• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Seems like Disney is a little insistent on getting things back up and running. Theme parks probably aren't far behind.

wdwnt.com

BREAKING: Disney Springs to Reopen on May 20 at Walt Disney World - WDW News Today

Walt Disney World Resort parks and resorts remain closed, but beginning on May 20, Disney Springs will begin reopening in phases.

The parks and basically a shopping area outside of the parks are not even close to being a similar situation, I wouldn't take that as any indication when the parks are going to be opening up.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
So we're at 1.2 million confirmed cases with 73k deaths related to the Coronavirus.

Meanwhile Orange County Florida has a little over 1k cases and only 30 deaths related to the Coronavirus.

Disney is handling this in the worst possible way when we don't have enough testing to even consider to reopen.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I just don't see how theme parks stay open until there's a vaccine. We're gonna see those areas become hot spots if they reopen and the evidence that they are a major vector for the virus will be too hard to ignore.

Nov 13, 2017
Disney Springs opening is safer than a mall opening. It's an outdoor shopping plaza. With dining limited, I don't see it being ultra packed. Tbh there's not much to do there, but they do have a nice Disney store case you forgot to buy stuff in the park.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
At this point anyone reopening or advocating it is as good as a murderer in my book. You want to go spend a day at a crowded beach, you want to go to Disney? You do not value other human life.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
But do people travel to get there when the parks are closed? I can see it being a place where locals gather.

Tourists likely wont travel to go there, but locals flock to the Springs all the time, has lot of unique popular restaurants and the exclusive disney merch shops are big attractions for people to go venture to.

With the reduced restaurant capacity being put in place of 25% only, theres not really a need to draw in tons of people early, they likely will have to turn many people away from the Springs when it opens cause it's gonna get swamped.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Reading it a second timey take on it is that it looks like Disney are opening Disney Springs but it's the third party shops and restaurants that are opening.

The Disney owned shops might stay closed.

As for opening the parks they might use the boarding pass system like they use on Rise of the Resistance when booking tickets with park entrance time to avoid rope drop crowds.

They could also might a fortune making themed masks.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As for opening the parks they might use the boarding pass system like they use on Rise of the Resistance when booking tickets with park entrance time to avoid rope drop crowds.
Issue with that, is where do all these people then go? They have to hang out somewhere afterwards while they wait. Actually waiting in line (with the 6 feet rule) would likely do better at keeping big groups from forming.

I guess we will see how Shanghai Disneyland does with their measures.

They could also might a fortune making themed masks.
I can only imagine lol

Apr 11, 2020
It is an outdoor shopping mall - but it's often more crowded and compact than the theme parks -

ASD-03192017+-+08.jpg
Also consider though that in total, Walt Disney World has over 30,000 hotel rooms, 409 wilderness cabins, 799 campsites, and 3,293 DVC units... that's a hell of a lot of guests, they've got to go somewhere. From my point of view, it is resort guests filling up Disney Springs. Whenever I've been on vacation to WDW, the last thing I've wanted to do was leave Disney property to go hang out downtown Orlando while Disney have everything there that I should want or need. Right now, the parks, nor the hotels are operating, from what we can tell, probably at least until July. That for sure is gonna drastically take down the number of people that would normally otherwise fill this space.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Related: Universal's Orlando Citywalk (their equivalent of Disney Springs) re-opens May 14th. (2 days from now wow). Nightclubs fully closed. Face masks & Temp check required.

Barely anything is opening right away though. So I'm curious there will be much of a crowd. Other than little shopping & mini-golf, the only restaurants that is opening is Auntie Anne's Pretzels, Bubba Gump Shrimp, Margaritaville, Red Oven Pizza & Voodoo Doughnut.

7a19b20949222c9f833f4c11a9dc9529.png

www.universalorlando.com

Universal Orlando

Universal Orlando Resort

Zedelima

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Related: Universal's Orlando Citywalk (their equivalent of Disney Springs) re-opens May 14th. (2 days from now wow). Nightclubs fully closed. Face masks & Temp check required.

Barely anything is opening right away though. So I'm curious there will be much of a crowd. Other than little shopping & mini-golf, the only restaurants that is opening is Auntie Anne's Pretzels, Bubba Gump Shrimp, Margaritaville, Red Oven Pizza & Voodoo Doughnut.

www.universalorlando.com

Universal Orlando

Universal Orlando Resort
I think its way too soon :(

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, this article is just funny. Disney really does own everything!

www.yahoo.com

Part of Disney World Is Reopening on May 20

Here's what you need to know before you go.

Ngl i could really go for a voodoo donut and red oven.
I really enjoyed Red Oven last time I went (like 3 years ago though lol). Was just at City Walk in Feb and enjoyed Voodoo Donut for the first time. Including the Simpson donut (we bought maybe 8 of those - (we had the meal plan so used it up on those at end)). We were quite good with our donut haul lol

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Here is everything set up currently for security/protective measures/etc. (media day yesterday where they allowed certain people in groups to see how they will handle it)

------------

Very much like Universal City Walk last week. No doubt they both talked with each other on how best to do this.

I watched some streams of City Walk last week, and it seemed to really go well. Everyone seemed, for most part, keep their distance. Mostly everyone kept there mask on (saw 1 person in distance take it off while shopping....). At Margaritville (them at least), they gave you little baggies to put your mask in to put your mask in as you ate.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

www.universalorlando.com

Universal Orlando

Universal Orlando Resort

If everyone is wearing a facecovering, that would actually help. and the temp check. Not only will that help for corona..but for other things as well.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
You can really feel that Disney Magic.

We had a trip planned for the end of June, but this seems like such a bummer of a way to visit. We'll just wait until next summer at this point. Not a big deal really. I'd rather wait until things are settled. Really hoping that vaccine is widely available by then.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Here is everything set up currently for security/protective measures/etc. (media day yesterday where they allowed certain people in groups to see how they will handle it)

------------

Very much like Universal City Walk last week. No doubt they both talked with each other on how best to do this.

I watched some streams of City Walk last week, and it seemed to really go well. Everyone seemed, for most part, keep their distance. Mostly everyone kept there mask on (saw 1 person in distance take it off while shopping....). At Margaritville (them at least), they gave you little baggies to put your mask in to put your mask in as you ate.

I absolutely loathe the TimTracker

Dude got lucky being in the right place at the right time with regards to Disney Vlogging.

He had a video less than 2 weeks ago "Why we won't go to Disney Springs when it reopens"

Then yesterday he goes to Disney Springs because he was "Invited to show the new rules/regulations"

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Man, you couldn't pay me enough to get anywhere near a Disney Parks area until like mid-2021 at the earliest. You're gonna have some real nutters out there.

I absolutely loathe the TimTracker

Dude got lucky being in the right place at the right time with regards to Disney Vlogging.

He had a video less than 2 weeks ago "Why we won't go to Disney Springs when it reopens"

Then yesterday he goes to Disney Springs because he was "Invited to show the new rules/regulations"

I'll never understand this guy and his compatriots. Is this his job? Does he get paid for it? Is Youtube revenue really that good?

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Man, you couldn't pay me enough to get anywhere near a Disney Parks area until like mid-2021 at the earliest. You're gonna have some real nutters out there.

I'll never understand this guy and his compatriots. Is this his job? Does he get paid for it? Is Youtube revenue really that good?

Vlogging is his job. It's a shame Disney actually gave him and his wife media credentials because they are clueless about Disney parks and what not. Couple that with the fact they are just really awful people. If you go through his older videos he does a ton of stuff Disney frowns upon, but he wasn't smart enough to remove from Youtube.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Eh with open air places like this I don't see an issue. Everyone has no problem crowding into grocery stores to shop and touch everything everyone else is touching in close quarters. I just wouldn't go to any of these places cause it's fucking hot as balls and to wear a mask in this weather? NOPE

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Eh with open air places like this I don't see an issue. Everyone has no problem crowding into grocery stores to shop and touch everything everyone else is touching in close quarters. I just wouldn't go to any of these places cause it's fucking hot as balls and to wear a mask in this weather? NOPE

If you actually watch the video someone posted about. TheTimTracker actually states it was more uncomfortable for him to wear his High SPF, ultra-breathable shirt, than to wear a mask outside in 90 degree. He couldn't be more clueless or just a shill to get back outside.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What? Tim & Jenn Tracker are great. I've been watching them the last 2 years. They are generally nice and honest people. This is literally his only video outside from last 3 months at a place like this. They already stated they are not going back to the parks for a little bit. Esp as they have a new baby. You can see that in their videos too, all just home vlogs focusing on the baby and trying to live at home.

Him posting that video is likely to be the lone exception as it's a media event where he could be separate from everyone. He never went to City Walk for example and that opened last week. I saw plenty of vloggers rush to City Walk for example

It's very weird to get all caught up on hating someone just cause they are essentially "popular". They are essentially just 2 (now 3) people just vlogging their life over the last 10 years. And just so happens to include their love of theme parks

It might be. It might not. I know as of a few years ago that he had a different job and would not reveal what he did (as could be a security thing) in a video they did. I think most likely this is there job currently essentially.

Last edited:

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

When you're cracking 100k views per video on a consistent basis for content that can come out at least twice a week and doesn't require too much production or post-production work, then Youtube revenue becomes enough to make a full time job. Each video that manages 100k views gets roughly $1000 if you got decent affiliations and partnerships, which folks that popular have no trouble getting for uncontroversial content. TimTracker can have videos in the millions of views too, so I imagine he is comfortable.

Vlogging theme parks and getting those views means relatively little work (compared to say, Captain Disillusion who puts in a boatload of post-production) for a decent livable income.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
If you actually watch the video someone posted about. TheTimTracker actually states it was more uncomfortable for him to wear his High SPF, ultra-breathable shirt, than to wear a mask outside in 90 degree. He couldn't be more clueless or just a shill to get back outside.

I work in Miami and have to wear a mask in a warehouse with no AC, yea it's no fun. The humidity here in FL, 95 degree weather, it's a sweat sponge on your face and so uncomfortable. I don't want to go anywhere wearing a mask, and would never walk around a theme park in the summer, it sounds like a horrible time.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
When you're cracking 100k views per video on a consistent basis for content that can come out at least twice a week and doesn't require too much production or post-production work, then Youtube revenue becomes enough to make a full time job. Each video that manages 100k views gets roughly $1000 if you got decent affiliations and partnerships, which folks that popular have no trouble getting for uncontroversial content. TimTracker can have videos in the millions of views too, so I imagine he is comfortable.

Vlogging theme parks and getting those views means relatively little work (compared to say, Captain Disillusion who puts in a boatload of post-production) for a decent livable income.

Well dang, time to move to Florida and start a Disney Parks Youtube Channel.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
What? Tim & Jenn Tracker are great. I've been watching them the last 2 years. They are generally nice and honest people. This is literally his only video outside from last 3 months at a place like this. They already stated they are not going back to the parks for a little bit. Esp as they have a new baby. You can see that in their videos too, all just home vlogs focusing on the baby and trying to live at home.

Him posting that video is likely to be the lone exception as it's a media event where he could be separate from everyone. He never went to City Walk for example and that opened last week. I saw plenty of vloggers rush to City Walk for example

It's very weird to get all caught up on hating someone just cause they are essentially "popular". They are essentially just 2 (now 3) people just vlogging their life over the last 10 years. And just so happens to include their love of theme parks

It might be. It might not. I know as of a few years ago that he had a different job and would not reveal what he did (as could be a security thing) in a video they did. I think most likely this is there job currently essentially.

They aren't that great though....Jenn underneath it all is a cutthroat heartless person. That's why she doesn't use Twitter anymore. She would pick fights with people and play the victim having her "fans' defend her.

For someone whose job is to be a themepark vlogger they really don't know much. The average TTT video is him showing the same pile of dirt at a construction site, being confused by Disney price guides because things are color coded and he doesn't read it.

They are putting on a show, if you go back even just 3-4 years ago, they are completely different people. Tim wants you to believe they are simple down to earth people who just happen to live near a themepark. When in reality they are newly rich Florida rednecks who cashed in on being at the right place at the right time.

Go back and find their video where Tim and Jenn sent their fans after someone who used one of TIms photos on Instagram and didn't give them credit, when in reality it was a 8 year old kid who saw the picture thought it looked cool, posted it on Instagram and Universal Studios liked and shared it. They gave such a half ass apology about it, but it shows you Tim is the sort of person who always has to be center of attention.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017

What is sad is that for as long as TTT has been doing vlogging, the only thing that has improved over time is going from SD to HD. Jenn's editing is a mess, and it takes her "allegedly" upwards of 12-14 hours a day to edit one vlog.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
I live real close and used to visit Springs fairly often (only go for the AMC theater now), but that shit gets PACKED. So, unless they take strict measures like closing most parking and enforcing minimal capacity in stores, the place will become a hotbed.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
I live real close and used to visit Springs fairly often (only go for the AMC theater now), but that shit gets PACKED. So, unless they take strict measures like closing most parking and enforcing minimal capacity in stores, the place will become a hotbed.
Yep, I have no idea how they'll make this work. Will be interesting to see.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Also in Orlando

VP Pence & Florida Gov. DeSantis visited a somewhat crowded Beth's Burger Bar in Orlando today. Pence was't practicing social distancing & nobody appeared to be wearing a mask. The pool reporter called it "chaotic" and said many local press, patrons & officials not wearing masks.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Us Floridians are so fucked aren't we? Hoping Disney really diligently enforces distancing and masks here.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also in Orlando

VP Pence & Florida Gov. DeSantis visited a somewhat crowded Beth's Burger Bar in Orlando today. Pence was't practicing social distancing & nobody appeared to be wearing a mask. The pool reporter called it "chaotic" and said many local press, patrons & officials not wearing masks.

God, he such an idiot.

I really wonder how long till we get some sort of "protests" of people not wanting to wear their mask at Disney

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Also in Orlando

smdh like the workers and cooks aren't wearing masks either.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
At some point we're going to have to accept that people are not going to stay in their houses for the next year and a half.

Yeah basically. I'm not saying they are right for participating in these social activities, but it's absolutely expected to happen. People won't stay locked up that long.

Keep an eye on numbers though, and if your job affords you the ability to work from home, point to the numbers rising back up as the reason why you're not comfortable jumping back in.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
At some point we're going to have to accept that people are not going to stay in their houses for the next year and a half.
I mean - sure, but you can go to a park or go for a hike or do something that doesn't involve crowding together at malls and theme parks right? People are selfish AF. Sure most of us wont die if we get it but we will spread it to people that will die. Like we have a graph from the spanish flu pandemic showing EXACTLY how horrible the second wave of a pandemic can be when people think its over.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disney springs opened up today. So I assume....today

My wife was telling me about Karens online already complaining about having to wear masks not being "magical"

I'm a local and I'm really worried about the ramifications of the state trying to reopen so quickly, I truly wonder how long itll be before they try to reopen the parks.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What is sad is that for as long as TTT has been doing vlogging, the only thing that has improved over time is going from SD to HD. Jenn's editing is a mess, and it takes her "allegedly" upwards of 12-14 hours a day to edit one vlog.

I don't know about 12-14 hours, but it's believable for it to take a workday or two of editing when starting with many hours of footage to sift through, even for just simple vlogging content. I don't watch enough Tracker videos to critique editing skills or anything, but I imagine they do only what they got to do to make their living and that their fanbase is perfectly fine with the quality to keep giving them the views.