• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
if it's not loading in the top right (mine only did now)

0Kvhvo7.png

click the my d23

then membership info
87WE9kY.png

then scroll down to become general member
k0TpKO3.png

which should bring you to the page https://account.d23.com/ if you are already a member and if the deal is there will look like

XkzqE9W.png

on the right side with the left side being your account info.
Apparently I'm dumb. I thought logging into the website with my Disney account was signing up for D23. Thanks for this!

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently I'm dumb. I thought logging into the website with my Disney account was signing up for D23. Thanks for this!
To be fair I thought that was enough as well until I continued digging around yesterday trying to find my account page.

Then I found the general sign up. They do kind of hide it after all the paid ones.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
how long would you sign-up for and pay in advance if you could get more than 3 years?

I think I'd buy at least 6... maybe more.

With this deal repeated? Maybe 6? 9 feels like it'd be a lot of money upfront.

Three years is a really great deal for a bunch of reasons, practically I believe they've announced all their originals for the next three years, so getting this deal basically ensures you get to watch everything announced at the cheapest rate ever.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
With this deal repeated? Maybe 6? 9 feels like it'd be a lot of money upfront.

Three years is a really great deal for a bunch of reasons, practically I believe they've announced all their originals for the next three years, so getting this deal basically ensures you get to watch everything announced at the cheapest rate ever.
You also have to think there is no way the price doesn't go up after a few years.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
The site must be getting hammered right now with people trying to get the deal. I can't even get it to completely load.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Signed up yesterday and just redeemed the offer. Damn you Disney you win again.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I got it.

They really trying to kill Netflix aren't they? I used my Amex so if they pull the plug I'll get a refund.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
OK. I wonder how the "Add Hulu and ESPN to this subscription" will work then for people jumping in with this deal.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
OK. I wonder how the "Add Hulu and ESPN to this subscription" will work then for people jumping in with this deal.

2nd hand information but a D23 expo member asked about hulu/ESPN for founder circle folks with a CM and they mentioned that they were going to do something for those joining FC. Obviously it could be wrong, but i could see a FC discount to add 3 years of Hulu and ESPN

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
I assume the deal isn't dead, just the site is getting hammered. It's supposed to be valid until 9/2, per the site. I'm just going to try again later.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people committing to 3 years of a service they've never tried? This seems a bit nuts to me, even if it is a deal.

Edit: Thinking about it more, I guess hardcore Marvel and/or Star Wars fans know they will be subscribed for a long time. 3 years just seems so long to me. What will the streaming landscape even be in 3 years?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Signed up for D23 yesterday, and the offer was there when I got home today. Subscribed!

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people committing to 3 years of a service they've never tried? This seems a bit nuts to me, even if it is a deal.

Edit: Thinking about it more, I guess hardcore Marvel and/or Star Wars fans know they will be subscribed for a long time. 3 years just seems so long to me. What will the streaming landscape even be in 3 years?

It's $27 less than a year of Netflix. It's $63 less than a year of Netflix with 4K/HDR. It's a pretty no brainer choice especially if you have kids.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017

The content is predictable. You know what you're getting. Even in 3 years, Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, and Marvel will still be Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, and Marvel. It's not like other services that switch content in and out every other month.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

As a parent, 90% of the content my kids watch are Disney related to some form.

Obviously this forum will focus on Star Wars/marvel, but at least as a parent it's the library and Disney programming

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018

It's the entire Disney catalog. It's fine if that doesn't suit your tastes, but how can you not fathom that so many people want to jump on this?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Because people know what the catalog will be.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I redeemed the code, but my card was charged $159.80?? I can't figure out why.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Redeemed the offer. Too good to pass up.

Edit: I wasn't even charged tax...

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
For those that have already been charged.

Once you redeemed the code, did you create your login subscription for Disney+? Or is that held off until the service officially launches?