• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Comes at a bad time, think I'll try to get in on the D+Hulu+Espn thing.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they add a Samsung TV app at or soon after launch. I guess we'll use the xbox until then.
i have LG so im worried.

I just cant see them not releasing TV apps. They will lose out on huge chunk of people. I dont think most people have a Roku. I dont.

If they want to be a Netflix competitor they will have to release on all TV stores.

I like to think this at least

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
i have LG so im worried.

I just cant see them not releasing TV apps. They will lose out on huge chunk of people. I dont think most people have a Roku. I dont.

If they want to be a Netflix competitor they will have to release on all TV stores.

I like to think this at least
I think they'll release it on every platform imaginable given time, but they are going to prioritize the most commonly used ones first.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
hmmmm true.....ill hold out hope. I can do Roku but my TVs are hard wired to internet and would much prefer to use em
If you really need a streaming device the Fire TV 4k is often on sale for $25-$30. Those support pretty much everything.

I just really hope they get the site going again and I can get in on this deal.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
If you really need a streaming device the Fire TV 4k is often on sale for $25-$30. Those support pretty much everything.

pretty much everything... but not Disney +. At least not yet. The Amazon Fire line was conspicuously absent on the list they gave.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

Heh except for now, Fire TVs won't be supported at launch.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's going to be released for Amazon devices until they resolve their differences.

I Cant see this not being on the top 5 TV apps though.

Thats how netflix has done so well. its literally on everything.

Id say a majority of TV users dont use a fire or roku for netflix and hulu. Most sets have apps.

Disney has to.

but its a matter of when probably

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I Cant see this not being on the top 5 TV apps though.

Thats how netflix has done so well. its literally on everything.

Id say a majority of TV users dont use a fire or roku for netflix and hulu. Most sets have apps.

Disney has to.

but its a matter of when probably
I'd like to see some data on app usage between dedicated devices and built in apps. It feels like built in apps have shorter support lifespans which would imply that dedicated boxes are used more often.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see some data on app usage between dedicated devices and built in apps. It feels like built in apps have shorter support lifespans which would imply that dedicated boxes are used more often.
I have a fire TV in the bedroom and I use a roku on it because even though my fire TV is only 8 months old it's absolutely garbage when it comes to apps. (netflix is about the only app on it that runs well)

It was a real shame given how good my TCL with Roku in the living room is.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
how long would you sign-up for and pay in advance if you could get more than 3 years?

I think I'd buy at least 6... maybe more.

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
Signed up for D23 yesterday and still haven't seen the offer show up. I know it can take a bit longer, but I'm still getting nervous.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
3CEqk5p.png

just got through.
went to the join general again to get to my account page and it was sitting there.

you can pay with credit card or paypal, which is nice since my discover card has 5% back on paypal right now.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Huh. I signed up for a general D23 account and don't have the offer on the member info page, anywhere.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
I signed up yesterday and got the offer today. Grabbed the deal since it's too good to pass up. Mom loves Disney's classics and National Geographic. I enjoy Star Wars and Marvel so it works out real good for me.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Yeaaaaaaaaah baby...finally got through (using Firefox as IE wouldn't work and Chrome was being weird as well)

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It says it could take up to 36 hours but might be longer with the system being overloaded. Mine came in less than 12 though.

Good to know. I just called and she told me the 24 to 36 hours but said it can come quicker if you have a account that's older or like if the email is the same that's used in other Disney sites.

I have a Disney site account and the D23 site recognized the email so I signed in using that email but the deal didn't show up for me yet. I originally called to see if I could buy the deal over the phone. No luck.

ieandrew

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is already a pretty price-aggressive service. I'm surprised I'm now in it for $3.91 a month for a period I was already assuming I'd pay $7 for (or more, if it went up after 2 years or something).

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I must be overlooking something cause I can't find a "My Account" section at all

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I must be overlooking something cause I can't find a "My Account" section at all
if it's not loading in the top right (mine only did now)

0Kvhvo7.png

click the my d23

then membership info
87WE9kY.png

then scroll down to become general member
k0TpKO3.png

which should bring you to the page https://account.d23.com/ if you are already a member and if the deal is there will look like

XkzqE9W.png

on the right side with the left side being your account info.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017

0Kvhvo7.png

click the my d23

then membership info
87WE9kY.png

k0TpKO3.png

which should bring you to the page https://account.d23.com/ if you are already a member and if the deal is there will look like

XkzqE9W.png

Thanks. My Account just showed up for me. Thank you for using screenshots to help me out. Just in case, I looked at it through both the way you showed and jumping right into it through My Account but the offer isn't there for me yet. I guess I may just need to wait on this. I just have that paragraph at the bottom.

Try Firefox. I had luck there about 15 min ago
I'm actually using that now and just as the two replies came to me, I went back to refresh and the My Account section was there.

Thanks zulux21 and Bumrush for the help :) I think I'm just playing the waiting game at this point for the offer. Seem to be making some progress.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Good to know. I just called and she told me the 24 to 36 hours but said it can come quicker if you have a account that's older or like if the email is the same that's used in other Disney sites.

I have a Disney site account and the D23 site recognized the email so I signed in using that email but the deal didn't show up for me yet. I originally called to see if I could buy the deal over the phone. No luck.

Good to know. I'd assume they were rolling this out to older accounts or other Disney accounts first

Good summary how to join
OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

0Kvhvo7.png

click the my d23

then membership info
87WE9kY.png

k0TpKO3.png

XkzqE9W.png

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. My Account just showed up for me. Thank you for using screenshots to help me out. Just in case, I looked at it through both the way you showed and jumping right into it through My Account but the offer isn't there for me yet. I guess I may just need to wait on this. I just have that paragraph at the bottom.

I'm actually using that now and just as the two replies came to me, I went back to refresh and the My Account section was there.

Thanks zulux21 and Bumrush for the help :) I think I'm just playing the waiting game at this point for the offer. Seem to be making some progress.
no problem. I have an app installed to grab sectioned shots for that because images can help way more than words :P