• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 5, 2017
Movies:
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • A Bug's Life
  • A Goofy Movie
  • An Extremely Goofy Movie
  • Aladdin
  • Bambi
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Big Hero 6
  • Brave
  • Captain Marvel
  • Cars
  • Cars 2
  • Cars 3
  • Cinderella
  • Coco
  • Fantasia
  • Finding Dory
  • Finding Nemo
  • Free Solo
  • Frozen
  • Hercules
  • High School Musical
  • Honey I Shrunk the Kids
  • Inside Out
  • Iron Man
  • Iron Man 3
  • Lady & The Tramp
  • Mary Poppins
  • Moana
  • Monsters Inc.
  • Monsters University
  • Peter Pan
  • Pinocchio
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
  • Ratatouille
  • Remember the Titans
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
  • Star Wars: A New Hope
  • Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
  • Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
  • Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
  • Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  • Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
  • The Good Dinosaur
  • The Incredibles
  • The Incredibles 2
  • The Jungle Book
  • The Lion King
  • The Little Mermaid
  • The Princess Diaries
  • The Rocketeer
  • The Sword in the Stone
  • Thor: The Dark World
  • Toy Story
  • Toy Story 2
  • Toy Story 3
  • Tron
  • Up
  • Wall-E
  • Zootopia
  • 100 Various Disney Channel Original Movies
TV
  • Forky Asks a Question
  • High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
  • Marvel's Hero Project
  • SparkShorts
  • The Simpsons (Seasons 1-30)
  • The World According To Jeff Goldblum
  • The Mandalorian
  • Disney Channel (5,000 episodes of various shows)
  • 250 hours of National Geographic shows
So The Force Awakens is on this list, but The Last Jedi isn't? Does that seem a little weird?

Nov 5, 2017
Presumably waiting for the Netflix deal to expire. Solo isn't there either.

So, this is weird. I was doing some light research on this deal and it seems that these movies will be returning to Netflix in 7 years time and be removed from Disney+?

Here is what the Bloomberg report states:

Of the 10 most popular licensed programs on Netflix, at least eight will be on the streaming service for years to come, according to the people. "Grey's Anatomy," "The Walking Dead" and a slate of shows from the CW network, including "Riverdale" and "Supernatural," will stay on Netflix for as long as they remain on the air — and then for three to six years after that, said the people. That means they will be on Netflix until at least 2023, and probably well past that.

And when the big Marvel, "Star Wars" and Pixar films return to Netflix in a few years, they'll disappear from Disney's own online service, according to the people.

If this is correct, has there been any developments since this report about this impending removal of the catalog movies from the service?

This is just insane...

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So, this is weird. I was doing some light research on this deal and it seems that these movies will be returning to Netflix in 7 years time and be removed from Disney+?

If this is correct, has there been any developments since this report about this impending removal of the catalog movies from the service?

This is just insane...

I haven't heard about that but if that's the case I could see Disney and Netflix coming to an agreement ($$$) and Disney getting out of their deal. That's just a guess tho. It would benefit Disney because they want to be the only place with their content. It would benefit Netflix because once the movies are gone they won't really have gained anything, they are better off getting paid and investing that right away into their own IPs/projects.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I signed up but the deal is kinda "meh" taking four months off for a year won't be that tough to do, only issue will be future price increases that will probably happen.

Babyshaq90

Oct 28, 2017
I signed up to be a general member but I didn't get that special offer. I would imagine it takes a few minutes to show up correct?

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I signed up but the deal is kinda "meh" taking four months off for a year won't be that tough to do, only issue will be future price increases that will probably happen.

It's not 4 months though; it's closer to 6 months. This deal is about the same price as 20 months of Disney+ which is 6..6 months a year cost at normal rate.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

This is just insane...

At D23 Expo they said the stuff on Disney+ is on there permanently, which contradicts that article.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Just wondering if anyone got confirmation emails saying you're subbed. I bought in the other day but was just on the site and didn't notice where it even says you have have it. After buying it I definitely remember getting a screen where it said "See you in November" or something and I was charged on my card for sure. I just don't see any indication of it on my account.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just wondering if anyone got confirmation emails saying you're subbed. I bought in the other day but was just on the site and didn't notice where it even says you have have it. After buying it I definitely remember getting a screen where it said "See you in November" or something and I was charged on my card for sure. I just don't see any indication of it on my account.
I got one immediately after subbing. I don't think you're the only one who has had some weirdness with emails not showing up or coming late though.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I both want and don't want to do this. I know I'll sub to D+, but I already sub to Hulu and we watch enough sports that having ESPN+ would be good, too. So in the long run, just doing month to month with the bundle deal and being able to drop our currently Hulu sub will still be cheaper than this.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I both want and don't want to do this. I know I'll sub to D+, but I already sub to Hulu and we watch enough sports that having ESPN+ would be good, too. So in the long run, just doing month to month with the bundle deal and being able to drop our currently Hulu sub will still be cheaper than this.

Yeah that's the gamble. Especially if you are okay with Hulu w/ads and ESPN+ so the bundle makes sense. Also the cost of the bundle will likely rise by next year

But there's been rumblings that Disney might have some sort of bundle discount for FC members.

For us, even if there isn't a bundle discount, we use Hulu with no ads, so it still would be a deal breaker

Today is the last day to sign up to D23, if you do decide to change your mind. Tomorrow is the last day to get the deal

Last edited:

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017

My biggest issue with that bundle deal is that you can't bundle the no-ads Hulu subscription. Is that still accurate?

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Probably gonna pull the trigger on this today.

Only thing is, I sub to Hulu already and wanted to bundle the two together since it's a bit cheaper that way. Will there be no option to do that if I get this 3 year sub locked down?

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Probably gonna pull the trigger on this today.

Only thing is, I sub to Hulu already and wanted to bundle the two together since it's a bit cheaper that way. Will there be no option to do that if I get this 3 year sub locked down?

It hasn't been officially announced if there will be special bundle pricing for FC members, but I read some reports from D23 expo folks that CMs told them somethjng was coming in regards to that.

So that is 3rd hand information.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018

Yes I got one after subbing that also served as a receipt. It's basically three years for a few bucks over the price of two years, I couldn't not do it.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
When can we expect to see a rapid roll out of their shows? This almost feels similar to how you purchase a next gen console on the day of release, but end up having to wait 18 months before any of the good games are available.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I went ahead and bought this, then I realized I probably should've waited since they won't be releasing an entire season at once. It would've worked out better waiting for them to wrap up a few shows and then binge through a few for a month and then cancel. Oh well.

Why would you need to talk a spouse into making a $150 dollar purchase? It's not like you were buying a car or refrigerator.
Budgets. People still have them.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Apparently even though the cut off was 9/1 for D23 membership, I've seen reports that people signed up today and got a redemption code. So if your looking to hop in, might be worthwhile to jump on this

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I informed my dad days ago to sign up to D23 to get this discount. Unfortunately, after talking with him today he informed me that he forgot to do it.

Now it's too late to sign up if we'd have to wait 36 hours for a link to the discount. =/

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I informed my dad days ago to sign up to D23 to get this discount. Unfortunately, after talking with him today he informed me that he forgot to do it.

Now it's too late to sign up if we'd have to wait 36 hours for a link to the discount. =/

Some people were saying they signed up for D23 today and also got the redemption link. Might be worthwhile

Katamari

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm curious about the deal about the missing MCU films. I get Spider-Man, Hulk and the recent ones on Netflix. But who has the rights to all the other films and when will they show up on Disney+?

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Why would you need to talk a spouse into making a $150 dollar purchase? It's not like you were buying a car or refrigerator.

We wouldn't you want to talk to your spouse about $150? If both of you are off making $150 purchases all month without talking to each other about it, most people are gonna go broke pretty quick.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm curious about the deal about the missing MCU films. I get Spider-Man, Hulk and the recent ones on Netflix. But who has the rights to all the other films and when will they show up on Disney+?

Films not appearing are due to contracts with different streaming/cable providers.

Like Iron Man, will likely be there day one, but Iron Man 2? It's available on prime video and epix

I want to say Star Wars was tied up with TNT or TBS, but Disney paid a fee (150 million?) so they could have it all day one