• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

The U.S. launch of new streaming service Disney+ is more than five months away, but American customers are already chomping at the bit.

A new survey by research group Ampere Analysis, shown exclusively to The Hollywood Reporter, found that customer awareness of the new platform was high and that a significant portion of the U.S. audience is eager to subscribe to Disney's upcoming subscription VOD service, which will launch stateside on Nov. 12.

Of the more than 1,000 people surveyed, just over a fifth (22 percent) said they were likely or highly likely to subscribe to Disney+. But that figure jumps among two key Disney demographics: 18-24 year-olds and households with children. And 34 percent of 18-24 year-old respondents said they intended to subscribe to Disney+, while 36 percent of households with children (a group nearly twice the size of the 18-24 year-old demo) agreed. Ampere noted that there is very little crossover between these two demographics, so they represent a cumulative audience potential for Disney.

What I found more interesting than the 36% of Houses with kids that would subscribe, is that Households of people living with friends is HIGHER than the household with kids.

I also agree that Disney+ hasn't even ramped up the marketing yet, Looking forward to what that looks like.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's priced aggressively and all the content announced is great. I am not really shocked.

Also, nostalgia is a helluva drug, I imagine a lot of people want to watch shows they grew up with

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Me! I'm the demographic!! now hurry up and bring this to Brazil sooner than "until 2021"

May 10, 2018
Soon
tumblr_nj40dta2na1qfrhhpo7_250.gif

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
It's a sweet price point and I have kids. This is absolutely a no brainer. Probably dropping Netflix as we just don't use it that much.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I am a key demographic but if they don't host the entirety of The Muppet Show and Muppets Tonight then I am going to call 911 every single day until they do.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Yeah I loved the old school muppets show, apparently they are creating something new Muppets related (Muppet shorts?)

There are apparently shorts and a show set after the 80s movies called "The Muppets Live Again." I'm definitely down for a new show, but I've never been a fan of shorts. I like to immerse myself in a proper program.

Seasons 4 and 5 of The Muppet Show have never been released on home media. To my knowledge, neither has the criminally underrated Muppets Tonight. I'm tired of watching it in 180p quality in three parts on YouTube.

*banging on Disney's door* BRING ME THE MOUSE I WANT TO TALK

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
No thanks Disney. Thankfully I'm not addicted to reliving the past and usually want to just try something new.

My brother with two tiny ones will get it.

So 50% of 18-34 in our sample size.

Disney will always make their money though.

Oct 25, 2017
hopefully they make a deal with netflix for distribution in my country like CBS all access and DC universe do