• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand why does this exist

On the other... maybe its ok? It's not like the Rock and Emily are bad

Dec 31, 2017
That doesn't just remind me of the 90s Mummy.

Including other trailers some scenes appear to be lifted wholesale.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely nothing here is clicking with me... except that theme at the end. It's got potential.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Give me more movies based off of Disney attractions please.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I had hoped for a little bit more old school adventure charm, but it seems like they pulled out all the CGI-stops for some fake feeling set pieces. Shame.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Makes me think of Pirates of the Caribbean but without the interesting main character

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
It has more The African Queen vibes than I thought. I could watch it on Disney+.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
I assume they'll be tweaked/finalized before release but wow some of those effects shots look off. The "So what are you doing out here?" snippets at the beginning are near prequel-levels of green screen compositing.

Other than that looks okayish. Blunt's brother is still barely seen so who knows how Disney will end up handling him.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
What the hell accent is Jessie Plemons aiming for?!

TBH I'm not going to be too down on it as Johnson's films are usually pretty watchable and I really enjoyed Jumanji even though the trailer made it look really average.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What the hell accent is Jessie Plemons aiming for?!

USS_Callister.gif

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously it would be a death blow to box offices and Disney's money but I'm just ready for Disney's movies to rerelease on Disney plus.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
That CGI looked a bit rough at the end there.

Also lmao at them basically hiding Jack Whitehall's character. I wonder why..🤔

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Well, that looks bad and forgettable. Kind of reminds me of the bad movies we would get in the early 00s.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Looks like an attempt to recapture the magic of PotC, but without of any of the, well... magic.

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
When the CGI snake popped out of the dudes face I had to rewind it and see it again. It looked so terrible, I hope the poor CG artists gets to tighten the effects up because they look even rougher than usual.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Absolutely nothing here is clicking with me... except that theme at the end. It's got potential.

I think so too - it's been a long time since we've got a memorable adventure movie film score. Fingers crossed.

I had hoped for a little bit more old school adventure charm, but it seems like they pulled out all the CGI-stops for some fake feeling set pieces. Shame.

Yep, sadly it looks like everything is CGI. Would have liked them going practical a lot more.