• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WE GOT PRE-LOAD GOING. WOO HOO.

Side note where is Lightning's louis vuitton outfits DLC. :p

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to get the last two due to getting the PSP games they were in. Haha SE can fill this game with so much DLC. I hope this game does good and SE supports this game for years.

edit: only characters to have 3 alts:
DTlHsHmW4AAaH8g.jpg
DUfQw9sW0AA5Crl.jpg
DUaGSh7XcAE6E2D.jpg

the rest: https://twitter.com/FFSPAIN_/status/952873005394354176

That's disappointing. Lightning had a proper Guardian Corps outfit in 012 with the cap and unaltered jacket. Pity it's just a color swap of her default altered GC outfit now.

I hope all the outfits become available and aren't disgustingly overpriced like in 012. I got the Amano Tifa outfit from Amazon and the Aya and Cecil outfits from T3B and FFIV Complete Collection. Really wanted that KH Cloud though. Stupid KH Sqall and Type-0 Gilgamesh never even came out in the states.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Are they still doing that plan of having up to 50 characters in this game? Or will that be just for the Arcade version?

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Are they still doing that plan of having up to 50 characters in this game? Or will that be just for the Arcade version?

I think it really depends on the success of the console version so hopefully it would sell very well enough to warrant long term plan. However I kind have a doubt about it because of how people reacted to the beta.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I think it really depends on the success of the console version so hopefully it would sell very well enough to warrant long term plan. However I kind have a doubt about it because of how people reacted to the beta.
Ah yeah. The beta was iffy on that. A lot of people were turned off by it.

Still, I hope that at least we get costume DLC.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Man, y'all just getting pre-downloads going? Its going to be painful on launch day when there's barely anyone to play against because y'all still waiting for the game to be available :(

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people also enjoyed the beta as well. The game's gonna do well enough even a few fgc heads like K-Brad and Chris G like the game as well.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
A lot of people also enjoyed the beta as well. The game's gonna do well enough even a few fgc heads like K-Brad and Chris G like the game as well.
I didnt know that. Yeah I didnt get a chance to play beta much (it was up at a bad time for me, during DBZF beta) but didn't enjoy the gameplay a lot. Only played like 5 matches total though. And I love 3d brawler/fighters. Waiting to read impressions after it drops. Maybe I can be persuaded to pick this up. I can go with a physical copy and just resell if it's not a good fit.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Amazon still hasn't shipped my Steelbook Brawler Edition....even though a rep told me yesterday that it's being prepared to ship, the order info still says "Not Yet Shipped" instead of "Preparing for Shipment" or "Shipping Now"

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didnt know that. Yeah I didnt get a chance to play beta much (it was up at a bad time for me, during DBZF beta) but didn't enjoy the gameplay a lot. Only played like 5 matches total though. And I love 3d brawler/fighters. Waiting to read impressions after it drops. Maybe I can be persuaded to pick this up. I can go with a physical copy and just resell if it's not a good fit.
Honestly I'm more hyped for this then DBFZ. I played DBFZ a few times and it's just bridging the gap till Monday night.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So how long does it take for them to give you the code after you send them a photo of you Cup Noodles receipt.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone with a digital purchase who just can't wait to play jumping in when the timer ends? If it were a game like KH3 or Spiderman I would but for Dissidia I'm just going to wake up early and get playing. I can't wait for tomorrow morning 8)

SgtWiggles

Oct 25, 2017
Was considering going digital incase that WoL costume was exclusive, then forgot to cancel my Amazon order and it shipped.....

Can't return it since I just returned another game in the past 2 weeks for a broken case, so I guess that sealed my decision for me. Luckily none of the pre-order DLC are for characters I play anyway, though I would have preferred a full costume over a weapon swap

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Was considering going digital incase that WoL costume was exclusive, then forgot to cancel my Amazon order and it shipped.....

Can't return it since I just returned another game in the past 2 weeks for a broken case, so I guess that sealed my decision for me. Luckily none of the pre-order DLC are for characters I play anyway, though I would have preferred a full costume over a weapon swap
Really? You can't return it? Is this Amazon US?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know which alt costume to save up for first. I want KH Sephiroth, Amano Kuja, and whatever Noctis has.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah and I love that outfit, but I am a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts so that alt is like a must very early on, and Kuja's Hermit's Cloak is just gorgeous so idk!! :(

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I still wish it was the full Punished Noctis instead of normal Noctis with his royal attire.

Anyhoo, my steelbook shipped! Arriving Tuesday or Wednesday. Let's hope it's for Tuesday eh Amazon?

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Yeah. People already have the game and have downloaded the patch though. I was hoping someone who was playing already would know the difference in Gil now.
I don't think that's the patch you're thinking about. Japanese version had a day 1 patch and the one with changes to gil is coming tomorrow.
I also wouldn't set my hopes too high, even if they double gil gains online, getting costumes through regular online play is going to take ages.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think that's the patch you're thinking about. Japanese version had a day 1 patch and the one with changes to gil is coming tomorrow.
I know someone in Germany who got the game early, they downloaded the patch and now X and O are switched.

Oh, and btw, Bravery attacks are on circle now and jumping is on X.

Even without a patch?

Nah, there was already a patch waiting to be installed when I put in the disc and afterwards the controls were switched.

I also wouldn't set my hopes too high, even if they double gil gains online, getting costumes through regular online play is going to take ages.
Double Gil is nice because that means it'd take less time to get enough Gil for an outfit. Getting everything will take a buttload of time, but thankfully we have treasures and any doubles gained through treasures are transferred to Gil.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Argos UK are saying it's ready for collection today so I have reserved one. Going in when it opens hope they give it to me.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
I still wish it was the full Punished Noctis instead of normal Noctis with his royal attire.

Especially since there are multiple variations of each costume (and with things like the Regis DLC costume, they're not averse to sharing assets with XV itself), having the older Noctis wearing it as the base variant and the younger Noctis wearing just the suit as one of the 'II' or 'III' versions would have been a reasonable way of handling it.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does the icon look like on PS4? I hate the boxart, but that image where they're all stood in a circle with the white background is quite nice, and I've got a feeling that's the logo they've used.

Either way, I've got World of Final Fantasy, Stormblood and Comrades:FFXV to finish, so I'll wait till its in sale, or I'm finished with those. Whichever comes first.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
What does the icon look like on PS4? I hate the boxart, but that image where they're all stood in a circle with the white background is quite nice, and I've got a feeling that's the logo they've used.

Either way, I've got World of Final Fantasy, Stormblood and Comrades:FFXV to finish, so I'll wait till its in sale, or I'm finished with those. Whichever comes first.

They are all standing in the circle, it is the same when the beta was running.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017

This is what it looks like:

Sorry for double post but less than 2 days I'm so excited!

nOYGDKD.png

Like I previously mentioned, the theme and mini sound track are locked until Midnight in 2 days, 2 hours.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the game still has a lot of players when you jump in!

Less than 2 hours until it's active in Australia, which means New Zealand can already play. I'll be going to sleep very soon so I can wake up early and play!

Edit: Avatar pack will be on sale, just like on the Japanese store! Perfect if you didn't preorder!

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My copyshipped yesterday from amazon. Stoked to play Tuesday night. Emperor main awww yeah.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Been playing this for a couple days now (my copy shipped incredibly early for some reason) and I love how it plays. Currently maining Noctis, Cloud, Ace and Y'shtola, but experimenting with everyone. Online seems to be open but it's sparse since it's a day early, I imagine.

The summon boss fights are BRUTAL though, they almost feel like the optional, super-hard Kingdom Hearts fights at times.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't sleep and Dissidia is just 10 minutes away from being playable so I guess I'm sinking some time in tonight 8)

Edit: the preorder theme for the Australian digital game is the theme Americans can purchase for $2

Last edited:

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man I am really enjoying this. Story seems fairly decent as well.

My only complaint is the waiting time between online matches

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit the season pass is $45 AUD. I'm glad I got it with the digital version of the game, the difference in price there with the basic game was only $30.

One of Noctis' voiced lines that you can buy is amazing...
"I am Noctis, Prince of Lucis and King of Fishing!"