-use HP+++ Transformation every time she uses her EX, very awesome. (Steiner does more damage. Not exciting or major, but a fun character nonetheless.)

Exdeath (Gilgamesh): Exdeath has a massive focus on Gravity effects, basically reducing Brv by percentages before doing big attacks. He also inflicts a unique debuff, Curse, which does Hp Damage each enemy turn, as well as Debuff stats. He basically debuffs and deals tons of damage, and focuses on being able to reduce Brv without interacting with enemy Defense or Breaking enemies, which makes him very useful to party members with Breaking mechanics, like Lighting, who need to break to do extra turns and such. Very Rad! (Gilgamesh does more damage, not terribly exciting, but he has a fun kit where his abilities morph around, so that's fun.)

General Leo (Galuf): Okay, this is a big banner! Leo's big deal is that he's a support DPS, who provides a crucial debuff that we have technically gotten early with Aranea. It's a Framed Debuff (can't be ovrwritten or pushed off until it expires) that makes single target attacks deal 50% more damage. It's freaking rediculous, and his other attack delays enemies by two turns and does massive damage. He's a super support and is very very meta. (Galuf is no slouch either, he protects his allies from harm with Cover, and gives himself full physical [both Melee and Ranged] Evasion, and does a powerful counterattack when he dodges. He's basically like edge, except he protects the party more frequently and for much longer, but is still damaged by Magic attacks without countering them. Still very powerful, and his new EX does tons of damage as well. Very worth pulling for both!)

Vayne Solidor (Paladin Cecil Harvey): HOOOO BOY, have I been waiting for this one! Vayne is a DPS with a twist. He may not deal a huge amount of damage on his own, but he builds stacks to a special buff that, when full, gives him three turns in a row, two being free. It's DEVASTATING when used appropriately, and that's not even his best trait! One of his abilities unbreaks an enemy, and then goes on to hit four more times, and is very powerful, while also acting as a delay attack due to how breaks work. His EX is super loaded too, as not only does it bring his stacks to full, but also gives him ability uses back for both his abilities, meaning with proper use of his good Brv+ and Hp+, he can go indefinitely and deal tons of damage! Now it also rebreaks enemies, and does more damage, his kit is loaded, and he is handsome, get immediately! (Cecil is a very useful support DPS who can fill the Battery and Healing roles in a party just fine, and now can provide both Light resist down with his EX, but also Light Enchant for the party with his AA, so he can even provide very good damage buffing in bursts. Very solid party member!)

Fran (Ashelia B'nargan Dalmasca): Fran is a solid Damage Support, But is also now a rediculous Damage dealer too, both having a stacking debuff with tons of useful mitigating effects, as well as providing Range Resist Down, But also has a super powerful EX, and very VERY high overflow and hits on all attacks. Super powerful, very solid. (Ashe deals small debuffs on enemies, but also provides both of the rare Phys attack up and Mag attack up buffs to the party. Might make for too many buffs with other supports, but is a solid character with splash damage on her EX.)

Hopefully that can help you better understand what the characters are about, and help you make informed decisions about the future!

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These two little dudes have an hp attack that is AOE? MAAAAN! I'M FINNA GRIND SO HARD!

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So, right when I'm about to start working on Edge, I pull Penelo's EX. And yeah, she's dope. I just got Layle, too, but I haven't pulled for his stuff yet.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Spring event starting in 15 hours, I have tickets to spend so hopefully it's a good banner.
Aerith's EX featured would be perfect.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I already did all of Aerith's boards so that would be very welcome! And since I have perfect artifacts for her it will be really nice to unbench her and see what potential she has with ex+. I'm really excited for the new Abyss also.

I think I should finish the pandemonium grind for the treasures at least before super synergy ends. Boss dies so fast with Y'shtola stone spam, Aranea friends doing crazy damage etc. Ideal strategy is to have Y'shtola and Aranea friends carry but yeah I've been putting it off and I think I did half the cast already.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I already did all of Aerith's boards so that would be very welcome! And since I have perfect artifacts for her it will be really nice to unbench her and see what potential she has with ex+. I'm really excited for the new Abyss also.

I think I should finish the pandemonium grind for the treasures at least before super synergy ends. Boss dies so fast with Y'shtola stone spam, Aranea friends doing crazy damage etc. Ideal strategy is to have Y'shtola and Aranea friends carry but yeah I've been putting it off and I think I did half the cast already.
Yeah, remember folks, you have SUPER SYNERGY with Y'shtola, Penelo and Edge for ALL Summon trials for another two days! Make the most of it now, and run some Summon farming with a triple EXP Book and two dofuses who have 6500 points left to get, twice, so you can get their treasures from them!

You can always do it later, but doing it now is much faster, so make the most of it!