• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Yep, I groaned when I saw this. But just to play Devil's advocate and try to understand Disney's reasoning...

I wonder if Disney is thinking of these as akin to smoking sections: a relief valve for those who'd be inclined to remove their masks anyway. At least now they're consolidated in one place and those who don't want to be exposed (to that extent) can avoid it. And I would assume (hope?) that cast members are enforcing social distancing even more vigorously there.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Are there any pics that show these areas with lots of non-mask wearing people? It's odd every pic shows the areas completely empty. Maybe the report is wrong and there's always been these relaxation zones.

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
sUeh7SZ.png

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
That defeats the whole fucking purpose

Like why even bother setting the park up for social distancing if you're gonna pull this shit

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
And? My post stands. I have no more sympathy for the idiots who go to mass gatherings. If you aren't practicing social distance and wearing masks and gloves, the hell you expect will happen especially in FL right now.
Your post is dumb as fuck and doesn't stand. We don't want these people to get sick because they will go home and spread to people who don't have the opportunity to keep safe. Like essential workers they come into contact with. Or when they get sick and eat up hospital beds and other people die because there's no room.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Yep, I groaned when I saw this. But just to play Devil's advocate and try to understand Disney's reasoning...

I wonder if Disney is thinking of these as akin to smoking sections: a relief valve for those who'd be inclined to remove their masks anyway. At least now they're consolidated in one place and those who don't want to be exposed (to that extent) can avoid it. And I would assume (hope?) that cast members are enforcing social distancing even more vigorously there.

It's basically this. Plus they sanitize these areas a ton.

My local park Kennywood has mask relaxation areas and pretty much all parks do. While the indoor tables are extremely stupid most are socially distanced outdoor areas (think tables with 10 ft of space between them).

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

That's fine and all, but thats not how this virus works. That's not how any of this works.

The park needs to be closed.

Disney is fucking evil with this shit.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any pics that show these areas with lots of non-mask wearing people? It's odd every pic shows the areas completely empty. Maybe the report is wrong and there's always been these relaxation zones.

Yeah every video I've seen of the parks, they're all ghost towns.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Your post is dumb as fuck and doesn't stand. We don't want these people to get sick because they will go home and spread to people who don't have the opportunity to keep safe. Like essential workers they come into contact with. Or when they get sick and eat up hospital beds and other people die because there's no room.
That sounds like you should take it up to Disney and the state of Florida with your anger. You don't like my post then either report it or move on. I already said that idiots going to a Mass gathering during a pandemic deserve the consequences. I stand by my post.

Oct 26, 2017
Hahahaha!
Hahahaha!
I bet even The Onion writers couldn't come with this idea without someone in the room saying: "C'mon guys, this is way too absurd even for us!".

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
WTF?
Give me a break. How many workers that have to wear a mask for 9 hours are given a relaxation station? Boo fucking hoo

Nov 7, 2017
WTF?
Give me a break. How many workers that have to wear a mask for 9 hours are given a relaxation station? Boo fucking hoo
Right? Fuck I'm a nurse that has to wear that shit for almost 12hrs. They probably already have some reprieve when eating or drinking anyway.

if you feel uncomfortable with a mask maybe just maybe it's your fucking mask that's the problem. Buy another one!

sonder

Banned
Mar 18, 2020
wonder if the death count is already priced in. stock must be going up since open right?

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Let them catch the virus. At this point let the shit people catch it when they go these places and handle them consequences. My sympathy is null at this point. Fucking idiots

I dont care about them getting it. But what about all the poor people that get it because of these people ? They all get it then days weeks later put a lot of other people at risk.

Oh also F Disney. I cant believe there are still those that cheer them on ffs just because they make your fav toy.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All the parks have had this since reopening. It makes sense Disney would as well once they opened.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think you've got it mostly right. People need the opportunity to take off their mask for a bit. The parks need a space that allows people to remove their masks that is separate from the restaurants and dining areas. If the park is to be open, they have to provide a mask-free area for people to cool off. As long as the break areas are properly cleaned, distanced, and maintained, I don't really see a big problem with it.....but obviously the way it's implemented is very important.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Relaxing from having a cloth over your mouth and nose...

These people act like their walking the trail of tears ffs.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
That defeats the whole fucking purpose

Like why even bother setting the park up for social distancing if you're gonna pull this shit

No, you see, the polite virus - SARS-CoV-2, how could a legacy be rude?! - will respectfully wait outside the designated relaxation areas. Duh.

PS: Where are the IR-controlled sanitiser dispensers on every table and entry/exit?! Are the pics just too small on my phone to see them?

Deleted member 65106

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 4, 2020
I was so hoping that Disney would keep doing well with the pandemic. They did so good closing down early and paying all their employees who weren't working. But now their goodwill with me is drying up...

Oct 31, 2017
"Free relaxation zone" because all the others are "expensive stress zones".

What a fucking farce.

And I always love the people being like "What about Universal?".