• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I value your advice sensei..er I mean Quistis! That you go into detail with your points is why I have confidence in them. Ok, after knocking out virtually all the chaos stages in LCs and main story, I have the ingots now. The fact I won't need any for LD weapons makes it an easier choice because I WILL have my Squall maxed to the T when his new stuff appears (except for orbs and maybe damn artifacts). I'm assuming Burst weapons use ingots? Although I'm not going to hoard for that just yet since I have until around August.

Yep! I knocked out all the main story on both difficulties and did the same with all the Lost Chapters and that meant hundreds of thousands of gems :D That's the main reason but I also got lucky getting Arenea on the first 5k pull after the freebie and lucked into Rinoa and Irvines with tickets. I want to say Zack is the only one I've had to pull hard for so far. I'm also a master tier hoarder in Kourizan's league haha The both of us are tops in FFBE and apparently he's got that crown for this game too. That said, due to the nature of how this game gives characters a shorter time in the meta, I probably won't hoard quite to the degree I'm able to in FFBE. We shall see! You better believe I'm not going to allow myself to dip below the Burst pity for Squall though!

Also, I'll defend Squall X Rinoa until the end of time! It can be compressed if need be!

Thanks, you appreciation gives me such strength! I'm happy to continue being a helpful instructor!

On your last point, the biggest reason I want a FFVIII remake, aside from the possibility of nailing a type-zero gameplay loop for multiplayer mercenary missions using the polish and thought put into FFVIIRemake, is because that Romance is freaking tele-novela insane.

You got these two people, one carefree and one reserved, who almost make it happen but never follows up on their love, one makes a hit jam that tops the charts for DECADES, and they both end up having kids that have a more intense reversal of personality traits, that fall in love with that jam being a central theme?

I'm not even bringing up the space shit, it's insane, I love Squall and Rinoa's relationship. It's the best.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Only 2 5* in 100 tickets.
And I'm currently on a 80+ streak without one, big oof.
10% rates, right?
Better then most, but they can still screw you! I, uh, have 30,000 gems to go for a pity, but I, uh, don't have them yet.

Got plenty of content to do to make up the difference, but I really hope I can get Penelo's weapon soon, since I definitely did this on a whim, and it wasn't a good idea. I'll probably stop at 200 tokens and get the book, or something. I'm dumb. This is why I don't have any gems.

Tickets though, boy howdy do I have a ton of (potential) tickets!

Edit: Holy crap, we have a Summon CO-OP!?!? That's super rad!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It was shaping up to be a HUGE disaster of a pulling session, but it got saved by getting both in quick succession.

a6a8cf83-68dc-4c02-b768jha.png
b1377971-ea72-4208-a3hwkw7.png

That was scary getting a 100 streak without 5* though. 282 tickets for 2 EXs ain't that bad after all.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Got Penelo's EX in my first pull.. idk if to keep going to try get Edge
Depends, if you have a ton of tickets I think it's worth spending them instead, if you are ready to potentially spend 70,000 Gems to make SURE you get Edge, go ahead.

And if Edge doesn't seem super important to your overall team, if you don't think you really need his tanking ability, then it's no big deal. Take another look at your lineup and check the infographics I posted to make sure! There are plenty of fish in the sea!

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Congrats, Kouri! Sorry it took that many tickets but considering your stash, not bad indeed.

I managed to get Penelo's EX in around 76 tickets, wohoooooo! Didn't realize Yshtola's EX isn't on this banner before it hit though :(

Thanks, you appreciation gives me such strength! I'm happy to continue being a helpful instructor!

On your last point, the biggest reason I want a FFVIII remake, aside from the possibility of nailing a type-zero gameplay loop for multiplayer mercenary missions using the polish and thought put into FFVIIRemake, is because that Romance is freaking tele-novela insane.

You got these two people, one carefree and one reserved, who almost make it happen but never follows up on their love, one makes a hit jam that tops the charts for DECADES, and they both end up having kids that have a more intense reversal of personality traits, that fall in love with that jam being a central theme?

I'm not even bringing up the space shit, it's insane, I love Squall and Rinoa's relationship. It's the best.
Yessir! I love all of the VIII soundtrack but "Eyes on Me" is my favorite and its neat having multiple iterations of it. The space scene gets me every time. Sometimes in my car when streaming random songs from my phone, "Drifting" plays and just hearing that strikes me in the feels. Some people complain about Rinoa's personality but what she does for Squall and how she opens him up is great to watch every time and she's my FF best girl no matter what anyone says. We are now brothers forged through this bond! An VIII remake has been my most desired wish for a video game since voice acting became a thing so essentially as long as VII fanboys have been wishing for it. I look forward to the VII remake but the top reason I was excited was that it was always going to be the gateway to an VIII remake. The most popular one had to go first. Now I pray I get an VIII remake one day and it's actually possible!

Ahem, back on topic for this thread... How about Penelo's EX+, guys?

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
My luck's finally turned around with tickets, and none too soon since I was capped. I budgeted 200 tickets, and managed all 4 EXs plus enough scattered 15cp and 35cps to get a few MLB'ed and replenish my power stones a bit.

Looking forward to playing around with Edge and Penelo with their reworks. Hope everyone came away from these banners with what they were looking for!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
640 Tickets to get Penelo EX! Finally. Along the way, got Edge's EX 6(!!!) times. Think that's it for me this month..hopefully next month goes ALOT better.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Got Penelo EX in 20 tickets, but then Edge took another 200. Still, my gem stash is secure.

I'm debating now like Squall ASF if I want to ingot Penelo. Edge got an immediate 3/3 cause he's a fav and he seems fun to cheese certain encounters. Penelo is super strong on paper...but the kit itself seems pretty boring. And I have a lot of strong supports already.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh shit, Y'shtolla is super synergy? Amazing. Going to abuse this.
Not only is she super Synergy, but Super Synergy being retroactive for prior trials is now a thing, so even if you couldn't care less about Penelo and Edge, you got your chance to max out Summon Boards using Y'shtola and a powerful support character!

It bears repeating, one super Synergy and a Setzer or Aranea or somesuch, with two shmoes, two runs with a triple boom active gives 1800 Summon board points, exactly what you need for treasures, and you move on to two more shmoes or the rest of those shmoes boards.

Best part is, now that we have proper sorting for points, you can ALWAYS get characters who still have a solid 6500 points to master, and slot them in easy, making character management during this a breeze!

I reccomend doing this with a triple star for one or two runs to max out Pandemonium's Summon, especially since they are very very easy with two delay characters.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not only is she super Synergy, but Super Synergy being retroactive for prior trials is now a thing, so even if you couldn't care less about Penelo and Edge, you got your chance to max out Summon Boards using Y'shtola and a powerful support character!

It bears repeating, one super Synergy and a Setzer or Aranea or somesuch, with two shmoes, two runs with a triple boom active gives 1800 Summon board points, exactly what you need for treasures, and you move on to two more shmoes or the rest of those shmoes boards.

Best part is, now that we have proper sorting for points, you can ALWAYS get characters who still have a solid 6500 points to master, and slot them in easy, making character management during this a breeze!

I reccomend doing this with a triple star for one or two runs to max out Pandemonium's Summon, especially since they are very very easy with two delay characters.

Grind time.

Thanks for the info! :) Time to stock up on gems.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Pandemonium was easy as expected especially if you have Edge

I did it with Edge, Penelo, and Setzer

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY recommend you get both Edge and Penelo as they are FANTASTIC units and luckily I got them within 350 tickets (didn't have to use 600 ^^;)

Now as for entropy, I absolutely loved this fight because I managed to do it without using any imperil unit, which is what you really need here since the bosses in wave 2 resist EVERYTHING lol. I am proud of this run and I hope it helps anyone who doesn't have any imperil units to use

I did it with Edge, Penelo, and Jecht

I go through a lot of my strategy in my video as I explain a lot of small details about entropy 8

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I got them both in 55,000 Gems! And only a few tickets, so that's good! I got what I wanted, AND I have managed to max both of them! (almost, one ingot left and no characters I can justify using a book and 12 power orbs on, JUST yet!)

I'm definitely gonna have a great time with both of these characters! Something I noticed is that both of penelo's dance double generic buffs have the potentially less important buff first, Spd up on Haste Rhumba, and Hp Regen on Regen Waltz.

With a character like Aranea, who has three natural Framed buffs, you can potentially get more early on from the Spd buff being active then Hp Regen, and otherwise in a time of difficulty.

Likewise, characters with at least a single generic buff should be careful to reapply it if it gets knocked off, and for Penelo to use the dance with the more beneficial effects first, so as to keep all it's effects.

Basically, if a character only has two buffs to themselves, any extras that aren't already generically applied to the self are likely to get pushed off, so be very careful using her with other supports that don't focus on Auras.

Edge works well since he doesn't have any trouble, he has three self buffs, but one of them is Max Brv, so none will be knocked off through his efforts or hers, so they work together.

Zack haves major trouble due to having four buffs, and only sharing one buff with her, so care must be taken to make sure you don't lose his massive 100%+ Max Brv buff. It's extra management that may make usage difficult, depending on how you time their ability uses.

Ignis also works great, since he only puts two buffs on himself, and better yet, his buffs to his allies are all Auras, meaning he doesn't get in the way of other characters too!

Bottom Line, Penelo is super powerful, but care should be taken in her four generic buffs, Spd up and Atk for Haste Rhumba, and Hp Regen and Brv Regen for Regen Waltz. Careful application can keep your party full of power!

Haste Rhumba:
Spd Up (+50%) 7 Turns
Atk Up (+20%) 7 Turns

Regen Waltz:
Hp Regen (20% Max) 8 Turns
Brv Regen (100% iBrv) 8 Turns

Keep these values in mind, as it will be crucial to making sure you don't get screwed using any particular characters. If somebody uses a generic buff that's stronger, it will override it and not be replaced. The opposite is also true, weaker selfbuffs won't override Penelo's buffs.

Edit: just found this great video to explain what I just explained!

Last edited:

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
I got 4 Penelo EX lol but I had to pity Edge 😭
But nevertheless I have maxed them both now time to grind like crazy!!!

I spent 2 tickets on the Vivi banner just because I have a sickness and got his EX so there you go haha. Useful for when they realize him!

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I really going to go through all these summons to grind gems?

Yes.

Yes I am.

I'm very grateful for Samsung phones and DEX. I can just grind in the background while I'm doing boring stuff at work.

Edit: Woot, get Penelo EX through tickets. Means I can save all these gems I'm grinding for the future.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
With penelo's Info in mind, does anyone know who would be a great iBrv buffer coming in the following months? I know Agrias already slots in with her well given her only two buffs and aura, and she gives off a 30% iBrv buff, but I can't think of anyone off the top of my head other then her.

iBrv is super useful for Penelo, because with a strong enough buff to iBrv she can do max damage with Intercession, her EX+. It's entirely based on iBrv, so it'll be very powerful to have at it's strongest, especially since it's a free-turn Attack that totally destroys all the target's Brv without breaking it, AND batteries her and the team, setting her up to deal even more damage and a break right afterwards!

It's also a fast charging EX+, so it'll be showing up a ton!

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Should I spend 25k more gems to pity Edge with a lot of good characters on the horizon🤔

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Penelo doing 25k damage per tick with her EX in the coop, damn nice.
I had to reclear DE 5 despite having all 1-5 completed for my silver plate (only had 4 to re-complete), known bug?

1448e089-ba6d-425d-80u1jlb.png

Sayonara, indeed.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Penelo doing 25k damage per tick with her EX in the coop, damn nice.
I had to reclear DE 5 despite having all 1-5 completed for my silver plate (only had 4 to re-complete), known bug?

1448e089-ba6d-425d-80u1jlb.png

Sayonara, indeed.
Holy crap, I forgot Rosa has iBrv boosts, dang! I'm gonna need to max out Agrias, she'll get these numbers up as well, and pairs pretty good too!

I maxed both Penelo and Edge, and they both rock! I like how useful Penelo's Brv battery on her Waltz is, and Edge inflicting lock on ALL enemies for one turn is pretty rad! Definitely worth my stupid gem wasting decision!

Edit: also, I beat the Chaos of the Bird Lizard Turtles that suck so gosh darn hard oh my god.

They were such a hassle for me, I'm so glad I managed to defeat them with some tricky tricks, like summoning a three turn Aranea during a Shiva Summon, and manageing to get a few more hits with Ultimecia after she comes back.

If you guys haven't finished it yet, you have til the end of tomorrow to do it! You only need to clear the Chaos for the nuggets, by the way!

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I did this.

b3373ab8-26a9-49b5-89yqkzp.png

Having 2 more characters for the next tiers is invaluable, this is why I'm also going to pull for characters that can solo some stages.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I suggest taking his Spd buff off, so his EX charges faster in comparison and he gets more use out of his Evasion buffs.

Edge works much better as a Burst tank then a consistent damage source.
Alright. I've removed Secrets of the Ninja, Speed Shock, and BRV Initiative. I'll see if he feels better, but he was hitting for peanuts during FEOD 8... his EX being up more consistently and longer should definitely be an improvement.

I'm glad he has 3 speed passives that you can remove without affecting his other stats.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Wait...it's not good to just equip all passives? lol.

Wtf is this game.
It's nuts, but it's just because of how EX abilities charge, and how having more turns means his buffs run out faster. It's more efficient for him to be slow, since his best defensive buffs run out quickly.

Plus, he won't need as many actions to refresh his EX ability this way too!

Alright. I've removed Secrets of the Ninja, Speed Shock, and BRV Initiative. I'll see if he feels better, but he was hitting for peanuts during FEOD 8... his EX being up more consistently and longer should definitely be an improvement.

I'm glad he has 3 speed passives that you can remove without affecting his other stats.

Awesome, give us an update if you can later! I'd love to see how he performs differently.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017

I'm not sure what you are doing wrong, but I used him in 8 and he was hitting close to 9999 in basically every wave except the 2nd wave.

He also is not a dps, so him hitting for max damage is not why you pull for him

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure what you are doing wrong, but I used him in 8 and he was hitting close to 9999 in basically every wave except the 2nd wave.

He also is not a dps, so him hitting for max damage is not why you pull for him
Watched a bit of your video and he was not hitting anywhere near 9999 aside from the Ochu, and that was with Penelo's 100% attack aura. I had him paired with 0/3 Lulu and 3/3 Tifa and I found him really underwhelming without any aura/battery support. I know he's not a DPS, but his shaving capabilities are more lackluster than I had expected.

I eventually unlocked my WOL and went in with 3/3 Penelo, 3/3 WOL, and 0/3 Lulu and completed it.

I haven't had a chance to test him without speed passives because all my team slots are filled for Pande farming. Also, I refuse to unlock 8 to try bringing him under similar circumstances, so I'll have to try him in a different CHAOS.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Watched a bit of your video and he was not hitting anywhere near 9999 aside from the Ochu, and that was with Penelo's 100% attack aura. I had him paired with 0/3 Lulu and 3/3 Tifa and I found him really underwhelming without any aura/battery support. I know he's not a DPS, but his shaving capabilities are more lackluster than I had expected.

I eventually unlocked my WOL and went in with 3/3 Penelo, 3/3 WOL, and 0/3 Lulu and completed it.

I haven't had a chance to test him without speed passives because all my team slots are filled for Pande farming. Also, I refuse to unlock 8 to try bringing him under similar circumstances, so I'll have to try him in a different CHAOS.

What? Literally at the start of the fight I was hitting 9334 in the first wave and similar numbers at the last wave

Only when they are in red hp do I start hitting around 5k or so

Last wave I'm averaging around 7k or so

Edit: and yea your party doesn't have a proper support so don't expect much

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
This heretic chaos was one of the hardest in a really long time. I had to cheese it with Lulu's imperil. I don't even feel bad about using Aranea. The fights are incredibly awful and I couldn't do it without cheesing with fire imbue. Bless Lulu! I'm really glad the turtles were weak to ice so my Aranea and friend put them down to low health after burst summon shiva. There's clearly a way to clear it without fire imbue but I didn't have the patience lol tried Ulti, Y'shtola and Tifa and they were running dry by wave 2. The key was Lulu, Y'shtola and Aranea all maxes 3/3. Lulu could have hit harder but I don't have all her boards done. I'm just glad that's over with!

On a side note I pulled Yuri's ex with a couple of tickets! I'm prob gonna go for Penelo after pandemonium grinding for sure. She looks insane. I'll even use gems if I have to And Edge is good too according to the last couple of posts.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Sephiroth's LD/BT

LD has sap and burst effect is setting ennemies' BRV to 1 each turn, essentially unbreaking them.
Friend BT Sephiroth are going to be very demanded I guess, haha.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
How is everyone doing ingot wise? I have been pulling less and less not because I don't have the gems, but because there is no way for me to max the character.

I currently have 3 ingots and 6 books and have no idea how I will be able to afford maxing units in April. There is like at least 5-6 units I wanna max in April and I already have to skip the twins in 2 days because as much as I want them, I can't max them :(

That's also not counting the many units I currently have, but have not maxed out even though I want to like Serah, Celes, Locke, and Vanille

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
How is everyone doing ingot wise? I have been pulling less and less not because I don't have the gems, but because there is no way for me to max the character.

I currently have 3 ingots and 6 books and have no idea how I will be able to afford maxing units in April. There is like at least 5-6 units I wanna max in April and I already have to skip the twins in 2 days because as much as I want them, I can't max them :(

That's also not counting the many units I currently have, but have not maxed out even though I want to like Serah, Celes, Locke, and Vanille

0dyzkycf7ti41.jpg

Well, I can safely say two things!

I had roughly 5 ingots worth of resources before Penelo and Edge and now have no ingots and four books, Got back a bunch of orbs tho, and

I am totally fudged come April if I don't start clearing FeoD content now that my roster is getting more and more badass. I have a few chickens coming home to roost next month, and I gotta make sure they have what they need. Both Vayne and Beatrix will get all my things immediately, but I can only hope that I get Leo's EX with tickets, as well as Galuf, since I'm gonna love bof of them.

I would also like Selphie, but that's because I'm kinda being Selphish, I don't really need her outside of a desire to see how crazy my ability recovering characters can get with her. At least May is a total Donger with the exception of Ramza and the Awakening Trio, I can definitely save up gems for those three and just max out who I wanna. Ramza is totally being maxed though, I love him.

June's messing me up because I literally want EVERY NEW CHARACTER, and only Cloud of Darkness is kinda less my style, and she's arguably the most broken one!

July is gonna be a Max-Out-Massacre, so many EX+'s I have that I wanna Max out so badly, Garnet, Quistis (Trepies Represent) and of course, the end of an era eradicator, the crystal cat lady herself, SHERLOTTA THE STAT-INCREASED, is gonna come BACK with a VENGENCE.

And then LD's and Bursts are showing up and I'm not sure how long I'm gonna wait to try to actually grab a Burst. Like... I want one, but I'm not in a big hurry. I'm more interested in some of the choices of characters showing up, like Ami'datalion and DESCHU!

Here's hoping my resources end up ballooning like crazy once I really get going on all this Summon board farming!

Also, I realize my biggest issue right now.... is that I'm chasing EX weapons I WANT, but I have a ton that are good still right NOW, and I should be investing in them for FeoD and eventually ABYSS variety. Like, when am I maxing out Basch, or at least getting him somewhere useable? When am I gonna use WoL again? is Kuja or Ace worth investing in now? what about Terra, I already have all her weapons maxed otherwise, just not her EX!

I got so many accidental EX weapons I don't care for, that I'm basically only interested in booking for ingots down the line, I wanna actually make something of them sometime! Plus, I got characters like Leon that still kick tons of ass in the right circumstances!

I might provide a list of my current stuff if anyone wants it later, and I'll accept any advice you all can throw at me! I wanna make the most of what I have, and learn stuff that can help others!

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
0dyzkycf7ti41.jpg

Well, I can safely say two things!

I had roughly 5 ingots worth of resources before Penelo and Edge and now have no ingots and four books, Got back a bunch of orbs tho, and

I am totally fudged come April if I don't start clearing FeoD content now that my roster is getting more and more badass. I have a few chickens coming home to roost next month, and I gotta make sure they have what they need. Both Vayne and Beatrix will get all my things immediately, but I can only hope that I get Leo's EX with tickets, as well as Galuf, since I'm gonna love bof of them.

I would also like Selphie, but that's because I'm kinda being Selphish, I don't really need her outside of a desire to see how crazy my ability recovering characters can get with her. At least May is a total Donger with the exception of Ramza and the Awakening Trio, I can definitely save up gems for those three and just max out who I wanna. Ramza is totally being maxed though, I love him.

June's messing me up because I literally want EVERY NEW CHARACTER, and only Cloud of Darkness is kinda less my style, and she's arguably the most broken one!

July is gonna be a Max-Out-Massacre, so many EX+'s I have that I wanna Max out so badly, Garnet, Quistis (Trepies Represent) and of course, the end of an era eradicator, the crystal cat lady herself, SHERLOTTA THE STAT-INCREASED, is gonna come BACK with a VENGENCE.

And then LD's and Bursts are showing up and I'm not sure how long I'm gonna wait to try to actually grab a Burst. Like... I want one, but I'm not in a big hurry. I'm more interested in some of the choices of characters showing up, like Ami'datalion and DESCHU!

Here's hoping my resources end up ballooning like crazy once I really get going on all this Summon board farming!

Also, I realize my biggest issue right now.... is that I'm chasing EX weapons I WANT, but I have a ton that are good still right NOW, and I should be investing in them for FeoD and eventually ABYSS variety. Like, when am I maxing out Basch, or at least getting him somewhere useable? When am I gonna use WoL again? is Kuja or Ace worth investing in now? what about Terra, I already have all her weapons maxed otherwise, just not her EX!

I got so many accidental EX weapons I don't care for, that I'm basically only interested in booking for ingots down the line, I wanna actually make something of them sometime! Plus, I got characters like Leon that still kick tons of ass in the right circumstances!

I might provide a list of my current stuff if anyone wants it later, and I'll accept any advice you all can throw at me! I wanna make the most of what I have, and learn stuff that can help others!

Your situation is completely different than mine if you have not yet cleared entropy.

Just by completing all of entropy you will get about 20 ingots. So you are safe

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a dispel characters ex I can buy with the tokens from completing dimension end order?

If no, who should I grab?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Holy crap, this is almost exactly the situation I was in!

91ug127jdhm41.jpg

Is there a dispel characters ex I can buy with the tokens from completing dimension end order?

If no, who should I grab?

Nope, I'm afraid! All the characters in that exchange are all protagonists on mainline FF's and spinoffs at the time of their EX being avalible.

Best two choices, in my opinion, are Y'shtola and Zack.

Y'shtola is very low maintenance, only requiring her EX, none of her other weapons are neccessary. She is a very good (very god) battery and delay soecialist, with emergency button healing and brave recovery from her massively Loaded EX+, with effects raging from being a free turn, raising people from the dead, recovering ability uses, being a slightly more powerful source of Max Brv generic buff for the party then another of her skills, making her immortal at above half health, the list goes on.

She's super amazing, and heavily reccomended!

If you DO have her, grab Soldier First Extraordanare, Zack Fair! He's not only an amazing and very survivable tank, but a massively powerful source of damage as well! He can place a special shield on himself that reduces and eventually negates enemy Brv damage, and does massive damage when targeted by attacks! He holds his own very well, and comes highly reccomended!

Anyone else is more of a gamble, and will require heavy investment for lesser payoff then these two. I reccomend above all...

...make sure you check your team and make sure you know what you need covered! Y'shtola is useful forever, but if you have plenty of supports, maybe a magic attacker like Terra could he help-Okay, I'm joking, Y'shtola is most important, no matter what. It'd be a waste of a token to get anyone else if you don't already have her.

Last edited:

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, this is almost exactly the situation I was in!

91ug127jdhm41.jpg

Nope, I'm afraid! All the characters in that exchange are all protagonists on mainline FF's and spinoffs at the time of their EX being avalible.

Best two choices, in my opinion, are Y'shtola and Zack.

Y'shtola is very low maintenance, only requiring her EX, none of her other weapons are neccessary. She is a very good (very god) battery and delay soecialist, with emergency button healing and brave recovery from her massively Loaded EX+, with effects raging from being a free turn, raising people from the dead, recovering ability uses, being a slightly more powerful source of Max Brv generic buff for the party then another of her skills, making her immortal at above half health, the list goes on.

She's super amazing, and heavily reccomended!

If you DO have her, grab Soldier First Extraordanare, Zack Fair! He's not only an amazing and very survivable tank, but a massively powerful source of damage as well! He can place a special shield on himself that reduces and eventually negates enemy Brv damage, and does massive damage when targeted by attacks! He holds his own very well, and comes highly reccomended!

Anyone else is more of a gamble, and will require heavy investment for lesser payoff then these two. I reccomend above all...

...make sure you check your team and make sure you know what you need covered! Y'shtola is useful forever, but if you have plenty of supports, maybe a magic attacker like Terra could he help-Okay, I'm joking, Y'shtola is most important, no matter what. It'd be a waste of a token to get anyone else if you don't already have her.

I have both of those characters all purpled up. :)

Would Yuna be recommended if just for farming? I see her brave attack is an AOE?

As always, thanks for the input!

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA

Just hit 9 ingots after completing DE8. Have 5 books as well. I thought this month I'd splurge, but once I realized Yuri could get away with 1/3 and Lulu 2/3, I started conserving. Got a whole bunch of new EX's this month but only maxed Edge. Still keeping Penelo at 0/3 until I feel I need her support over Rosa/Yshtola. Although I may just cave as there's not another support I care to pull for until Ramza and Lenna EX+

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
I'm back! Past few days have been stressful both in work and nCov. It sucks.

My pulls for Edge and Penelo's banner is also bad. I ended up spending 75k gems with no EX pulls. I had to resort to ticket pulls first before I made a pity to make sure I get both of them. Fortunately, got Penelo with just 20 tickets and used the pity on Edge.

Naar now has narration in his videos. That's awesome.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
I'm back! Past few days have been stressful both in work and nCov. It sucks.

My pulls for Edge and Penelo's banner is also bad. I ended up spending 75k gems with no EX pulls. I had to resort to ticket pulls first before I made a pity to make sure I get both of them. Fortunately, got Penelo with just 20 tickets and used the pity on Edge.

Naar now has narration in his videos. That's awesome.

Same I had to pity Edge.

Can't wait for Gabranth is he good? He is one of my favorite characters.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Same I had to pity Edge.

Can't wait for Gabranth is he good? He is one of my favorite characters.
I have little info on how good he is, but he does burn twice as many mist charges as his brother!

I'm too lazy to get the mechanics in order, but suffice it to say, he's pretty rad.

Gabranth (XII)
Crystal Color: Green
Weapon Type: Sword

Skills
Base Command Skill:「Circle of Judgment」

• 2-HIT AoE Melee BRV + ST HP Attack.
  • If target is inflicted with either [Mark of a Criminal] or [Seal of a Grave Criminal], inflicts [ATK Down (20%) Small] and [DEF Down (20%) Small] to all enemies for 3 ACTIONS.
  • Grants [Judge Magister] to self for 3 ACTIONS.
Buff : [Judge Magister]

• All Allies Max BRV Up, ATK Up (40%)
  • All Allies BRV Damage Taken Reduced (30%)
  • When an ally receives a「BRV Attack」or「HP Attack」, inflicts [Mark of a Criminal] and [Judge's Verdict] to the attacker for 6 ACTIONS (debuff will only be inflicted once per turn)
Debuff : [Mark of a Criminal]

• ATK Down (20%)
  • Poison
  • Turns into [Seal of a Grave Criminal] if target has at least 4 debuffs active
※ [Mark of a Criminal] cannot exist at the same time as [Seal of a Grave Criminal]

Debuff : [Seal of a Grave Criminal]

• ATK Down (40%)
  • Poison (effect up)
  • Increases HP Damage Received (+10%)
  • Reverts back to [Mark of a Criminal] if target has under 4 debuffs active
※ [Seal of a Grave Criminal] cannot exist at the same time as [Mark of a Criminal]

Debuff : [Judge's Verdict]

• Max BRV Down (20%)

Second Command Skill (A. 20):「Guilt」

• 3-HIT Melee BRV + HP Attack.
  • Deals 20% Splash HP Damage to non-targeted enemies.

Additional Ability (A. 65):「Protect Up All」

• All Allies HP Damage Taken Reduced for 3 ACTIONS

Bloom Stone Passive: [Protect Up All Growth]

• Adds +1 Usage to「Protect Up All」
  • When using「Protect Up All」, improves HP Damage Taken Reduction effect by a small amount (+20%)

Crystal Passives
Awakening Lv55: [Circle of Judgement Extend]

• Adds +1 Usage to「Circle of Judgement」
When using「Circle of Judgement」:

• Increases total BRV Hits to 4, with BRV Potency increased by an extremely large amount
  • Allows for 180% Stolen BRV Max BRV Overflow Limit
  • Extends base duration of [ATK Down] and [DEF Down] by 3 ACTIONS
  • Extends base duration of [Judge Magister] by 3 ACTIONS
While [Judge Magister] is active,

• Turns「BRV Attack」into「BRV Attack+」:
    ∟ 2-HIT Melee BRV Attack
    ∟ If target is inflicted with either [Mark of a Criminal] or [Seal of a Grave Criminal], inflicts [ATK Down Small] and [DEF Down Small] to target for 6 ACTIONS
  • Turns「HP Attack」into「HP Attack+」:
    ∟ 2-HIT Melee BRV + HP Attack
    ∟ If target is inflicted with either [Mark of a Criminal] or [Seal of a Grave Criminal], inflicts [ATK Down Small] and [DEF Down Small] to target for 6 ACTIONS

Awakening Lv60: [Guilt Extend]

• Adds +2 Usage to「Guilt」
When using「Guilt」:

• Recovers BRV to self based on own Max BRV before BRV Attack
  • Increases total BRV Hits to 6, with BRV Potency increased by an extremely large amount
  • Allows for 180% Stolen BRV Max BRV Overflow Limit
——

Awakening Lv70: [Protect Up All Extend]

When using「Protect Up All」:

• When attacking a debuffed enemy, increases own ATK by a small amount

Other Crystal Passives
  • (Lv5) Circle of Judgement Power: Increases BRV Damage Dealt by「Circle of Judgement」by a small amount
  • (Lv10) Buff Speed: When buffed, increases own SPD by a small amount
  • (Lv15) Debuff Attack Up: When an enemy is inflicted with a debuff, increases own ATK by a small amount
  • (Lv25) Guilt Power: Increases BRV Damage Dealt by「Guilt」by a small amount
  • (Lv30) Buff Boost: When buffed, increases own Max BRV by a small amount
  • (Lv35) Circle of Judgement Charge: Adds +1 Usage to「Circle of Judgement」
  • (Lv40) Break Bonus Up: When breaking an enemy, increases Break Bonus gained by a small amount
  • (Lv45) Guilt Charge: Adds +1 Usage to「Guilt」
  • (Lv50) Keeper of the Law: When an enemy is inflicted with either [Mark of a Criminal] or [Seal of a Grave Criminal], increases own Initial BRV, Max BRV, ATK, DEF by a small amount
  • (Lv54) Buff Boost Speed: When buffed, increases own Max BRV and SPD by a small amount
  • (Lv58) Buff Attack Boost Up: When buffed, increases own Max BRV and ATK by a medium amount
  • (Lv68) Radiance of Power: Increases own ATK by a medium amount

Weapon Passives
15CP Weapon: Twilight (XII)

When using「Circle of Judgement」:

• Increases BRV Potency
  • Increases BRV Damage Dealt towards a single target by a small amount
  • Improves the effect of [Judge Magister] by a small amount ——
35CP Weapon: Imperial Ensign (XII)

When using「Guilt」:

• Increases BRV Potency
  • If target is inflicted with [Seal of a Grave Criminal], insta-breaks target, and increases Splash HP Damage Dealt (+50%). If target is broken, cancels target's break status and breaks them afterwards.

Artifact Passives

Gabranth's EX Weapon: Chaos Blade (XII)
Equips EX Ability:「Quickening」

• 4-HIT Melee BRV + HP Attack triggered 3 times.
  • Deals 20% Splash HP Damage to non-targeted enemies.
  • If target is inflicted with [Seal of a Grave Criminal], insta-breaks target, and increases Splash HP Damage Dealt (+50%). If target is broken, cancels target's break status and breaks them afterwards.

—— Limit Break Passives ——
LB1 : [Quickening Power]

• Increases BRV Damage Dealt by「Quickening」by a small amount
LB2 : [Quickening Buff Plus]

• When using「Quickening」, grants [Judge Magister] to self for 6 ACTIONS
LB3 : [Quickening Recast Up]

• Increases Recast Speed of「Quickening」by a small amount

Gabranth's EX+ Weapon: Chaos Blade (XII)+
Evolution Effect: [Quickening Force Advance]

When using「Quickening」:

• Increases BRV Potency by an extremely large amount
  • Allows for 120% Stolen BRV Max BRV Overflow

Bonus Sphere: [Critical Resist All Short | Group B]

• After dealing a critical hit, reduces BRV Damage Taken by 10% for all allies for 3 ACTIONS

—— Limit Break Passives ——
LB1 : [Brunt of Hatred Extend Attack Boost Up]

• While EX Weapon「Chaos Blade (XII)+」or Passive「Brunt of Hatred Extend」is equipped, increases own Max BRV (60%) and ATK (40%) by a medium amount
LB2 : [Judge Magister & Mark of a Criminal & Judge's Verdict Buff Debuff Start]

• When Quest begins, grants [Judge Magister] to self for 6 ACTIONS
  • When Battle begins, inflicts [Mark of a Criminal] and [Judge's Verdict] to all enemies for 6 ACTIONS
LB3 : [Quickening BRV Hit Plus BRV Up Force Advance ++]

• When using「Quickening」:
    ∟ Increases total BRV Hits by 3, with BRV Potency increased by an extremely large amount
    ∟ Recovers BRV to self based on (20% of) total HP Damage Dealt after each HP Attack (except last HP Attack)
    ∟ Increases Stolen BRV Max BRV Overflow Limit (to 150%)
  • While [Judge Magister] is active, ∟ Turns「BRV Attack」,「BRV Attack+」into「BRV Attack++」:
    ‣ 3-HIT Melee BRV Attack
    ‣ If target is inflicted with either [Mark of a Criminal] or [Seal of a Grave Criminal], inflicts [ATK Down (20%) Small] and [DEF Down (20%) Small] to target for 6 ACTIONS
    ∟ Turns「HP Attack」,「HP Attack+」into「HP Attack++」:
    ‣ 3-HIT Melee BRV + HP Attack
    ‣ Allows for 120% Stolen BRV Max BRV Overflow
    ‣ If target is inflicted with either [Mark of a Criminal] or [Seal of a Grave Criminal], inflicts [ATK Down (20%) Small] and [DEF Down (20%) Small] to target for 6 ACTIONS

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Hello. I just started.
Hello! Glad to have you aboard!

DFFOO is literally ol the most generous gatcha on the market, and has no energy system for nearly all content, so enjoy it at your own pace!

I reccomend playing through the tutorial stuff, and then going through the Mog's Gym, it's mean't to teach you how all the gameplay mechanics work!

Afterwards, just take your time going through the first few acts until you get enough gems to do some weapon pulls!

I reccomend doing the current one with Penelo and Edge, they are both support characters that will serve you well over time! We also have Lulu and Jecht, two Damage dealers that do great damage together, one of them even empowering and granting fire attacks to the team!

I hope you have fun! Let us know if you need any help understanding anything!

If you need any friends, here is my Friend ID: 944398297

You add these using the friend menu on the top left (or top right if you are right handed) button at the main menu, the one with the swords.

I don't wanna overwhelm you too quickly, so have fun!

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hello! Glad to have you aboard!

DFFOO is literally ol the most generous gatcha on the market, and has no energy system for nearly all content, so enjoy it at your own pace!

I reccomend playing through the tutorial stuff, and then going through the Mog's Gym, it's mean't to teach you how all the gameplay mechanics work!

Afterwards, just take your time going through the first few acts until you get enough gems to do some weapon pulls!

I reccomend doing the current one with Penelo and Edge, they are both support characters that will serve you well over time! We also have Lulu and Jecht, two Damage dealers that do great damage together, one of them even empowering and granting fire attacks to the team!

I hope you have fun! Let us know if you need any help understanding anything!

If you need any friends, here is my Friend ID: 944398297

You add these using the friend menu on the top left (or top right if you are right handed) button at the main menu, the one with the swords.

I don't wanna overwhelm you too quickly, so have fun!
Thanks for this!

Okay, I fibbed; I actually started 8 days ago and already have EX+ for Cloud and EX for Lightning and Squall. Got super lucky with my dash pulls, and now I'm just grinding crystal levels to be ready for harder content.

But I really do appreciate any general advice!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Thanks for this!

Okay, I fibbed; I actually started 8 days ago and already have EX+ for Cloud and EX for Lightning and Squall. Got super lucky with my dash pulls, and now I'm just grinding crystal levels to be ready for harder content.

But I really do appreciate any general advice!
Nice, I can drop some hard stuff on you!

Remember, you are in a position to totally rock any event all the way to Cosmos, so do so if you can! Getting books and ingots for these really good characters is helpful for further growth, but there is plenty of permanent oppertunities to get them!

Don't forget to run the Gold Daily quest to get Gil if you need it, or any of the crystals you need! Although, a better way would be to use an item book and do the current Lvl.100 Co-op with others, and use the tokens to buy basic Weapon and Armor upgrade materials and sell them for tons of gil! Good way to stock up on crystals too, especially since those co-ops will go particularly fast in the Fun room, or just in general!

I still say Penelo and Edge will be your best asset in the times to come, I posted their Infographics earlier, so check them out if you need info! The reddit has a great group called the Tonberry Troupe, that regularly compiles character and Summon information to help the community! If you need ANY info on any current or very soon to be released character, look them up with "Infographic" and you'll get your answers!

Or just keep this Flickr album close to your heart, and watch out for updates!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dffoo/

Here are the infographics for Penelo and Edge!

75z9sw1topl41.png

bm0esfqoppl41.png

They may sound a little daunting at first, but that's just because this game is so GOSH DARN GOOD at developing really interesting character quirks and movesets! There is so many interesting mechanics at play, you'll have a blast with every character you invest in!