• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Well that tweet showing it in the background of a scene shows its canon so that's why they ain't Tier 4 fans such as I.

Kissenkopf

Nov 1, 2017
Mein Land!
I did like 4 of his movies, the Disney ones i didn't like any of them yet.

I heard good things about The Mandalorian, i will watch it later.

I...liked all Disney Star Wars Movies...what now?
Everybody knows that Return of the Jedi is the worst movie in the WHOLE series. :P

But on topic...damn, a small reference and fans get upset and they need to remove it. Thats really sad...

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ET's race is in the prequels.
latest

Therefore Earth is canon which by extension means Indiana Jones can be canon.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tiers is something Disney would come up with for sure. Can guarantee Tier 3 are the "fans" who are spending thousands of dollars each visit so they are going to pander to those over the loser tier 1 and 2 fans who maybe spend a few hundred.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
One of the reasons I want to visit Disneyland is to explore and find little easter eggs and things, which the park is supposedly filled with. If they are going to start removing easter eggs, less reason for me to visit.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
It is until the inevitable turn where that portion of the fanbase convince themselves that it's something to be proud of.
That probably already happened. Disney didn't have a fan tier list...a bunch of "fans" probably drew up a petition in Wookie language and signed it as the Tier 3 Elites or some other shit.

EDIT - sorry about replying to myself....my dumbass clicked on reply instead of edit to correct a mistake. I'm a Tier 3 doofus.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
I hate Star Wars but I love this about the franchise. They make these giant retcons to explain away the most meaningless things.

Like, they go into all this detail to explain away why Darth Vader looks like a guy bumbling around in a cheap costume and even have part numbers for specific contraptions on the costume but they never bothered to give Yoda's species a name. The priorities of this universe.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
These neckbeards don't belong in the Star Wars universe either and I don't see them removing themselves from the park.

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand. Theme parks always have cheeky callbacks and references.

Heck, Raiders has stone carvings of the droids in the film.

I can't fathom that fan complaining alone was the reason behind this.

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
I'm a Tier 6 fan, the only Star Wars content that meets my standards is the original ("Star Wars," NOT "Episode IV") and Auralnauts.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So this is the thing that breaks the believability that you're not actually in the SW universe?

Oct 26, 2017
Man, RLM should have waited a bit to do the last Nerd Crew video, the whole tier fan thing is so... promising, joke-wise.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The most obsessive fans are always the last people you should listen to. The can never see the wood because they are far too busy assessing the trees in minute detail.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
We are sharing opinions that's what going on.

Well I'll give you a fact instead: Disney didn't do shit, Lucasfilm has creative control of Star Wars, and most of the people calling the shots are the same people who were there pre-Disney. Nothing really changed except George no longer has input. So the narrative of "Disney ruined Star Wars" is not just wrong in the sense that they made The Last Jedi, the best movie in the franchise, but wrong in the sense that Disney changed literally nothing about how the movies are made creatively. All they did was start releasing them in December instead of May.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I love the theming of Galaxys Edge, it's brilliant!

However I was listening to a Defunctland / Rob Plays podcast about it and Kevin was complaining that people other people ruining the theming by not being in character etc

Not quite sure what people want from it but feel the hotel may be more up their Avenue

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
So it would be like this:

Tier 1: Casuals - Knows Star Wars is a thing that exists and has something to do with space and laserswords.
Tier 2: Nerds - Discuss Star Wars and it's universe in comics, movies and games, knows that they are only "imaginations" though.
Tier 3: Stans - Theri version of headcanon Star Wars is the only Star Wars that has the right to exist.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So it would be like this:

Tier 1: Casuals - Knows Star Wars is a thing that exists and has something to do with space and laserswords.
Tier 2: Nerds - Discuss Star Wars and it's universe in comics, movies and games, knows that they are only "imaginations" though.
Tier 3: Stans - Theri version of headcanon Star Wars is the only Star Wars that has the right to exist.
Tier 4: Transcendent Fan - Knows all the weird lore and is here to have fun and not shit on everything

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
So they've finally come to their senses and see reason! When I first saw the sacrileg I nearly chocked on my Jet Juice, I hastened to the nearest Disney employee and ordered him to go an get me Walt Disney himself to correct this error! I may have been banned from the park but who is laughing now? Hah

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
As if Disney would care about some "tier 3" (???) dorks, who by the way nobody has heard from. Disney's marketing department is killing it these days.