• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...g-direct-live-action-pinocchio-disney-1086772

Jiminy Cricket! Walt Disney Studios has found a director for its live-action reimagining of Pinocchio.

Paul King, helmer of the whimsical and acclaimed Paddington movies, has been chosen to direct the movie, with the studio hoping to being production in the fall.

Chris Weitz and his Depth of Field partner Andrew Miano are producing. Jack Thorne, who penned the surprise hit Wonder, is rewriting the script.

Sam Mendes was initially slated to direct the project but left last year. Peter Hedges and Weitz previously worked on the script.

First Paddington, then Wonka, now Pinocchio? The man's coming for your childhood whimsy.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they would announce a live action sword in the Stone and Pinocchio movie before a live action Little Mermaid.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea something tells me modern Disney will not live up to Disney Disney.

I mean that cigar scene... Fantastic.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
We already had a live action sequel

220px-Pinocchios_Revenge.jpg

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wasn't there another rumor about him helming a new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

Regardless, I'm sure he's wanted for lots of movies right now. Deserved.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Go watch both Paddington films. Some of the best family films released in the past few years.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Go watch both Paddington films. Some of the best family films released in the past few years.

Paul King also wrote and directed Bunny and the Bull, a delightfully quirky little comedy movie.

I'm really that Paddington has helped his career rocket off, with Paddington 3, the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and this all vying for his attention.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I'm torn. I'm not a fan of Disney CGI remakes at all, but Paddington was so good and I heard the 2nd one was even better. Gaaah.

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
Between this and the upcoming Willy Wonka, I'm very happy for Paddington's director. Kinda hope the donkey transformation won't be as scary in this, though . . . I still have to fast forward that scene.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope he has a hand in rewriting these scripts as well. Paddington was dope (and I assume the second is as good or better) but he shaped those from their inception

With this Wonka and Pinnochio stuff he's jumping on board other ppls work. I hope he keeps up his whimsical direction.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Paddington 2 was one of the best movies i have seen in years.

But...this is another fucking disney live action remake. How am i supposed to feel????

cervanky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad they're pushing these out one after the other like this because it means this remake torment will be over sooner rather than later. I'm sure Frozen's lined up to be remade last to capitalize on the adult Generation Z nostalgia.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Can't fault their choice. Paddington 2 was one of, if not the, best films of last year. Interesting to see their choice of writer given that he's traditionally worked on hard, adult drama.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Nationals Theatre's stage show of Pinocchio wasn't as amazing as War Horse but still great. I don't know Paul King outside of the Paddington movies so I don't know how welded he is to that style and how he would do darker materials.

Hank Hill

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the few remakes I want to see.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
For those hoping that King will come back to direct Paddington 3, you might get your wish; reports state that King has left the project.

According to Seamus McGarvey (cinematographer who he says was King's pick to be DP), King left due to family reasons.

King's departure marks the second time the Pinocchio remake had a director brought on-board, only for them to leave before production began (Sam Mendes was the first director approached).

e: In retrospect, I probably should had made a new thread instead of necro-bumping an old one.