• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's better than the recent TV show
It is in the vein of the old Muppets movies and has multiple songs per episode. So basically, staying true to the brand imo. At minimum I'm looking forward to it.

The last most recent one was a failed attempt at making it modern and, uh, Office-ish. Which was weird.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
They're doing a new Muppet series too set right after Muppets Take Manhattan (IIRC). I read the pilot a few months ago, and it's good.

That is great. I also like their previous one season comedy for adults series.

However it is more about childhood memories.

The last most recent one was a failed attempt at making it modern and, uh, Office-ish. Which was weird.

As I said, it was not complete bad. I liked it as an adult but was an odd direction to the series.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It is in the vein of the old Muppets movies and has multiple songs per episode. So basically, staying true to the brand imo. At minimum I'm looking forward to it.

That sounds promising! I'm hoping for the best. I'm still trying to get used to the new performer for Kermit.

I'm shocked they didn't just go for a modern take on the Muppet Show. Muppet's Tonight did that and it was fun, and it gave us Pepe!

Oct 25, 2017
It needs to include the entire Disney library. Every film, every TV show, every short or it's not worth it.
Eh, I've seen every single bit of content on DC Universe multiple times and yet a couple episodes a month of the original content is easily worth a subscription.

Mandalorian will likely justify however many months I need to watch it if it is weekly

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
This seems like an insta-subscribe. Have they mentioned monthly price yet? Wouldn't be surprised if it's anywhere to double of Netflix's.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I said I wasn't going to subscribe.

Then they had to pull this shit. I guess you can take more of my money, Disney.

Spawnsniper

Oct 28, 2017
Disney_-_Brink.jpg

Dont waste my time if this isnt on there.
I'm sure they'll add it...sooner or later..

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
If they manage to do the television stuff as well, they have a real Netflix competitor. Their moves you can buy, but the television stuff is stupid hard to find.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to wait and see what's actually there day one. I'm excited for new stuff as well but again I'll wait and see what's there and what the price will be.

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I doubt it's coming to Europe soon then, as the recent content quotum states that online demand services have to make sure that at least 30 percent of their catalogs in Europe come from European countries (and individual countries can add additional quota for locally produced content).

EDIT: For those who wonder: Netflix and Amazon are currently at ~15-20% according to Variety. They have till september 2020 to meet the 30% goal.

I don't know if Brexit has any impact here, as a lot of European content is from the UK.

Last edited:

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Given the reaction in this thread alone, I imagine that service will print money as long as it doesn't have too many technical speedbumps.

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
I'm just hoping I can get Flight of The Navigator.

Also, don't expect everything to be in 4K. You might get a few, but they're not going to restore everything to 4K off the bat. That's just absurdly expensive.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
That's nice, but like with DC Nation, I WANT to subscribe to the service. But they are not giving the option.
They have a "Keep me up to date" site for various countries for Disney+, so they're at least pondering the option. That's more than e.g. DC Nation or Criterion have.
Lord knows, given the distribution rights and legal situations, if or when Disney+ is actually launching outside the US though.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I'm more concerned about the entire Disney animation TV library.

As nice as it will be to stream A Goofy Movie whenever i feel like it, give me the Disney Afternoon, Gargoyles, Recess, The Weekenders, Kim Possible, Gravity Falls and all of that wonderful catalog, please and thanks.

Oh and when they buy out Hulu and the Fox deal is done, put all of The Simpsons on there and make it available internationally.
Yeah, biggest thing I want is an easy way to stream The Simpsons. I always have problems with the FXX site. And it doesn't auto play the next episode so I can't watch it while I go to sleep. If Disney makes a convienient way to watch The Simpsons, they have my money.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I'd love to see the old Disney shorts since they weren't as readily available as the Looney Tunes shorts. Especially since the DVD sets they've released go out of print quickly and go up HUGELY on eBay.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Give me all the classic animated shorts + Ducktales, Gargoyles and Darwing Duck and I'm there day 1.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
The next 10 years of my life will be subsumed by Disney+ if this includes all of the tv series and stuff like Halloween Town and other disney channel original movies. Holy hell