• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Some analytics firm "estimates" that 29% of the US households that have Disney + actually paid money for Mulan. That seems super high, and I don't see an explanation for how they got that number, though:

finance.yahoo.com

Data: Disney+ scored big financial windfall with 'Mulan' streaming release

No matter how you slice it, the end result of "Mulan's" digital release is a whole lot of cash for Disney+.

According to exclusive figures provided by analytics research firm 7Park Data, nearly 29% of U.S. households that subscribe to Disney+ purchased the $30 "Mulan" film through September 12th — far surpassing other popular (and free) titles on the platform.

During the company's last earnings report, Disney said that the streaming platform has amassed over 60 million global subscribers. Assuming that U.S. households make up 50% of that total base (Disney has not yet broken out the exact number of U.S-based subscribers), 7Park's data suggests that roughly 9 million users purchased the "Mulan" film for $30 a pop (29% of our estimated 30 million users.)

Under that scenario, net profits would pile up to $261 million for U.S. markets alone — and that's on the conservative side.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Some analytics firm "estimates" that 29% of the US households that have Disney + actually paid money for Mulan. That seems super high, and I don't see an explanation for how they got that number, though:

finance.yahoo.com

Data: Disney+ scored big financial windfall with 'Mulan' streaming release

No matter how you slice it, the end result of "Mulan's" digital release is a whole lot of cash for Disney+.

wow that's impressive.

Disney+ also has multiple Emmy's now. Several for The Mandalorian and Forky Asks a Question has won

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, there's no X-Men: Animated Series on there and I was just in the mood for it.

What was that short feature called that took a look at the future of Marvel Studios? Is it in the Endgame extras?

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2018
Fuck, there's no X-Men: Animated Series on there and I was just in the mood for it.

What was that short feature called that took a look at the future of Marvel Studios? Is it in the Endgame extras?
It's called Expanding the Universe and it is it's own thing.

Hopefully this link works for you:

www.disneyplus.com

Watch Marvel Studios: Expanding the Universe | Full Movie | Disney+

An exciting look into the future of Marvel Studios’ films and upcoming Disney+ series.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
It's called Expanding the Universe and it is it's own thing.

Hopefully this link works for you:

www.disneyplus.com

Watch Marvel Studios: Expanding the Universe | Full Movie | Disney+

An exciting look into the future of Marvel Studios’ films and upcoming Disney+ series.
I think I've seen it on Youtube but I found it on Disney Plus, thank you, won't hurt rewatching it.

[edit] There's no Aladdin live action movie on here either. Oh well, guess they'll have plenty to add in months to come.

Last edited:
Next on Disney+: October 2020
OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Next on Disney+: October 2020

Thursday, October 1
  • Maleficent

Friday, October 2
  • Beverly Hills Chihuahua
  • Cheaper by the Dozen 2
  • Mr. Holland's Opus
  • Secrets of the Zoo: Down Under (s1)
  • The Simpsons (s31)
  • Zenimation Extended Edition
  • Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom Episode 102 - "Happy Birthday, Gino!"
  • One Day at Disney Episode 144 - "Pablo Tufino: Ride Show Technician"
  • Weird But True Episode 308 - "Our Solar System"
Friday, October 9
  • The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
  • Oil Spill of the Century
  • Wild Portugal
  • X2
  • The Right Stuff Premiere Episode 101 - "Sierra Hotel"
  • Episode 102 - "Goodies"
  • Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom Episode 103 - "Betty and the Beast"
  • Weird But True Episode 309 - "Cooking"
  • One Day at Disney Episode 145 - "Gabriela Clark: Creative Print Marketing"

Friday, October 16
  • Disney Junior the Rocketeer (s1)
  • Drain (s3)
  • Lost on Everest
  • Marvel's Iron Man & Captain America: Heroes United
  • Clouds Premiere
  • The Right Stuff Episode 103- "Single Combat Warrior"
  • One Day At Disney Episode 146 - "Alfredo Ayala: R&D Imagineer"
  • Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom Episode 104 - "Meet the Mandrills"
  • Meet the Chimps Premiere
  • Weird But True Episode 310 - "Explorers"
Friday, October 23
  • Gathering Storm (s1)
  • India from Above (s1)
  • Marvel Super Hero Adventures (Shorts) (s4)
  • Pompeii: Secrets of the Dead
  • Ultimate Viking Sword
  • Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom Episode 105 - "Aardvark Love!"
  • The Big Fib New Episodes 116 - 130
  • The Right Stuff Episode 104 - "Advent"
  • Weird But True Episode 311 - "Scuba Diving"
  • One Day At Disney Episode 147 - "Jason Benetti: Play-by-Play Commentator"
Friday, October 30
  • Disney the Owl House (s1)
  • The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • X-Ray Earth (s1)
  • The Mandalorian Season Premiere "Chapter 9"
  • Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom Episode 106 - "Peri's Prickly Pregnancy"
  • The Right Stuff Episode 105 - "The Kona Kai Seance"
  • Weird But True Episode 312 - "Camping"
  • One Day At Disney Episode 148 - "Dana Amendola: Disney Theatrical Productions"

dtcimedia.disney.com

Next On Disney+: October 2020

Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more, alongside exclusive Disney+ Originals. This post provides updates on upcoming original films and series, the latest episodes, and new library titles joining the...

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2018
Ah yeah can't find anything sorry.

I know here in NZ (and I think Australia also) we don't get a list on social media but there are sites like what's on Disney plus that still manage to compile a what's coming next month, but doesn't look like Denmark (and many of the other European countries) have that yet, hopefully that'll change as it becomes more popular.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Mmm, wanted to watch Aladdin live-action but it seems it is Dutch dubbed. I like that for the cartoons but it is painful in the live-action stuff.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The GroupWatch feature has now launched for Disney+ in the US.

Unlike Netflix Party there is no live chat but it is available on the TV apps.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
This is from Shop Disney homepage:

Marvel Shop | Official Marvel Merchandise | Disney Store

Shop Marvel online store, the ultimate Marvel shopping destination! Shop for your favorite Avengers costumes, clothes, toys, collectibles, home decor, movies & more.
TQMcysG.png

Does this mean D+ will get the rights of the MCU Spidey films from Sony???

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Shop Marvel online store, the ultimate Marvel shopping destination! Shop for your favorite Avengers costumes, clothes, toys, collectibles, home decor, movies & more.
TQMcysG.png

That's interesting, guess we'll have to wait and see. It's possible they signed a licensing deal for streaming.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

TQMcysG.png

Oh shit. I was just telling my sister the other day who wanted to catch up on the MCU that I wasn't sure what we would do regarding the mcu Spider-Man films.

Please be true.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The GroupWatch feature has now launched for Disney+ in the US.

Unlike Netflix Party there is no live chat but it is available on the TV apps.
Group chatting is the whole point of this, that's incredibly disappointing. So we're just watching the movie at the same time and calling it a day? We can already start up a movie on each account. I guess we can react throughout a movie.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
saw Bend it like Beckham for the first time in forever. still holds up as a coming of age / kids sports movie. really really good and funny

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It's going to be really akward/sad if any of the One Day At Disney featured players got cut in the mass layoffs they just did... assuming no one got cut already...

I guess no one in theatrical is still working.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
It's going to be really akward/sad if any of the One Day At Disney featured players got cut in the mass layoffs they just did... assuming no one got cut already...

I guess no one in theatrical is still working.
I was thinking this too. Glad I'm not the only one who watches those. I think there was one who said they were already retiring IIRC.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yes, I've found both the Avengers and Ultimate Spiderman cartoons. Now they just need to hurry up and add the X-men Animated Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.