• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Red Noctis

Well better now than later I guess

I will still wait for all th vets to be back like they said they would

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
well now every mainline game has a playable villian, took them long enough

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I didn't recognise Rinoa at all. Wow.

Wonder if FF7's Remake Safer Sephiroth will look like that.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ardyn wasn't in the leak was he? Interesting.
Indeed he was not. Zack and Vivi are the only remainder non-veteran characters from the Datamine.

But Ardyn makes a ton of sense considering a lot of the recent additions have been giving villains to the series that lack them.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indeed he was not. Zack and Vivi are the only remainder non-veteran characters from the Datamine.

But Ardyn makes a ton of sense considering a lot of the recent additions have been giving villains to the series that lack them.
Who is left of the veterans out of interest? Laguna, Prishe and Gilgamesh? Did we get Zack already? Sorry for the bombardment XD

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
The level of post-launch support this game is getting is really weird considering how I was basically never able to get a full online match going for it in my region.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
He looks cool.

But until he's in a proper Dissidia game, it hardly matters to me.

At least they have all the models now for a reworked sequel.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
The level of post-launch support this game is getting is really weird considering how I was basically never able to get a full online match going for it in my region.

I have heard before that the arcade version of the game is more than popular enough to warrant it. I guess once it's been made for the arcade game, porting to PS4 is cheap and easy compared to other games getting their DLC made from scratch just for console versions.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
...That looks nothing like the Rinoa I remember. That's quite a departure. Also doesn't really look like Amano's style either.

Zerokingx

Oct 29, 2017
...That looks nothing like the Rinoa I remember. That's quite a departure. Also doesn't really look like Amano's style either.
its based on this design
latest

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Ardyn isn't the best villain now that Emet-Selch exists, but it's good that he got in

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

It's really not getting that much support - they completely stopped adding story missions and they only ever port over arcade additions. The extra costume sets are priced exorbitantly high. No new stages were released in 2019.

I was hoping they'd "relaunch" it with cross platform support and dedicated servers, but NT basically just exists to shake money out of the pockets of impulse buyers and whales at this point.

Wait, there's 1 on 1 fights now?

I thought NT was only 3 vs 3?

they always preview new characters in the 1 on 1 training mode

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, awesome. I hope Darin De Paul returns for the English vouceover.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. I didn't want to have to play this again but they got me and my money for this

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
It's really not getting that much support - they completely stopped adding story missions and they only ever port over arcade additions. The extra costume sets are priced exorbitantly high. No new stages were released in 2019.

I was hoping they'd "relaunch" it with cross platform support and dedicated servers, but NT basically just exists to shake money out of the pockets of impulse buyers and whales at this point.
I mean no offense to actual fans of the game, but at this point I'd rather see it fizzle out completely so that maybe a proper follow-up to the Dissidia PSP games gets made :x

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I mean no offense to actual fans of the game, but at this point I'd rather see it fizzle out completely so that maybe a proper follow-up to the Dissidia PSP games gets made :x

I wouldn't mind a Dissidia with heavy RPG elements, personally, but this game has a ton of potential that is being squandered because it takes like half an hour to play one match online and then it runs at 2 frames per second because one guy's router is actually a drinky bird.

When you're actually playing matches and getting kills it's incredibly fun.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Ardyn looks really cool!

Safer Sephiroth looks great too. Glad to see them still supporting the game.