• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Honestly all I'm worried about now is getting the correct steelbook from Amazon.

Cause if I don't see Cecil on my steelbook.....

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Squall being kinda awkward is greatest. There's no better way to write squall than to write around his wanna be cool guy persona not holding up to scrutiny XD

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
LOL. Same here except the only one I don't want is the one with Lightning, Cecil, and Garland.
We can never be friends lol.

To me it sucks that Cecil had to get lumped with Garland. Lightning is okay but I would have preferred Cloud or WoL.

But I'll take what I can get at this point when it comes to seeing more Cecil.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
My collector's edition arrived yesterday. WoL is a beautiful bastard.

DUuLCwOWkAAmTl3

I've been just doing offline - Gauntlet mode - to see which character suits me best and it's pretty generous with gil, treasure and memory crystals.

Really digging DK Cecil, Kain and Sephiroth so far.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I've ranked Noctis up to Platinum E, Sephiroth and Kuja are Gold E.

Just did my first story battle which was pretty neat :D

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
My collector's edition arrived yesterday. WoL is a beautiful bastard.

DUuLCwOWkAAmTl3

I've been just doing offline - Gauntlet mode - to see which character suits me best and it's pretty generous with gil, treasure and memory crystals.
Ooh that looks nice. How is the art book? I'm getting my CE from GameStop but I won't be able to pick it up til Friday due to funds lol.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I wish the LE steelbook was available to buy separately. Same with every other Square Enix Store exclusive CE steelbook.
Yeah for sure. The biggest reason why I buy their CE from that blasted store is for the steelbooks. I even ordered the PC CE of Final Fantasy XII to get the steelbook. I'm selling the steam download code that comes with it lol.

Luckily this time, for some weird reason, GameStop had a limited amount of preorders available for the CE of Dissidia NT. How limited? There were only two slots available in my store and I was one of them lol.

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Squall being kinda awkward is greatest. There's no better way to write squall than to write around his wanna be cool guy persona not holding up to scrutiny XD

I mean... Squall was always awkward. I never took his persona in FFVIII to be a "cool guy" but he was more of a "loner" type, as the people he let in and get close to him would always leave him.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I do wish there were individual character tutorials, you can effectively set up a training arena with a stationary antagonist but I didn't even know Triangle used up Ace's cards until I just accidentally hit it early once. I'm assuming Triangle is how you change Lightning to Ravager and back but I've yet to try it.

Game unlocked for me, for now, just faffing about against AI, to unlocknsome story or something

I kinda already got used to O being jump and X being bravery, so game forcing change on me is a bit eh...

You can go into the options and swapping them back is like Option E or something? I did it pretty much immediately and it's been great, the menus still operate as-usual.

Jan 11, 2018
Yeah for sure. The biggest reason why I buy their CE from that blasted store is for the steelbooks.

And they're bloody expensive, too! Usually €200-300 a piece. I wish they would release regular retail versions of these collector's editions without the busts and figurines that jack up the prices like that. I really want the CE of Stormblood, since I have the ones for ARR and Heavensward already. But it's so expensive :(

Squall was always awkward.

I think the English localisation was also very much a product of its time. I wonder how close it is tot the Japanese script, the way he talks and all.

On a different note, he looks really good in Dissidia NT. Reminds me a lot of the CGI in FFVIII, with more detail.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
That's unfortunate that only physical copies get the code, because digital copies on JP got an email.

Btw if anyone who plays the JP version wants me code just let me know.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome now I'm starting to see more and more english streams. This should hold me over after Supergirl till this game comes out. We're so close NA

Synless

Oct 30, 2017
All I wanted was some god damn Cup Noodle with the bonus costume and every store I've gone to over the past two weeks only has regular ass packaging. How am I ever gonna get that Noctis costume?

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
All I wanted was some god damn Cup Noodle with the bonus costume and every store I've gone to over the past two weeks only has regular ass packaging. How am I ever gonna get that Noctis costume?
The receipt that I got mine from only said Cup Noodles and had absolutely no mention of the special Dissidia packaging anywhere.

So you might be able to buy a normal one, take a picture of the receipt, and text it to the Cup Noodles Dissidia number. It could very well work. I only had to take a picture of the receipt when sending mine. I got the DLC code and everything.

Synless

Oct 30, 2017
The receipt that I got mine from only said Cup Noodles and had absolutely no mention of the special Dissidia packaging anywhere.

So you might be able to buy a normal one, take a picture of the receipt, and text it to the Cup Noodles Dissidia number. It could very well work. I only had to take a picture of the receipt when sending mine. I got the DLC code and everything.
I'll give it a shot.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
So how substantial is the single player content? I asked this before but I think my post was lost in a flood of new posts.

Apparently this is more a Arcade fighting game and less so much the PSP games?

I don't plan on going online, so what is the verdict here?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how substantial is the single player content? I asked this before but I think my post was lost in a flood of new posts.

Apparently this is more a Arcade fighting game and less so much the PSP games?

I don't plan on going online, so what is the verdict here?
Haven't played the full game yet but I severely get the feeling this game is geared towards online play. Judging at least by what was in the beta. There is offline stuff but I don't think its that substantial at all.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Haven't played the full game yet but I severely get the feeling this game is geared towards online play. Judging at least by what was in the beta. There is offline stuff but I don't think its that substantial at all.

That sounds disappointing. You think with SE's reputation in putting work into lengthy RPGs, I was hoping a game with the Final Fantasy branding, released on console no less, would at least meet the baseline content of the previous installments.

I was on the fence and wanted to use my Prime discount, but now I'll just wait for reviews.

Raijinken

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The first post was updated with alot of information on the game since the OP has been missing for a couple of weeks.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
That is a nice offer. I am gonna try the suggestion you made first and if it doesn't work and your willing I would take you up on that.
Oh yeah for sure try and see if the first option works out. It'll take a day or two maybe before you get approved or not.

But if it doesn't work, then I'd be more than happy to help out with that. It's 60 cents for one over here lol.

Plus it's food haha!

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds disappointing. You think with SE's reputation in putting work into lengthy RPGs, I was hoping a game with the Final Fantasy branding, released on console no less, would at least meet the baseline content of the previous installments.

I was on the fence and wanted to use my Prime discount, but now I'll just wait for reviews.
If you're that iffy about buying it yeah I'd hold your money if I was you. There is a story mode but from what I gather its less... playing through a story mode and more viewing the story cut-scenes whenever you get a special currency that lets you unlock a node. The only other SP thing I saw was a Gauntlet mode where you fight a series of 6 escalating battles for a chance to get rewards and stuff. Fun mode but also seems like something that would get highly repetitive. There might be something else? I dunno again only have played the beta so far.

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
No Celes, no buy. Sorry, SE.

For what it's worth, she's in Opera Omnia, releasing tomorrow (although I'm not sure if she's part of the 1st batch of characters).

It's still not clear if that game's cast is a shortlist of mainline Dissidia candidates, but it's better to see them there than not at all...

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
If you're that iffy about buying it yeah I'd hold your money if I was you. There is a story mode but from what I gather its less... playing through a story mode and more viewing the story cut-scenes whenever you get a special currency that lets you unlock a node. The only other SP thing I saw was a Gauntlet mode where you fight a series of 6 escalating battles for a chance to get rewards and stuff. Fun mode but also seems like something that would get highly repetitive. There might be something else? I dunno again only have played the beta so far.
There are story battles and boss battles. You unlock them with the escalation you mentioned in gauntlet mode after unlocking them in story mode.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Read pysical copies of "NT" gets a promo code for the mobile "Opera Omnia" version.

If anyone has a spare code (for NA) and don't intend to play it, I wouldn't mind using it.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also, apparently with each new character added, they'll also add additional story cutscenes with them.

Which they better goddamn do, since a big part of these games is the interactions between characters.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Read pysical copies of "NT" gets a promo code for the mobile "Opera Omnia" version.

If anyone gets a spare code and don't intend to play it, I wouldn't mind using it.
Do you know what it does? All it says is it is a "Jumping Gift BONUS".
Also, apparently with each new character added, they'll also add additional story cutscenes with them.

Which they better goddamn do, since a big part of these games is the interactions between characters.
Need story for Ace and Ramza first, pls.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I mean I can ask for another one but the steelbooks are randomized and you don't know what you get until you remove the slipcover right? So wouldn't it be the same issue?

Most of the time when I pick up a game with a steelbook the steelbook is a separate item, but that may not be the case with this one. If that is the case I will just ask them to give me the one I want, I buy enough shit there they would anyway. I would have to go to Ebay to get the other two though which would be annoying.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Most of the time when I pick up a game with a steelbook the steelbook is a separate item, but that may not be the case with this one. If that is the case I will just ask them to give me the one I want, I buy enough shit there they would anyway. I would have to go to Ebay to get the other two though which would be annoying.
When I picked up my copy of Dissidia, it had a slip cover that you couldn't see through, and it was wrapped in plastic. Of course, Australia only gets one steelbook but the same might be at Best Buy.