• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zerocalories

Oct 28, 2017
California
guys i highly doubt they are going to offer single team packages, it ruins the "product"

nfl is a huge as it is because of revenue sharing between teams

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
guys i highly doubt they are going to offer single team packages, it ruins the "product"

Never really thought about this. I hoped for a single team package, but yeah, I don't think one will happen. However, I'm willing to spend $300 for it. I'm tired of watching the local market teams I've got zero interest in.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I doubt it will happen as well, although I certainly hope it does. If it did happen I'd think the NFL could do it in such a way that single team package revenue all went into a central pot to be divided 32 ways so that teams with minimal fanbases don't get screwed while Dallas, Pittsburgh, and the Patriots thrive.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Yeah, I'd fully expect this price to continue to be super high, just like Sunday Ticket on DirecTV has always bee ncrazy expensive. Back 10 years ago when RedZone was new and fantasy was taking over, Sunday Ticket was a splurge expense that me and my friends split because we'd all get together at each other's houses every Sunday and get beligerantly drunk watching 8-10 straight hours of football. But we aged out of that pretty quick and RedZone opened up on cable and streaming, and now we all have kids and so it's unjustifiable.

I'm curious what's going to happen with commercial businesses (bars, restaurants, clubs, etc) with this. The revenue from that is high, DirecTV aggressively co-markets sunday ticket for bars and restaurants, and it's not going to be a smooth 1:1 transition, really interested in what that package looks like. If everything was on the table then I think whoever the streaming company is would be smart to come in at an aggressive price, but I dunno if that's going to be an option.

Also the NFL and whoever the streaming provider is has got to get this info out ASAP because the first sunday of the NFL season is in less than 2 months, and if TVs/hardware have to be updated to accomodate whoever the provider is, they've gotta get that out soon.
I used to be a dedicated account manager for AT&T, I can tell you that the Sunday Ticket price for any place that serves food/dinks escalated quickly based on fire code occupancy, and that there is no way that's going to change when it moves to a streaming service.

For regular businesses we used to throw Sunday Ticket at them though, a free year of football petty much sold the DTV by itself lmao.

If anything, bar owners will thank God they don't have to fuck with boxes and dishes anymore. Used to get so many complaints from my clients about the setup of it all.

Stygian

Banned
Dec 11, 2021
I'll stick with nfl gamepass international. Get a vpn, log in from germany and you get all games live, no blackouts ever. Works in a browser on pc or through the android app.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Sunday ticket is such a scam with how many games are blacked out because of your location and other networks airing.

So is the NHL package now too with ESPN.