• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
My wife will be happy that I'll actually be willing to ride this with her. I couldn't separate the theme from the ride because I knew too much about where it came from.

Watta92

Nov 8, 2019
I never heard of this movie but when i heard the name of the rabbit i was quite surprised. Here in the Netherlands we have a weekly magazine called Donald Duck with comics usually with Donald and family of course but sometimes with different disney characters like mickey or goofy and brer rabbit ( Broer Konijn) is one of these. He lives in duckburgh forest in this version and there is a lot of supporting cast. ( a whole club where the bear and fox are part of and they wanna catch the rabbit) When i was young he was featured quite a lot, I don't know how it is nowadays.

www.donaldduck.nl

Duckipedia - Broer Konijn - DonaldDuck.nl

Broer Konijn kennen we natuurlijk allemaal, maar wist je dat deze listige langoor al een heel lange geschiedenis heeft? Lees maar verder!

as you can see the movie is mentioned on the website ( i was surprised about this). But no mention of the rasicm ( disney probably wouldn't allow that anyway).

still shocked that this character has this kind of history

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
They should make the final lift hill to the drop a magical vortex with projection mapped effects with Facilier at the top and replace the briar patch with a new orleans cemetery.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Isn't this the ride where they had to change the way the baddies caught the protagonist cause the original method was racist as shit?

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
I still believe should be made available to home video, with a contextualizing text or video.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this the ride where they had to change the way the baddies caught the protagonist cause the original method was racist as shit?

Splash Mountain's story itself is a bit of a remix of all the shorts in Song of the South, but yes, the plot thread that would use have otherwise used a tar baby was never implemented in the ride itself, and instead they used a beehive with sticky honey.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
In other news Country Bear Jamboree isn't long for this world, according to insiders on WDWMagic (it's worth avoiding that place at the moment).

blazenumb1

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Sad to see it ago but this was already in the works before the petition. Would have rather had Moana in Disney World as it a little off from Frontierland but Princess and the frog is an under appreciated movie so good to see it get somebody love.

Only ride I wish they would change now is the one is Mexico(Epcot) to Coco. So perfect and makes way to much sense thats it crazy it hasn't happened yet.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Sad to see it ago but this was already in the works before the petition. Would have rather had Moana in Disney World as it a little off from Frontierland but Princess and the frog is an under appreciated movie so good to see it get somebody love.

Only ride I wish they would change now is the one is Mexico(Epcot) to Coco. So perfect and makes way to much sense thats it crazy it hasn't happened yet.

I'd be sort of conflicted on that. I loved Coco. It's the only movie that I think that's even made me cry. But...I'm not sure. Like, I actually really loved El Rio del Tiempo. Sure it was slow and kind of uneventful, and you could easily miss it, but it was so nice and relaxing. I really don't like that it got the Three Caballeros facelift. So like, Coco would probably be better that what it is now, but I kinda want it to just go back to how it used to be, and I feel like Coco could be given something more since its such a small ride, but I still love the ride, but gaaah.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really a fan of Princess and the Frog but it should be far better than the abomination that is Splash Mountain.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I found this on YouTube. It's a video made two weeks ago where it has The Princess and the Frog's Friends on the Other Side playing.

God I hope that song makes it into the ride.

Last edited:

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Cue the onslaught of true, diehard Splash Mountain fans coming to criticize this decision...

The movie is totally inappropriate, and (can only speak for WDW) the ride is amazingly old and outdated. Not only was this decision most likely heavily influenced by current events, but I'm willing to bet they were well aware that a revamp was going to be necessary within the next few years. Plus, I am always happy to see more of the generic rides (in this case I consider it generic because the ride came out almost a decade after they decided not to release the movie on home video, so most of the "defenders" just like the ride) being revamped to be based off their movies. Especially since I do not believe there is any PatF attraction.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018

I really like the 3 Caballeros :(

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I like the fun song and the ride, I am glad they are rethemeing the whole thing to get rid of anything related to Song of the South. They said they planned since last year but I wonder how much they fast tracked the rethemeing since they didn't mention last year in D23. Not that I don't think it won't happen before, it is more like a thing for a few years later.

Splash Mountain is also very popular. People is not gonna happy if the rethemeing took to long during the construction (see Tower of Terror -> GotG: Mission Outbreak). I also hope this doesn't mean they are taking too much budgets from other projects and themed lands to do it because this was due a long time ago.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017

I realize it will probably happen some day but I love the Three Caballeros version in there right now so I will be pretty sad to see it go one day.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was the previous thread about how they should retheme it. Really glad to see that they've decided to do it! Princess and the Frog has some of the best visuals of any Disney movie, and I can't wait to see what Imagineers do with it!

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Not a fan tbh.

It's right that Princess and the Frog gets a ride, but don't take away a classic to do it.
Walt himself that the idea of classics is a bad one. The park should never become a Museum.

on another point I'm so happy this is happening but it it will definitely be a weird fit in Frontierland'S theming.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Might be a weird fit thematically at MK but fits in like a glove at DLR. Guess critter country may need an overhaul or just expand New Orleans Square.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
They should make the final lift hill to the drop a magical vortex with projection mapped effects with Facilier at the top and replace the briar patch with a new orleans cemetery.

With him singing, "Are you ready? ARE YOU— READY?!?!" all the way to the top until the drop with all the friends in the other side's silhouettes all around.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
Might be a weird fit thematically at MK but fits in like a glove at DLR. Guess critter country may need an overhaul or just expand New Orleans Square.
I do wonder if they'll do anything about the Magic Kingdom version, but it was always a strange fit in the first place.

A simple fix would be to rename the entire land, or you could re-theme a lot of the existing Frontierland to something else and build a new Frontierland north of Big Thunder since there's a lot of space. It'll never happen ot course, but it's fun to think about.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I can imagine going up the lift at the end with Facilier's theme blasting in the background "BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM ARE YOU REEEEAAADY!" I love the Brer rabbit themeing on the ride but I actually think this will be better and its also not based off a racist film so its a win win.

Edit, i should really have read the thread, clearly everyone has the same idea. Its so obvious i really hope Disney dont mess it up and not do this.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
Holy cow.

Man Slash Mountain was one of my favorite rides of all time, but I can see why they would make the change.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
This sucks.

Splash Mountain was my favourite ride for a long time and the themeing on it is still outstanding to this day.

I wont even get a chance to ride it again before it's gone. Fuck this.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
So much for the name staying the same:

Update: "New Adventures With Princess Tiana" is the temporary name for the project.

Disney says a name for the attraction will be released at a later time.

There is literally no reason to not keep the name, so hopefully they come to their senses and keep it.

Last edited:

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I've never been a splash mountain fan...in terms of themed rides, it's not the best. In terms of Disney water rides, it's not the best in Florida or California.
I gotta say honestly that nothing of value was lost. As long as that last drop in Orlando is still there, that's all I'm riding it for. There could be no theme as long as that drop is there for all i care.
Been going since I was 3 and I don't think anyone in my family has any attachment to the theming in splash. If they changed POTC or the Indiana Jones ride you might get complaints

That said you gotta keep the splash mountain name. Are they gonna rename space and thunder too?

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Splash Bayou

Really though, they don't need to change the name but I can see why they'd want to.

Nov 1, 2017
If there was ever a time to refurbish Splash Mountain, this is probably the time to do it. Disney gets positive press, reduces the possibility of there being backlash from fans of the ride, and once the parks re-open, it's also a good way of incentivizing people to visit the park again to "experience the original ride one last time".

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Never really cared for Splash Mountain, but hey, nice to see Princess and the Frog getting some more love, and it can become part of New Orleans Square! Guess that just leaves Winnie the Pooh for Critter Country then. XD

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I can imagine going up the lift at the end with Facilier's theme blasting in the background "BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM ARE YOU REEEEAAADY!" I love the Brer rabbit themeing on the ride but I actually think this will be better and its also not based off a racist film so its a win win.

Edit, i should really have read the thread, clearly everyone has the same idea. Its so obvious i really hope Disney dont mess it up and not do this.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
The Disney fan sites are absolutely fuming and it's hysterical. "THEY AIN'T SPENDING NO MORE MONEY AT DISNEY!"

Last edited: