• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
I might be fortunate but I haven't felt that my son or his entire class have suffered academically after a year of online learning. I feel that the only thing lacking is social interactions. He's 4 year old btw so it's probably a lot easier. But it is surely better than having to deal with the constant anxiety of maintaining social distancing and wearing masks in school. The teachers also agree with this.

I haven't seen any study that focuses on the mental toll and long term mental health issues that students and teachers alike face in this kind of environment if they're forced to go back to in person learning despite the health risks. Seems like a lot of these studies like to argue that shoving people back to school is somehow better despite the health and mental risks they all will clearly face.

charmeleon

Oct 25, 2017
Having family die due to spreading coronavirus will have long term effects too, also no one knows the long term effects of having coronavirus a rather large amount of people seem to be having long term effects.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have to teach hybrid for my high schoolers, who in theory are getting work that should be more adaptive to online learning. The thing is though, with having to split my attention between in-person students and students at home, it's impossible for me to check in with everyone and make sure that things are going well. Students at home have a tendency to check out and not pay attention as well.

It would be easier for all of us, honestly, if we were all online at the same time. I could take advantage of the format as I've learned how to adapt to it. Instead, I can't take advantage of in-person or online education.

They also keep telling us that there's no spread in school, but that feels like BS to me. I feel like once the UK variant takes hold it's going to spread like wildfire in the schools.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I have to teach hybrid for my high schoolers, who in theory are getting work that should be more adaptive to online learning. The thing is though, with having to split my attention between in-person students and students at home, it's impossible for me to check in with everyone and make sure that things are going well. Students at home have a tendency to check out and not pay attention as well.

It would be easier for all of us, honestly, if we were all online at the same time. I could take advantage of the format as I've learned how to adapt to it. Instead, I can't take advantage of in-person or online education.

They also keep telling us that there's no spread in school, but that feels like BS to me. I feel like once the UK variant takes hold it's going to spread like wildfire in the schools.
The people who say there's no spread in school are, and always have been, wilfully ignorant.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It takes a lot of engagement from parents and understanding that you will have to be a part-time teacher especially with younger kids. I believe parents should be tuned in to their children's education regardless the situation but more so with online classes.

Tough situation for single parents crunched for time or parents working long hours to keep things afloat.
Our son is in first grade now and yeah, my wife is pretty much a part time teacher while I work weekdays. It sucks hard because we can see the despair in him every time we have to start school each morning and it's just staring at the screen all day. Doubly so because this is a critical time when he's learning how to read and write.

I'm sure that's the case with millions of others in this country.

Doing the best we can but this shit is ROUGH. Everyone needs to get vaccinated asap.

WizardofPeace

Oct 27, 2017
Currently in clinicals for nursing school and weve been doing all online learning. Doing wound care on a towel just recently... Ya i can confidently say ill be hella anxious when it comes time to do those things for real. Its just not the same.