• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Willow’: Disney+ Series Finds Its Director With ‘I’m Not Okay With This’ Co-Creator (Exclusive)

The series returns Warwick Davis to the title role of Willow Ufgood, the heroic apprentice Nelwyn sorcerer of the original film.

Willow, the Disney+ fantasy series based on the 1988 movie, has found a new director for its pilot.

Jonathan Entwistle, known for the well-regarded series The End of the F***ing World and I Am Not Okay With This, has been tapped to direct the pilot for the show that is set after the events of the film.

Jon M. Chu (Crazy Rich Asians) was due to direct the pilot and executive produce but announced Jan. 11 that he was stepping away due to scheduling concerns and an upcoming baby due in the summer.

Entwistle is also exec producing and now joins executive producers and co-showrunners Jonathan Kasdan (Solo: A Star Wars Story) and Wendy Mericle (Arrow). Kasdan wrote the pilot.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
warwick davis is returning, right?

i feel like they've been trying to get this going for a while now

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Why aren't you okay with this?

Bad joke, I'll let myself out.

I thought this project was further along, but if they are switching showrunners still now.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I mean neither of those shows are similar to Willow in tone or genre, but hopefully talent is talent regardless of what he's connected too - and he's a good fit.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was that the one with Elijah Wood as the wanna be badass and the woman from Heavenly Creatures(?)? Really enjoyed that. This will be totally different, but at least the director is competent! We could always have gotten Scott Buck or someone like that.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
reading this headline has made me question if reality has become completely untethered

i am so very down for a willow reboot by the goddamn end of the fucking world guy

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I am okay with seeing this pilot, cause both those shows are bloody fantastic. I know nothing about Willow, I'm in here just because of Entwistle.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I am okay with seeing this pilot, cause both those shows are bloody fantastic. I know nothing about Willow, I'm in here just because of Entwistle.
I just watched it today and it's extremely derivative—you can pick out pieces of famous fantasy works they cribbed from pretty easily. But it's fun and has charm and Warwick is criminally underused even though he's ostensibly the main character.

I think it's a really fertile piece of work to spring new ideas from, and I'm super interested in where they take the new show.

TASTokyo

Nov 8, 2017
Willow was one of my favourite movies as a kid. Will be very interested to see how a reboot is.