• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
oh hey I finally got my email offer for the deal... about 28 hours after I bought the deal :P

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I signed up yesterday and got the deal today. My family is looking forward to this streaming service more than any other.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I just joined D23 as a general member. I don't see the My Account thing. Is there some grace period before I can sign up?

Edit:
Just saw that it can take up to 36 hours after sign up. :/

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What ages are your kids/family?

My son is 9 and he's in for just about everything, but especially the animated movies. My wife is a big Star Wars fan and wants to see Mandalorian and all of Clone Wars. I'm in for Mandalorian, a full Simpsons watch through (which will take me two years TBH), and the new Marvel shows when they arrive. All three of us love old school movies like Bedknobs, Mary Poppins, and the Jungle Book.

We currently watch Netflix exclusively because I don't want my kid watching ads and I can't stand them. This will compliment that perfectly.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I redeemed the offer. I feel like a bit of a chump because I was on the fence about if I was going to subscribe to D+ at all and now here I am with a 3 year sub. Kinda bonkers but the weird mix of FOMO and wanting a deal got me. I'm hoping the 4K offering is good because I have a 4K TV and don't even pay for 4K Netflix and feel like I never get my money out of the thing.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
My son is 9 and he's in for just about everything, but especially the animated movies. My wife is a big Star Wars fan and wants to see Mandalorian and all of Clone Wars. I'm in for Mandalorian, a full Simpsons watch through (which will take me two years TBH), and the new Marvel shows when they arrive. All three of us love old school movies like Bedknobs, Mary Poppins, and the Jungle Book.

We currently watch Netflix exclusively because I don't want my kid watching ads and I can't stand them. This will compliment that perfectly.

Nice. My 9 yo is not really into Disney tv really, but he's right there with us in regards to MCU and Star Wars (first movie in the theater was guardians at 4 years old). Now my daughter is more about the TV mainly doc mcstuffins and princess avalor.

I plan to start rolling out the Disney afternoon with my son (ducktales, darkening Duck etc)

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Think this will be IP locked or anything like that? I'm in the UK but can easily get someone to pay the promo deal and hopefully get streaming the day it's up?

SecondVariety

Oct 29, 2017
Preordering 3 years of a digital streaming service? I clearly need help. I have to credit them for teasing enough content and enough of a "deal" to get me hooked 74 days before launch.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Preordering 3 years of a digital streaming service? I clearly need help. I have to credit them for teasing enough content and enough of a "deal" to get me hooked 74 days before launch.

Plus the pricepoint is cheap enough... I don't think it's an accident that three years is still less than one year of standard Netflix. That is a super compelling argument, at least to me.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready

tumblr_oyj6brv2Zm1tcs0m1o1_1280.gif

SecondVariety

Oct 29, 2017
Plus the pricepoint is cheap enough... I don't think it's an accident that three years is still less than one year of standard Netflix. That is a super compelling argument, at least to me.

Agreed. I was already tempted by the cheap price point. It is certainly a big contrast to the CBS All Access experience.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

heh. There was another person in this thread, who didn't even think they wanted D+ at all, but noted the FOMO and the great deal of the nature they bought in. I think Disney might get some people who are likely 4-6 month per year subscribers for the entire 3 years with such a great discount.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
saw this launch list making the rounds, of movies and shows from the back catalog that will be there day 1. Stuff missing from the list - like a huge chunk of MCU movies, The Last Jedi, etc - will trickle in as deals Disney/Marvel/etc have made with other streaming services expire.

Day one film library highlights, official list from Disney

101 Dalmatians
A Bug's Life
A Goofy Movie
An Extremely Goofy Movie
Bambi
Bao
Big Hero 6
Born in China
Cars
Fantasia
Finding Dory
Finding Nemo
Free Solo
Frozen
Fun and Fancy Free
Hercules
High School Musical
Honey I Shrunk the Kids
Inside Out
Iron Man
Lady and the Tramp
Lilo & Stitch
Mary Poppins
Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas
Moana
Monsters University
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Pixar Short Films Collection Vol 1
Ratatouille
Remember the Titans
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope
Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Steamboat Willie
The Good Dinosaur
The Incredibles
The Little Mermaid
The Parent Trap (1961)
The Prince & The Pauper (1990)
The Princess Diaries
The Rocketeer
The Sorcerer's Apprentice (short)
The Sword in the Stone
The Three Caballeros
Thor: The Dark World
Toy Story
Tron (1982)
Up
Wall-E
Zootopia

Day one TV library highlights, official list from Disney

Amazing Planet
Andi Mack (seasons one-three)
Boy Meets World
Brain Games
Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan
Dr. K's Exotic Animals
Dr. Oakley Yukon Vet
Drain the Ocean
DuckTales (1987)
DuckTales (2016, season one)
Earth Live
Goof Troop
Great Migrations
Howie Mandel's Animals Doing Things
Kim Possible
Malcolm in the Middle
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (animated series)
Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man (animated series)
Mickey and the Roadster Racers (seasons one and two)
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Mickey Mouse Shorts
One Strange Rock
Raven's Home
Rocky Mountain Animal Rescue
Star Wars Rebels
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (series)
That's So Raven
The Incredible Dr. Pol
The Simpsons
Unlikely Animal Friends
Wicked Tuna

These are the new series/movies that I believe are confirmed to be available day 1 as well
Mandalorian - 10 episodes, but only first one at launch I believe
The World According to Jeff Goldbum
High School Musical the Musical
Marvel's Hero Project (reality show)
Forky Asks a Question (Toy Story 4 short series spinoff)
Lady and the Tramp live action remake movie starring Tessa Thompson and Justin Theroux

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still on the fence. On one hand, it'll have countless hours of entertainment, and there will be Disney movies/shows for my kid to watch over the next 3 years. No more having to scour Netflix for the few not terrible kids programming they have available. On the other hand, I don't like being locked into anything for more than a year.....

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm still on the fence. On one hand, it'll have countless hours of entertainment, and there will be Disney movies/shows for my kid to watch over the next 3 years. No more having to scour Netflix for the few not terrible kids programming they have available. On the other hand, I don't like being locked into anything for more than a year.....

What do you imagine the drawback is of subscribing for more than a year?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I would say if it wasn't Disney, maybe the service shutting down. But this is Disney, This is their future. The costs will only continue to rise.

Right, if this were Moviepass or something like that, totally understood. Even if this somehow fails, they're going to refund you because no way they could take that kind of reputation hit.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
the fact that the shows are weekly definitely hampers the binge and cancel strat
Not really unless Disney will start the practice of removing an episode after it premiered or season has aired. If that is the case, I'm not even going to bother.

But if weekly...after 4-8 weeks since Mandalorian has been out, sign up and watch them all at once. Cancel and repeat for Cassian. Cancel and repeat for Obi. $21~ vs $140+ is no contest.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Finally got my sub paid for. Weirdly enough, they didn't tax me even though I'm from NYC.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man is all of duck tales going to be on there

Right now it'll have the original seasons and only season 1 of the reboot.

I'm sure over time they'll add more seasons as well as other classic shows like Tale Spin! (Hopefully Fillmore! also lol)

And hopefully since Disney owns this content that means it'll never cycle out and it'll always stay on the service once it's added.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018

I'm sure over time they'll add more seasons as well as other classic shows like Tale Spin! (Hopefully Fillmore! also lol)

And hopefully since Disney owns this content that means it'll never cycle out and it'll always stay on the service once it's added.
Thanks, I love the reboot but Im like where can I watch all the episodes. A flight I was on had like an entire season it was crazy.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I signed up for D23 yesterday, didn't get an email for the Disney+ offer so I just went to the site and the redeem offer appeared. Signed up at the base price. So excited!

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

Oh, interesting, I thought this would have all their Disney XD/Channel/Jr. stuff day and date, but I guess they have to throw cable companies a bone still?