• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you eat it?

• Absolutely

Votes: 150 43.6%
  • Hell no

Votes: 148 43.0%
  • Let me get high and/or drunk first and get back to me later

Votes: 46 13.4%

• Total voters

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
TIL peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are a thing

24PEANUT-blog480-v2.jpg

cooking.nytimes.com

Peanut Butter and Pickle Sandwich Recipe

This sandwich does not necessarily need a recipe, given its simplicity But it’s an unlikely pairing, is peanut butter and pickle, and sometimes that is what a recipe is for -- to prod you in a direction that you never considered Dwight Garner, a book critic for The Times, makes a strong case for...

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017

24PEANUT-blog480-v2.jpg

cooking.nytimes.com

This sandwich does not necessarily need a recipe, given its simplicity But it’s an unlikely pairing, is peanut butter and pickle, and sometimes that is what a recipe is for -- to prod you in a direction that you never considered Dwight Garner, a book critic for The Times, makes a strong case for...

lol I just assumed it was some weird thing my friend tried. They honestly work together.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I gagged at the description. Then I saw the picture and shuddered.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I don't get the peanut butter bit, but I would eat the dog itself.

Just going by their regular corn dogs these are probably amazing, because holy shit their corn dogs are fucking amazing.

Best kept secret about visiting Disneyland is the corn dog cart. (southeast corner of Main St Plaza)

Little-Red-Wagon-Corn-Dog-Cart-Disneyland.jpg

When I went there a few years back I pretty much ate here every day. It was beyond compare.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
clickbait, it's battered and fried...very different that frying the pickle itself. looks good enough to try once...

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just a no because I don't like pickles...pick a different thing to stuff it in and I'd probably be down 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Dena844

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'd eat that, just minus the peanut butter. That just seems off and doesn't fit the other flavors.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'd eat that, just minus the peanut butter. That just seems off and doesn't fit the other flavors.
Peanut butter 100% fits with salty and smoky things. Whether it fits with them all together wrapped in fried dough is arguable, but it's not that random. PB and pickle sandwiches are a thing, PB and bacon is a thing. PB goes with a lot of things.

Edit: I actually just want to stress here that PB and bacon is *amazing*

Second edit: PB also goes with very sweet things, like apples and banana and honey. And bland foods like celery. This is now a thread on the miracle that is peanut butter

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Hot dog inside of a pickle and deep fried, ok not the weirdest shit I've heard.

...with a side of peanut butter

SNU4s0y.gif

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
You all have never had peanut butter on a hot dog? I was introduced to that by my grandmother when I was young. Just make a hot dog as you normally would and add the peanut butter to it as a condiment. I challenge you all to try it. It's actually really good.

But that thing in the OP? No thanks. I can't stand pickles.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The peanut butter would make me question my grip on reality but hell yeah I'd eat it

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Honestly the best and tastiest (and decently priced) meal was the grilled cheese and tomato soup at the Jolly holiday Bakery.

I think I may have had that too? I feel like if it was available there's no way I didn't.

I will say that while pound for pound Land has better rides, World has better food. I'm kinda surprised this pickle dog isn't some weird hotdog of the month at Casey's in World.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Peanut butter sounds weird, but I ate a burger with it and it surprising was pretty good

fuck no to pickles tho

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone

24PEANUT-blog480-v2.jpg

cooking.nytimes.com

These are super tasty but triple p sandwiches (peanut butter, pickle and potato chips) are godlike.

I would definitely eat one of these things. Sounds delicious. Those who skip the peanut butter dip are cowards.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would eat the shit out of it, peanut butter an all.
Peanut butter can work really well with savory dishes.
The "Thai peanut sauce" that you get in the US (which AFAIK is not something they actually do in Thailand) is usually peanut butter based and has a pretty peanut butter-y taste to it.
Peanut butter noodles can also be really really good.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
If you haven't had a peanut butter + pickle sandwich you're missing out. Sounds disgusting and I thought so too but that's some good shit. The hot dog is the only part that's questionable but I'd still try it.