• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

img_13268zjv8.png

img_ns_02t7kul.png

here's the cover art:
easodt1wwaagoewlrkk4.jpeg

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Weird seeing specialized joycons that aren't just colors like the Let's Go or Mario Odyssey bundles. Only Joy Cons I remember with a specialized look was the lazy Smash Ultimate one.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Weird seeing specialized joycons that aren't just colors like the Let's Go or Mario Odyssey bundles. Only Joy Cons I remember with a specialized look was the lazy Smash Ultimate one.

There's also the Dragon Quest XI ones.

The interesting thing (to me, anyway) is that Let's Go is the only retail* bundle thus far with special color joy-cons. The Mario red and Dragon Quest blue joy-cons later became standard colors in at least some markets, and this is using the standard neon purple and neon pink (with special printing, of course). Of course, with now seven neon colors, red, blue, and grey, there really isn't as much of a need to reinvent the wheel, I guess.

*) I know about the cardboard-color Switch bundle given away to winners of that contest.

Last edited:

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
It wasn't until I looked a few times that I realised the Home button is Mickey Mouse. That's cool.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I love what they did with the home button so much I'm disappointed they didn't go all in on cutsifying the capture button.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this is really really good. My partner is going to be so sour that this exists when she really wants a lite

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't release the special edition in the UK.

Otherwise my little one, who loves Tsum Tsum, will literally want it right that second.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no!

My favorite colors have been applied to a pair of cute Joycons!

Even better than the Splatoon melon colors.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Damn it, I have been waiting so long for GameCube Joy cons with orange and purple and we finally get them.

But then they show off this . . . I was a huge Mickey Mouse fan. Bedsheets, curtains, etc. . . Just having that Mickey Mouse head by the home button makes me really want these. It doesn't help that they have that Dragon Quest Switch too, as Dragon "Warrior" was my favorite game series as a kid.

I as tempted to collect all the joy come because I have the cardboard labor ones, but I opted not to. Now I kinda wish I was going for it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if it will be the original Switch hardware or the revised version with better battery life.
revised, of course. the DQ one is a revised unit too. production for normal units has pretty much ended, every thing produced after this point is the revision. one of the reasons the revision exists in the first place is nvidia was stopping the production of the old SoC.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Took long enough for the third Disney game on Switch (not counting Marvel or Star Wars). First outside of Pixar. I love Tsum Tsum, so I'm legitimately hyped for this game.

Don't know if I'll get it day one though as it doesn't seem like a 50-60 dollar game as it seems to be priced at.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
The joy-cons are beautiful. Do special edition joy-cons ever get sold separately?

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YO wtf is this coming to the west!?!! Hahaha I know I know :( but if I import this I should be good since the switch is region free?
you should be fine with the switch itself since it's region free, but the version of the game included only has japanese text so if you want to play the game you'll have to buy another copy.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting the limited edition Switch is on the docksble new Switch and not the Lite

Given the type of game I would have expected the Lite

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I read "Tsun and Tsun".. so I wondered what happened to the Disney princesses xD I was way off the mark ...

treasureyez

Nov 23, 2017
lol, glad to see I'm not the only one with a partner that wants this. Unfortunately I got her a Switch the year it came out :' )

Would be great to see the JoyCons sold separately, but there's been no precedent for that so I won't get my hopes up. They are IMO the nicest looking JoyCons released so far.