• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Folks come for stranger things but stay for the office, friends, etc.

That's true to an extent, but if Friends and The office are on one platform, while The Simpson is on another and Two and a half and as well as TBBT on yet another, their impact and people willingness to follow them is greatly reduced.

Netflix's strengths was to have most if not all of them at the same place. Now people who're going to leave Netflix to follow them are most likely die hard fan of one of these shows, who can only sub to one or two streaming platform (the second one not being Netflix) and value legacy content over new stuff.

That's already a pretty narrow segment of their userbase.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
7000 episodes? As far as I know these shows are confirmed:

• Amazing Planet
  • Andi Mack (seasons one-three)
  • Boy Meets World
  • Brain Games
  • Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan
  • Dr. K's Exotic Animals
  • Dr. Oakley Yukon Vet
  • Drain the Ocean
  • DuckTales (1987)
  • DuckTales (2016, season one)
  • Earth Live
  • Goof Troop
  • Great Migrations
  • Howie Mandel's Animals Doing Things
  • Kim Possible
  • Malcolm in the Middle
  • Mickey and the Roadster Racers (seasons one and two)
  • Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
  • Mickey Mouse Shorts
  • One Strange Rock
  • Raven's Home
  • Rocky Mountain Animal Rescue
  • That's So Raven
  • The Incredible Dr. Pol
  • The Simpsons
  • Unlikely Animal Friends
  • Wicked Tuna

+ all the new stuff like Mandalorian. The Marvel stuff won't be there at launch though.

I guess that adds up to 7000 unless there's way more shit in addition to this list.

Rapunzel's Tangled Adventures not confirmed yet? =/

Rapture

Oct 26, 2017
How many devices can be signed in simultaneously? Are there different tiers to their subscription plan similar to Netflix?

Oct 31, 2017
Of course the price is going to go up in coming years lol. You think producing shit the quality of Mandalorian and all those Marvel shows is cheap? Pixar and WDA series like Monsters will probably be mandated to have the animation quality of the movies as well, so again, expensive. Lady and the Tramp looks really good too and could have been released in theaters without a problem.

That's not even counting the AWS, Azure OPEX money to run this damn thing. On top of all the expensive personnel they undoubtedly hired and have to pay.

Cheap now, more expensive later. If I have the choice to lock it in for 3 years right now I will. I would rather lock in the bundle though, and I would even pay a bit more if the bundle was Hulu ad free and included Marvel Unlimited, but oh well.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix had a good run.

But seriously, this lineup and features at that price are fantastic.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Also at the Disney+ presentation they said the content would be there permanently, meaning stuff won't rotate off like Netflix. Going to be an amazing archive soon.

GreatFenris

Banned
Apr 6, 2019
I feel as if the Disney fans are maybe counting their chickens before they've hatched.
And honestly, it's sort of tragically dull when their entire things seems to be "We have Marvel and Star Wars!". At least Amazon and Netflix are finding more interesting stuff. (Witcher, WoT, Altered Carbon)
But sure, if they release a HD version of Gargoyles on their service and launch it in Europe I'll try it.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I feel as if the Disney fans are maybe counting their chickens before they've hatched.
And honestly, it's sort of tragically dull when their entire things seems to be "We have Marvel and Star Wars!". At least Amazon and Netflix are finding more interesting stuff. (Witcher, WoT, Altered Carbon)
But sure, if they release a HD version of Gargoyles on their service and launch it in Europe I'll try it.

Nothing matters but Moon Knight now.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
FYI, I wouldn't expect Stark Raving Dad (the Michael Jackson episode that kicked off Season 3) to be up on the service when it launches. So that's one episode of The Simpsons that won't be there.

The rest should be present and accounted for, however.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Also at the Disney+ presentation they said the content would be there permanently, meaning stuff won't rotate off like Netflix. Going to be an amazing archive soon.

Do you know whether Disney is open to the idea of licensing family content from other companies? Or will the content at launch strictly only be Disney-owned content?

As an example, Sony doesn't have their own competing streaming service. So, Sony is willing to put their animated films (Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse, Hotel Transylvania) on any service that wants them. Also, I think Viacom would be another good company for Disney to license family content from, since Viacom owns all of the Nickelodeon properties. (Hulu is licensing Nickelodeon content like Doug, Hey Arnold, Rugrats.)

Last edited:

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017

Well yea, its their own catalog so of course they will say its there permanently (for now). If Disney doesnt double down on new original IPs spanning different genres, then only die hard Disney fans would stay subbed.

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know whether Disney is open to the idea of licensing family content from other companies? Or will the content at launch strictly only be Disney-owned content?

As an example, Sony doesn't have their own competing streaming service. So, Sony is willing to put their animated films (Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse, Hotel Transylvania) on any service than wants them. Also, I think Viacom would be another good company for Disney to license family content from, since Viacom owns all of the Nickelodeon properties. (Hulu is licensing Nickelodeon content like Doug, Hey Arnold, Rugrats.)

Since Viacom and CBS just re-merged, the Nick stuff probably ends up on CBS All-Access when everything is said and done. And they (Disney) have shown a willingness to buy new programs from other production companies, but I haven't really heard anything about them being willing to license back catalog stuff from others, probably because they don't want to end up in a situation where things have the ability to leave the platform because of contracts.

Edit: This also means that Homecoming and Far From Home may never end up on the service, even ignoring all the issues between the two companies at this particular moment.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle alone make this a buy for me. It'll be fun diving into the catalogue and just seeing all the shit that's available (fingers crossed for Gargoyles)

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Please be the first who does the download function right....

This feature is just useless on any platform I tested it so far if you can't even download that shit in HD. Before I watch this in SD on any device, I rather wait until I have internet again....

Doesn't prime video allow HD downloads?

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Out of all their stuff, Moon Knight is basically near the bottom for me. It's a hero I have never cared one iota for. Though as long as it's better than that abominable Moon Mutant show I'll be happily surprised.

How can you not love Mooney?

ECxVJVlU8AAaUMh

Oct 31, 2017
Since Viacom and CBS just re-merged, the Nick stuff probably ends up on CBS All-Access when everything is said and done. And they (Disney) have shown a willingness to buy new programs from other production companies, but I haven't really heard anything about them being willing to license back catalog stuff from others, probably because they don't want to end up in a situation where things have the ability to leave the platform because of contracts.

Edit: This also means that Homecoming and Far From Home may never end up on the service, even ignoring all the issues between the two companies at this particular moment.

Right, Hulu said they are only buying stuff if they own co production rights some time back. I'm assuming the same is true for Disney+.

On HC and FFH (and TIH), Michael Paull alluded that they are looking into getting everything in house, whether it's buying distro rights like they did with Paramount or licensing them is unknown. Regardless the climate right now may not allow for that to happen, so yes, the MCU and Marvel collection may never be fully realized at Disney+.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

Thanks for the answer. Those are good points about CBS All-Access.

One reason I asked this question is because of the show "Doug".

Nickeloden produced Doug from 1991 to 1994. Disney produced Doug from 1996 to 1999. Disney also produced Doug's 1st Movie.
So I was hoping Disney would try to find a way to bring all of Doug ( both the Nickelodeon and Disney seasons) to Disney+. And not just the Disney seasons.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Shield. What is this?

That's Kodi using the Aeon Nox skin/UI set as the default launcher on the Shield TV. You can link all the Android apps into the UI within Kodi. So rather than launching and exiting Kodi to access my ripped movie library, I've integrated everything into one single customizable UI. I've put a placeholder for Disney+ for now which just launches Disney Now currently if you try to access it.

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know how much MCU will be on this service, and will it vary by region? I was going to sub for a month to finally watch all the Marvel stuff so I'm not out of the loop entirely (I have never seen a single MCU movie). It's annoying how hard they've made it to get into it as a new viewer.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know how much MCU will be on this service, and will it vary by region? I was going to sub for a month to finally watch all the Marvel stuff so I'm not out of the loop entirely (I have never seen a single MCU movie). It's annoying how hard they've made it to get into it as a new viewer.
Why is it hard to get into? Is it just the sheer amount of movies or do you mean something different?

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disney really is determined to curbstomp Netflix, and given their deep, deep bench of beloved IPs plus the bounty of their acquisitions, they stand a good chance of overtaking Netflix in the long-run. Netflix has tried their best by pouring in tons of cash into OG content, but their quality filter is so shit that a lot of that stuff is not good. Plus they're going to keep losing licenses to classics people already like.