• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, interesting, I thought this would have all their Disney XD/Channel/Jr. stuff day and date, but I guess they have to throw cable companies a bone still?
Yea. I think it's a combination of that and they don't want to put everything out all at once you know?

They want to release brand new content, relatively recent content, and classic/cult favorite content at a decent rate, to keep subscribers interested and to try and appeal to new subscribers. Hopefully that makes sense?

Basically what I'm saying is new content added monthly looks better than everything out on the service at once and new content trickling in.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Yea. I think it's a combination of that and they don't want to put everything out all at once you know?

They want to release brand new content, relatively recent content, and classic/cult favorite content at a decent rate, to keep subscribers interested and to try and appeal to new subscribers. Hopefully that makes sense?

Basically what I'm saying is new content added monthly looks better than everything out on the service at once and new content trickling in.

Oh, I totally understand, but they produce so much new content just for their cable channels that if they put everything there day one they would still have a ton of new content coming in regularly. I understand not putting all of, say, Wizards of Waverly Place on at once or something, I just figured the new new stuff would be day and date, if at the very least to sync the merchandising up. Like if they made Descendants 4, I would've expected it to be on the service right away.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
Not really unless Disney will start the practice of removing an episode after it premiered or season has aired. If that is the case, I'm not even going to bother.

But if weekly...after 4-8 weeks since Mandalorian has been out, sign up and watch them all at once. Cancel and repeat for Cassian. Cancel and repeat for Obi. $21~ vs $140+ is no contest.

If you're only it in for SW or Marvel, I suppose.

Personally with both of those, I'd be turning it on so much, plus I want to be able to discuss weekly with friends and coworkers in both cases. It'll be like GOT and you won't want to not be able to have the water cooler convos

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
lol people are going to be mad on launch day when they sign in and see 4 MCU movies.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
If you're only it in for SW or Marvel, I suppose.

Personally with both of those, I'd be turning it on so much, plus I want to be able to discuss weekly with friends and coworkers in both cases. It'll be like GOT and you won't want to not be able to have the water cooler convos

Never seen GOT, my work usually talks about our Fantasy Movie League and music more than TV shows tbh.

Also, are there weekly shows they are adding that aren't SW/Marvel? Honestly, I am only in it for Star Wars. Sure, I will probably catch up on Duck Tales cartoon when I come back but not enough for me to constantly watch from it.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still on the fence. On one hand, it'll have countless hours of entertainment, and there will be Disney movies/shows for my kid to watch over the next 3 years. No more having to scour Netflix for the few not terrible kids programming they have available. On the other hand, I don't like being locked into anything for more than a year.....
Don't look at the term; look at the cost. Three years of this is still $27 cheaper than one year of Netflix. It's $63 less than a year of Netflix if you add in 4K/HDR. If you paid full price, it would be the cost of 20 months of service at full price. You have a kid too, which should make it even easier to jump on.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
saw this launch list making the rounds, of movies and shows from the back catalog that will be there day 1. Stuff missing from the list - like a huge chunk of MCU movies, The Last Jedi, etc - will trickle in as deals Disney/Marvel/etc have made with other streaming services expire.

Day one film library highlights, official list from Disney

101 Dalmatians
A Bug's Life
A Goofy Movie
An Extremely Goofy Movie
Bambi
Bao
Big Hero 6
Born in China
Cars
Fantasia
Finding Dory
Finding Nemo
Free Solo
Frozen
Fun and Fancy Free
Hercules
High School Musical
Honey I Shrunk the Kids
Inside Out
Iron Man
Lady and the Tramp
Lilo & Stitch
Mary Poppins
Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas
Moana
Monsters University
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Pixar Short Films Collection Vol 1
Ratatouille
Remember the Titans
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope
Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Steamboat Willie
The Good Dinosaur
The Incredibles
The Little Mermaid
The Parent Trap (1961)
The Prince & The Pauper (1990)
The Princess Diaries
The Rocketeer
The Sorcerer's Apprentice (short)
The Sword in the Stone
The Three Caballeros
Thor: The Dark World
Toy Story
Tron (1982)
Up
Wall-E
Zootopia

Day one TV library highlights, official list from Disney

Amazing Planet
Andi Mack (seasons one-three)
Boy Meets World
Brain Games
Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan
Dr. K's Exotic Animals
Dr. Oakley Yukon Vet
Drain the Ocean
DuckTales (1987)
DuckTales (2016, season one)
Earth Live
Goof Troop
Great Migrations
Howie Mandel's Animals Doing Things
Kim Possible
Malcolm in the Middle
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (animated series)
Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man (animated series)
Mickey and the Roadster Racers (seasons one and two)
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Mickey Mouse Shorts
One Strange Rock
Raven's Home
Rocky Mountain Animal Rescue
Star Wars Rebels
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (series)
That's So Raven
The Incredible Dr. Pol
The Simpsons
Unlikely Animal Friends
Wicked Tuna

These are the new series/movies that I believe are confirmed to be available day 1 as well
Mandalorian - 10 episodes, but only first one at launch I believe
The World According to Jeff Goldbum
High School Musical the Musical
Marvel's Hero Project (reality show)
Forky Asks a Question (Toy Story 4 short series spinoff)
Lady and the Tramp live action remake movie starring Tessa Thompson and Justin Theroux

No Bedknobs & Broomsticks?!

I'm sure over time they'll add more seasons as well as other classic shows like Tale Spin!

I will cancel immediately if they ever add Bonkers. That show sucked.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I will cancel immediately if they ever add Bonkers. That show sucked.
source.gif

i need this

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up splitting the cost with 3 people so for 3 years, we're all paying a little over $40 bucks. Can't beat that

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up splitting the cost with 3 people so for 3 years, we're all paying a little over $40 bucks. Can't beat that
I'm going to wait and see what they mean by cracking down on account sharing by teaming up with charter means before I even share it with my parents. Rather not lose a 3 year $150 sub because of it.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm going to wait and see what they mean by cracking down on account sharing by teaming up with charter means before I even share it with my parents. Rather not lose a 3 year $150 sub because of it.

Yeah. I mean I get saving money but man it's such a good deal anyway, and they'd be totally justified in just keeping your money and banning the account if there are any shenanigans. Hopefully you guys at least live close to each other.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Just a reminder who are still thinking about the deal, you have two days to sign up for D23 (and 3 days to sign up for the FOunders Circle). You must sign up for D23 by Sept 1st.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Payday, so I decided to get it, with taxes it came out to $160 but I won't be the only one using it so I'm okay with it.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Another reminder that the sign up for D23 must be done by 9/1, founders circle is 9/2. If you are thinking about it, I'd get it done sooner rather than later

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Signed up fur General and waiting for link. Kept trying to decide over the Hulu deal since it's only about $2 cheaper a month. But we don't care about ESPN, and there is a chance the price for hulu add-on could change in 3 years.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
I signed up after debating it for a while. I am interested in it mostly for The Simpsons, but The Mandalorian and Jeff Goldblum's show both looking pretty impressive. I hope they add more Marvel movies shortly after launch because the starting line-up isn't massive.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
I got it. 140 too good to pass up for that sweet Star Wars/ Marvel content. I pay 15.99 for UHD Netflix. So the value is there. Everything else like simpsons and Disney animation is gravy.

The 12 bucks for Hulu+ Espen is also enticing but I already have Hulu and I barely watch stuff on it besides anime and old shows.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I am still on the fence because the starting line up just doesn't have that much our family cares about. The fact that 100% of Disney Channel shows and movies aren't on there day 1 is weird. The content is already available on demand/rent/DVD so it's not like they need to rework it first.

taro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the type to cycle through subs for a month when new content appears, but I jumped on this soon after it was posted. With a 4yo that loves most Disney shows and my adoration of The Simpsons, this was an easy choice. I also sent the info to my friends and at least 4 of them have signed on too.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Where is the starting line up?

Movies:
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • A Bug's Life
  • A Goofy Movie
  • An Extremely Goofy Movie
  • Aladdin
  • Bambi
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Big Hero 6
  • Brave
  • Captain Marvel
  • Cars
  • Cars 2
  • Cars 3
  • Cinderella
  • Coco
  • Fantasia
  • Finding Dory
  • Finding Nemo
  • Free Solo
  • Frozen
  • Hercules
  • High School Musical
  • Honey I Shrunk the Kids
  • Inside Out
  • Iron Man
  • Iron Man 3
  • Lady & The Tramp
  • Mary Poppins
  • Moana
  • Monsters Inc.
  • Monsters University
  • Peter Pan
  • Pinocchio
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
  • Ratatouille
  • Remember the Titans
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
  • Star Wars: A New Hope
  • Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
  • Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
  • Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
  • Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  • Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
  • The Good Dinosaur
  • The Incredibles
  • The Incredibles 2
  • The Jungle Book
  • The Lion King
  • The Little Mermaid
  • The Princess Diaries
  • The Rocketeer
  • The Sword in the Stone
  • Thor: The Dark World
  • Toy Story
  • Toy Story 2
  • Toy Story 3
  • Tron
  • Up
  • Wall-E
  • Zootopia
  • 100 Various Disney Channel Original Movies
TV
  • Forky Asks a Question
  • High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
  • Marvel's Hero Project
  • SparkShorts
  • The Simpsons (Seasons 1-30)
  • The World According To Jeff Goldblum
  • The Mandalorian
  • Disney Channel (5,000 episodes of various shows)
  • 250 hours of National Geographic shows

FlexMentallo

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
I finally got the redeem offer on my account page but it just goes to the Disney+ preview page. I am on vacation so must be something to do with having an Aussie IP and I won't be back in the US before the offer runs out. Boo!