• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, thanks! I have enough gems for one okay 10x pull for now, so I'll pull for them.

I've heard that WoL is insanely good. Is he worth the trouble if I only have garbage gear for him?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Nice, thanks! I have enough gems for one okay 10x pull for now, so I'll pull for them.

I've heard that WoL is insanely good. Is he worth the trouble if I only have garbage gear for him?

He's strong for very easy to attain and budgetary reasons, all his strength comes from his rework.

If you get his EX somehow, it's a really solid stat boost, but he doesn't need it all that much. He excels with even crap equipment, so I reccomend investing some crystals into him when you need to!

Don't go crazy trying to get all his stuff though, like I said, he doesn't need more then his 35CP or whatever weapon is his best, so don't waste resources maxing out any weapons for him. Just fuse any you get later to limit break them naturally, and use his EX when he gets it. It's worth turning that EX into an EX+, but he needs no ingots.

Here's his Infographic for more info!

z14ynp1w5dy31.png

By the way, once you get a few more EX+'s, there is a permanent event called the Far Ends of Demensions, and the easiest one gives you one free EX of any protagonist from the first 15 games and a few spinoffs. I wholly reccomend using that on Zack or Y'shtola when the time comes.

Don't worry about it now, just something for the future!

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of surprised Lightning is still capped at 60 when folks like Noctis and Aranea already got to 70. I thought she was one of the more popular protagonists.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I'm kind of surprised Lightning is still capped at 60 when folks like Noctis and Aranea already got to 70. I thought she was one of the more popular protagonists.

It's not based on popularity. They have a schedule and over 130 characters to rotate. They sometimes tie in a character to an upcoming game too (sephiroth got his BT weapon in JP to coincide with ff7r release as well as reno being released for same reason)

We are even rumored to have an early aerith ex+ in global version due to ff7r release (she is supposed to be may)

The game works in cycles and what used to be crap becomes good and vice versa

Roughly 10 characters a month get awakened to the next level tier (currently thats lvl 70)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
It's not based on popularity. They have a schedule and over 130 characters to rotate. They sometimes tie in a character to an upcoming game too (sephiroth got his BT weapon in JP to coincide with ff7r release as well as reno being released for same reason)

We are even rumored to have an early aerith ex+ in global version due to ff7r release (she is supposed to be may)

The game works in cycles and what used to be crap becomes good and vice versa

Roughly 10 characters a month get awakened to the next level tier (currently thats lvl 70)

This is actually one of my favorite things about this game!

Due to the way the game operates on upgrading it's cast, it incentivizes going for characters you like or want now, and in a few months, when other character grow more powerful or newer characters are introduced, they always have a chance of being brought back with a power boost, making them useful again!

Games like Brave Exvius are freaking Horrible about this, since they just release newer versions of characters you still have to pull for, and pull MANY versions for to become competitive.

In Opera Omnia, we used to have just 15 and 35 cp weapons, which grew to make up the majority of important passives for a character. When we got EX, you still needed to make sure those were improved, so if you already had those maxed out, you were ahead of the curve and saved resources in the long run!

If you didn't, or they were new, you could have stuff saved up in case you got the EX early, so you can get everything a character needs right then and there if you are prepared!

Now that LD's and Bursts are showing up in a few months, EX weapons being maxed out or improved into EX+ are still important, but easier to attain by that time, so it continues to be the case that early adopters still benefit in the longer run!

Basically, the game respects people's investments over time, and nearly all characters have their time in the sun, and oppertunity to be useful!

Add in several mechanics and resources used to defeat randomization neccessary to attain some of these improvements, and Regardless of it's status as a Gatcha, it's probably one of the most respectful games of it's player's time and investments in history.

I have several characters from like a year or less ago that are gonna become absolutely amazing in a month or two, and it's gonna let me keep a ton of stuff to myself and improve them at my own pace!

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Ahh finally an easy skip for me.

Is there any character people are looking forward to in the next 3-4 weeks? It seems the next meta character is Leo, who's a good month away.

I'm hoping to ticket Layle, and then later going all in on Beatrix EX, as I missed the last anniversary. Vayne's another touted top tier character, but I may leave him at 0/3 now that we have Aranea

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Wanted to ticket L&R..but, ticket stash ain't up to the task. One day...

Is there any character people are looking forward to in the next 3-4 weeks?

Leo and Beatrix mainly. Probably have Leo be my last gem pull 'till the start of LD/Burst era. Gonna try to ticket Beatrix/Exdeath...depending on luck/stash, papa and Seymour are in the maybe pile.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Is there any character people are looking forward to in the next 3-4 weeks? It seems the next meta character is Leo, who's a good month away.

Actually I want the twins but can't afford to max them

And rest of the month I already got the ex weapons such as layles (which I also can't afford to max) because April will murder me and I need at least 12 ingots by then (I want to max 7 units if possible in April)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Nice! Hopefully it wasn't too expensive for you!

Lann and Reynn are Experts at AoE damage, and this EX+ brings their longevity up a notch by allowing their Hp+ to give them an extension on their unique buffs, making it much less likely they'll run out and have to use up their abilities to refresh it!

As long as those buffs are up, their abilities will ALWAYS do tons of damage, and as long as enemies are weak against one of the two elements on their abilities (not counting EX since that's single element) they will ALWAYS do weakness damage!

With careful use, they will last you a long while! I hope they are useful to you!

Edgar is a more balanced character, who brings an ability to ignore defense with his EX to the table, so long as he can nail enemies with his special debuff. He even reduces enemy Max Brv and Def for the rest of the party too, meaning he can help sub in those debuffs if nobody else is doing it.

His biggest issue is that his four-hit attacks may leave him with less damage done overall, but that is easily remedied with his high overflow making battery's effective on him! So keep a battery support on tap and he'll perform swimmingly! Funny how most of those are ladies...

Don't feel like you need to fully invest ingots to make these two work, if you only want to do so a little, or have them in your back pocket in case more specialized content requires different characters, check their infographics and make a call!

Here's a fun treat for all you WoFF fans out there! These guys are hilarious sometimes!

Edit: OH SHIT, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I totally forgot! All those elements they attack with? They imperil those with their EX!!!!

Man, if you missed out on Shantotto, you are gonna LOVE these twins! I think they cover almost every element that Alisaie uses too, so if you are hunting for her, they will pair with her nicely!

Biggest thing, make sure you use them on bosses that are AT LEAST paired up, otherwise they will struggle to perform to the level of other damage dealers. Honestly not that big a stipulation, considering most content fits that description.

Last edited:

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
I love bringing older EX+ characters to Chaos. Faris is synergy for this event, but she's also very useful for her debuffs and traps. Bosses were zero threat. Triple attacks didn't matter since it would just keep triggering the BRV battery from her traps.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Another super easy fight. Even used 2 units that were resisted in final wave and managed perfect.

Eight, Edge, Rosa

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Nice! Hopefully it wasn't too expensive for you!

Lann and Reynn are Experts at AoE damage, and this EX+ brings their longevity up a notch by allowing their Hp+ to give them an extension on their unique buffs, making it much less likely they'll run out and have to use up their abilities to refresh it!

As long as those buffs are up, their abilities will ALWAYS do tons of damage, and as long as enemies are weak against one of the two elements on their abilities (not counting EX since that's single element) they will ALWAYS do weakness damage!

With careful use, they will last you a long while! I hope they are useful to you!

Edgar is a more balanced character, who brings an ability to ignore defense with his EX to the table, so long as he can nail enemies with his special debuff. He even reduces enemy Max Brv and Def for the rest of the party too, meaning he can help sub in those debuffs if nobody else is doing it.

His biggest issue is that his four-hit attacks may leave him with less damage done overall, but that is easily remedied with his high overflow making battery's effective on him! So keep a battery support on tap and he'll perform swimmingly! Funny how most of those are ladies...

Don't feel like you need to fully invest ingots to make these two work, if you only want to do so a little, or have them in your back pocket in case more specialized content requires different characters, check their infographics and make a call!

Here's a fun treat for all you WoFF fans out there! These guys are hilarious sometimes!

Edit: OH SHIT, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I totally forgot! All those elements they attack with? They imperil those with their EX!!!!

Man, if you missed out on Shantotto, you are gonna LOVE these twins! I think they cover almost every element that Alisaie uses too, so if you are hunting for her, they will pair with her nicely!

Biggest thing, make sure you use them on bosses that are AT LEAST paired up, otherwise they will struggle to perform to the level of other damage dealers. Honestly not that big a stipulation, considering most content fits that description.

I actually did get Shantotto but im not sure who to invest in to be honest. Vayne is my next top priority, Ashe too because I like FFXII. But I haven't even touched entropy yet so there are plenty of ingots waiting for me, but and I need characters to do it. I like the Twins I love imperil as a mechanic. What do you think I should do?
Crystals and LBs are my lowest resource currently.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Was tempted to pull for L&R but after seeing they're magic based, I decided I'm already loaded for that category.
No, I need melee AoE damage dealer.
Will try to get Layle and/or Selphie (spring event) instead, before my overcap tickets go poof.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I actually did get Shantotto but im not sure who to invest in to be honest. Vayne is my next top priority, Ashe too because I like FFXII. But I haven't even touched entropy yet so there are plenty of ingots waiting for me, but and I need characters to do it. I like the Twins I love imperil as a mechanic. What do you think I should do?
Crystals and LBs are my lowest resource currently.

I feel like your best bet is to just continue to beat content that is already here, like the normal and hard versions of the story and lost chapters, and develop a larger pool of resources for the future. Then, yo'll be able to pity Vayne in the future, and that will ensure you have plenty of weapons to sell!

Remember, if you see a Checkmark on a weapon, that means that you have gained the passive of that weapon by fully breaking one of them. Any copies of those should be safe to sell, as well as the limit broken one itself should a more powerful weapon be avalible.

For example, if you maxed out Penelo's weapons, you would have at least 8 LB's left, from selling her maxed out 15cp and 35cp Weapons, while leaving her EX+ intact.

It may seem rude to bring up something so basic, but it's very easy to build up on weapons no longer needed by you over time, and forget that they are a large source of LB's for future characters to use. I have plenty of sellable weapons I just don't want to sell for asthetic reasons, but I know I can if I need the LB's

Just remember to fuse weapons you still have copies of together if you still haven't gained their passive. It's more important to wait on characters you haven't gained an EX for to max out their stuff with LB's then to max it all out in advance. By limiting yourself, you can potentially save a ton of resources when copies of their weapon do show up in banners you wish to pull on!

As for crystals, if you mean Tier 4's and 5's, remember that you can gain them with Dissidia Points every week if you have some to spare, and can resist buying all the really good stickers! Don't forget to play Co-op and get all of them from an event, and to clear a new lost chapter's missions in time! Timely accomplishment of even the easiest missions will result in more crystal resources for you to use in the future.

At this point, I have a huge amount of all the crystals, simply because I built them up when I couldn't afford to get any new characters during different events! They will come to you faster then you think, especially with the Spring Festival showing up soon!

I hope this was helpful!

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Shantotto good? I actually have her EX LB'd and her 15cp and 35cp stuff too. Just haven't leveled her at all.

Grinding through these summons while I can. I've got over 700 tickets now! lol.

Also, the armor tokens are super convenient to have.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I've done it.
I have become a summoner hoarder!

bfa1c8fa-837b-483a-84enkov.png

2 years and 2 months of playing, I'm ready for the Burst era lol
But before that, I need Leo / Galuf / Shadow / Lightning (can use EX tokens) / Hope / Arciela / Keiss / ExDeath / Cater / Amidatelion and maybe Jack / CoD
Yeah that's a lot, I guess I'll finally have to use gems for some of them.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Lightning is dope. She's so fucking fast that she can easily get two--or even three--consecutive turns. I can't wait to see what her EX+ is.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
I've done it.

But before that, I need Leo / Galuf / Shadow / Lightning (can use EX tokens) / Hope / Arciela / Keiss / ExDeath / Cater / Amidatelion and maybe Jack / CoD

Damnit! That is crazy. I'm just planning to save for Burst Era and here you are with 1m. Amazing BTW.

Why does Type-0 have to have a large cast? I have to try holding myself back and only use tickets for the next couple of months. I am reserving my EX tokens for Lighting if I don't get her in her banner.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I am not sure what everyones situation is like, but with all the shutdowns worldwide and with nothing better to do, take the time to farm as many summon boards as possible now that we have Super Synergy for every board.

I personally will have nothing to do until around May and I already started boarding characters slated for release in May and I suggest you do the same at this time if you are stuck home like me lol.

This would have been the perfect time to play FF7R :\

Lightning is dope. She's so fucking fast that she can easily get two--or even three--consecutive turns. I can't wait to see what her EX+ is.

https://dissidiadb.com/lightning/overture/evo lightning's EX+

https://dissidiadb.com/lightning/razor_carbine Her LD

https://dissidiadb.com/lightning/durandal Her BT

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
I still have to work remote, but in the past, I could never multitask and play Dissidia in front of coworkers. Now I can let 3/3 Yuna autofarm all day!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Zack, Eight and Lightning can solo a DE...and Cater too I heard. Any other characters that are capable of soloing a DE?

Lotsa downtime ahead..might as well get caught up and maybe some future grinding outta the way.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I wonder what the chances are that, either with Lufenian difficulty or one tier higher down the line, they start putting final bosses in as optional fight content. I'm glad they are actually willing to put boss fights and enemies from previous games in, and even bring mechanics from them into play, I 'd like to see more of these.

But like, I've been listening to Bhunivelze's boss theme for the last three hours and I really wanna see some gods get their asses kicked.

Like, I know Record Keeper already does stuff like this, but I'm super stoked to see it happen here more often too.

Imagine a Yu Yevon event where you have to fight like 5 or 6 different Summon Trial fights in a row, with evened out HP totals to make it fair to longevity, that would be freaking crazy.

Or Seraph Sephiroth plugging everyone with Heartless Angel a turn before Supernova, it being a gravity attack that can KILL you party if you can't recover HP fast enough.

And the music and animations would be sick as hell too, oh man! Goosebumps just thinking about it!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I've done it.

Wow, and here I am looking at my near 300k gems. You are going to be completely set for burst and LD era! I guess though with Aranea it really makes it hard to pull sometimes. Just my experience though because she's way too good and makes everything easy for us :p

Of course there are those pesky resist Aranea stages but imperil solves all those problems haha. At least when she falls off and if she does you will have no problems because of that ginormous gem stash!

Also, FFBE gets Rikku this week. Take notes OO devs.... come on give us Rikku!

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How are you getting so many gems? I know it's not dumping into mtx, so I'm assuming late game content gives you a lot or something.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
There is a list of solo runs here : https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/f5upmx/solo_entropy_runs_aka_feod/
Look at the date because some of them are post-Burst/LD.

Perfect! Just what I was looking for!

How are you getting so many gems? I know it's not dumping into mtx, so I'm assuming late game content gives you a lot or something.

Game is super generous. If you can clear most content, getting 40k gems in a non summon month is pretty common. Combine that with ticket luck and...can really stretch those gems out...

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017

This game really generous with gems. Story and Lost chapters alone can provide enough gems to pity a few banners.

Summon boards are those who has been in the game for while and built a good roster of characters to carry weaker characters.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The game does give a lot of gems like other said, and I stopped using them for about 7 months. I had 500k gems in early September so we did get 500k in that timeframe.
Well, it took 112 tickets, I'm glad I didn't stop at 100 like I said but it was a dangerous bet since I had his 15/35 MLB already.

52153d35-fb4e-4f1b-807mk6o.png

Guess I'll try a bit on Ramza/Terra banner.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA

I think around September, I saw how much Kouriozan was holding and it inspired me to become a hoarder too lol. Honestly, once you prioritize tickets over gems, you'll be surprised how much you can still acquire without dipping into your gem stash. The mantra used to be only use gems when you have 75k available to pity a character, but tickets still come in plentiful, especially during summon boards. If you conserve too long, you'll face hitting the 999 cap.

I've since adopted the strategy that if it's a character I really want and I'm willing to pity, I'll still drop 1/4 of my ticket stash before using gems. So if I'm currently sitting on 800 tickets, I'll be willing to use 200 to try to luck into the EX. And the odds are actually in my favor to get one within 200 tickets. If I'm only at 500, I'll probably just drop 120. The nightmare scenario is that I end up losing 200 tickets and 75k gems to get the EX, but that still leaves me with 600 tickets to spare. And more often than not, I'll get the EX within 200 tickets or less, which allowed my gem stash to grow from 70k or so in October to 325k now.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I know many of you play it so that's why I am asking here because the new Brave Exvius tactics game is coming next week and it's inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics, which is my favorite FF.

But I heard so many horror stories about BE and how bad the gacha system is.

I am asking my question here because I want to relate it to OO since I don't play gacha games and OO is really my only point of reference.

I know it will be impossible for a gacha game to be as generous and not full of bullshit as OO, but how bad is BE really? Is it too much P2W?

For reference the only time I paid money in OO was to support the devs, not because I needed the gems.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I know many of you play it so that's why I am asking here because the new Brave Exvius tactics game is coming next week and it's inspired by Final Fantasy Tactics, which is my favorite FF.

I am asking my question here because I want to relate it to OO since I don't play gacha games and OO is really my only point of reference.

I know it will be impossible for a gacha game to be as generous and not full of bullshit as OO, but how bad is BE really? Is it too much P2W?

For reference the only time I paid money in OO was to support the devs, not because I needed the gems.

I think it's fair to say that pretty much no other game, much less mobile game, will elicit this kind of charity from you like Opera Omnia does. It's just too good and well supported and respectful and generous to it's playerbase.

But I would think some of the issue of giving BE Tictacs a shot would be made less major by giving it a Reroll or two to get something good.

As for the gameplay, I heard it's literally a worse/samey version of Alchemist Code with FFBE characters in it, so if that isn't a problem to you, give it a shot and see how you do. I wouldn't spend a dime on it, but I got like three holy awakenings on FFRK and I don't even do dailies for it since like four months ago, so I'd say no matter what you get, if you lose interest, you'll probably shelve it regardless.

I may give it a shot too sometime, just to try it, since I'm interested in seeing how it represents FFBE in 3D as a tactical game, and I have no reference to Alchemist Code to base my opinion on.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I think it's fair to say that pretty much no other game, much less mobile game, will elicit this kind of charity from you like Opera Omnia does. It's just too good and well supported and respectful and generous to it's playerbase.

But I would think some of the issue of giving BE Tictacs a shot would be made less major by giving it a Reroll or two to get something good.

As for the gameplay, I heard it's literally a worse/samey version of Alchemist Code with FFBE characters in it, so if that isn't a problem to you, give it a shot and see how you do. I wouldn't spend a dime on it, but I got like three holy awakenings on FFRK and I don't even do dailies for it since like four months ago, so I'd say no matter what you get, if you lose interest, you'll probably shelve it regardless.

I may give it a shot too sometime, just to try it, since I'm interested in seeing how it represents FFBE in 3D as a tactical game, and I have no reference to Alchemist Code to base my opinion on.

You talk to me like I'm supposed to know what alchemist code is lol.

The only thing making me less wary about getting it is that unlike BE, is that square enix is a co developer

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Finished Ifrit and Shiva summon boards for all characters and felt so accomplished until I remembered there are four more boards yet (and more on the way). I can't. I just can't anymore lol. The stash of gems and tickets is nice though!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Cieran is showing up soon!

...and I really can't recommend getting him, even if you love the original Crystal Chronicles. He is, unfortunately, a poor stack-based character, and is not worth spending resources on, I would pass unless the Infographic he will have wins you over on his benefits.

Wait until the Selkie or Yuke from that game (if they have canon names) shows up, they will likely be super rad. Besides, we are gonna get two more Crystal Bearer characters coming up sometime that will be AWESOME!!!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for the spring event in 4 days, to see what EX will be featured, then I'll decide to waste tickets trying to get Layle or not.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At 100k gems!

I didn't know there was a 999 limit on tickets. That means I should spend some, I guess.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019

IMO, FFBE is a very competent game in and of itself; the development behind it is solid for a gacha offering. The flak against it is largely directed towards Gumi's management of the game, and their penchant for questionable/scummy practices that rub the community the wrong way. Relating it back to DFFOO, I'd say the difference is night and day. FFBE isn't exactly a p2w experience, since the game does give out a fair share of premium currency. But the generosity is on a much lower scale, and Gumi's involvement with the community is comparatively sparse.

If I can sum up my feelings on the two, I'd say this- with FFBE, I'd buy packs begrudgingly, knowing where my money was going. With DFFOO, I find myself wanting to spend to thank the developers for an enjoyable experience. I'm a huge FFT fan, so I plan on checking out WotV. But as someone who spent regularly in FFBE, I'm resolved to stay strictly f2p with it, and I'd advise anyone asking to do the same.