• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
This is pretty cool. I have Spidey and my sister has X-Men on DVD, but I'm down for a rewatch of the others.
I never watched much F4, and I don't really remember Hulk that much. I've not seen Iron Man or Silver Surfer since they were first aired, but I remember them pretty well.

I watched up to like the first few episodes of season 5 on X-Men, last time I watched it.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
anyone with access to the Disney+ NL trial... how is the quality of the X-Men 92 video?

Cause the iTunes versions are TERRIBLE and i'm worried if these look basically the same. I know it's probably in SD still which is tolerable given the situation but the iTunes version looks like a bad VHS rip.

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wish they'd revive Evolution because I feel MCU XMen will be end up feeling similar to that compared to 90's XMen.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I know it's a Sony show but Disney could throw Sony some money for Spectacular Spider-Man...

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Woo! I loved the x-men cartoon back then. I still remember picking up the limited ed vhs tapes from Pizza Hut!

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These shows aged very poorly, especially Spider-Man. They made me Marvel fans as a kid but they are really pretty bad. Batman TAS this is not.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they're going to get Spectacular Spider-Man on there? I never got to see all of it. I would totally watch that. I might watch select episodes of these classic shows though. Neat that they'll be on there.

Oct 25, 2017
Well they've got my money for a while then

I normally do not do monthly streaming services

Also the Fantastic Four theme song was great back in the day

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Disney doing right by their old Marvel cartoons, lol.

(Spectacular is owned by Sony.)

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I watched most of the 90s Spider-Man when it was on Netflix like 10ish years ago, and it definitely was not great. Admirable ambitions and cool ideas, but yeah no thanks. And it was still better than anything else listed there, lol.

I'll turn on a couple episodes of Amazing Friends though for sure

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These shows suck but I'm glad they're in there. Time to take those rose tinted glasses off like a lot of us already did years ago.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Everything from Fox Kids? Excelsior.

What're the odds we get Earth's Mightiest Heroes and X-Men Evolution?

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah! This is awesome news. I love these old cartoons. I was already going to sign up but now I'm just extra hyped for it.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
The 90s X-men cartoon was borderline gibberish, great for cameos thou

But why?

I don't know. It was my first exposure to Spiderman. As a kid, I thought the story telling was pretty mature and effective and I think Peter Parker in the 94 cartoon is great. To be fair, I've never gone back to the series as an adult, so it's all memories and nostalgia talking.

I've never read the comics, I've only played a couple of games, and I've watched the majority of the movies. I think the Rami Spiderman movies are shit, not only because they are hammy, but also because Tobey Macquire is awful as Peter / Spiderman. The Garfield Spiderman movies are all mediocre to bad, but I at least think Garfield is pretty good as Peter / Spidey. I absolutely loathe the new Marvel Spiderman, in part to Tom Holland, and in part because they feel like the usual boring Marvel factory junk.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

db46ddee7c6a84253c897fb0c255673f.jpg

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
God that Spider-Man 94 cartoon was so bad!!!

I loved it as a kid but damn.

So many reused scenes and odd frame rates.

Then there's this Oscar worthy scene with shocker.

I haven't seen this show in probably 20 years, but holy crap do I remember this vividly. Pretty sure I had this episode recorded on VHS.

Good grief that show was awful.

Oct 26, 2017
Batman: TAS and Spider-Man were my two favorite superhero cartoons as a kid, so excited for Disney+ already, this is just upped it even more.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
I rewatched the 90s X-Men series with my friend around 7 years ago and I still loved it. Lots of unintentional humor and charm.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Spiderman 94 and Xmen 92 were my childhood, I'll definitely watch them again. I tried Xmen Evolution some 4 years ago and didn't make it through the first season, it was terrible. I wonder if I would have liked it if I saw it when it originally aired.