• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
The Samsung TV app doesn't see 4k only HDR10 but it does on my LG TV.

Frozen 2 not available until July and only 2 episodes of Mandalorian.

Dec 2, 2017
Wait the mandolarian isn't being weekly released in Europe? I swear I read it was.

edit - no wait it is, episode 2 is just available for some reason.

GreySquirrel

Oct 27, 2017
I can see the app in the store on my LG E6 but when I click Install I immediately get the error "Application has not been installed. Please try again". I can chromecast from my phone but it doesnt seem to pick up Dolby Vision

Jan 2, 2018
Finally it's in Germany! I get it for free for a half a year thanks to the Telekom.
So much content for me!

I just have a question about Clone Wars: I watched the first two seasons years ago and want to begin from the start: Is the episode order still wonky?

Katori

Oct 30, 2017
Finally it's in Germany! I get it for free for a half a year thanks to the Telekom.
So much content for me!

I just have a question about Clone Wars: I watched the first two seasons years ago and want to begin from the start: Is the episode order still wonky?
Not sure what wonky means in this context? The series was aired out of order. The airing order is pretty much the D+ order. I'm watching it in that order for the first time and it's fine.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
As someone who is going through Clones Wars right now (up to season 4) the only thing that's odd is

minor spoiler:
A character dies in one season and shows up again in a later season

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So the widescreen cropping issues are not only a thing with The Simpsons but also on a lot of classic Disney shows like Goof Troop, Chip'n'Dale and Arielle?
That's awful. These shows were pretty much my main reason to subscribe to this service as I already have all the classic Disney animations, Star Wars, Simpsons, and Pixar stuff on physical media anyway.

How can such a huge company mess up their big premier streaming service so much and still doesn't have it fixed for the wider release months later?

And where is the Aladdin animated show and the 90s Spiderman series?

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
As someone who is going through Clones Wars right now (up to season 4) the only thing that's odd is

minor spoiler:

Yeah, they're deliberately jumping around in the timeline quite a bit, especially in the beginning of the series. There's an official chronological order though.
www.starwars.com

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Chronological Episode Order | StarWars.com

Lucasfilm presents the official sequential order for the beloved animated series, including all 121 shows and the original feature film.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Watched 5 minutes of toy story thins morning and the picture looked a little jerky at times on my LG TV app. I'll have to test it on the Xbox and see if there is a difference.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. You'll have to wait for someone else who knows better than me, but my guess is another service currently has the exclusive rights to show it and they can't put it on as a result. But I could be wrong.

It's not available on any streaming service here so if somebody has the exclusive rights they are holding it back.

Oct 25, 2017

minor spoiler:
Yeah, they're deliberately jumping around in the timeline quite a bit, especially in the beginning of the series. There's an official chronological order though.
www.starwars.com

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Chronological Episode Order | StarWars.com

Lucasfilm presents the official sequential order for the beloved animated series, including all 121 shows and the original feature film.

They shouldn't be jumping around during that season.

Which character are you talking about?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
So much content for me!

I was very confused by it back then. Why it is out of order to begin with?

The initial intention of the show was that it would be an anthology. You can see this in earlier seasons as they more often star minor characters and jump around in the timeline just to tell cool stories. Later seasons settle in on main characters so you'll usually have Anakin, Yoda, Ashoka, Obi-Wan, R2/3P0, Maul, Ventress, Padme, Rex, or Jar Jar as the lead in a story. To make things easier for everyone, later seasons also take place (predominantly) in chronological order.

mcfizzle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Thanks to a great offer from the Deutsche Telekom, i got Disney+ for free for half a year with the option of a discounted 5 bucks per month price starting with the 7th month.
Well, thank you Telekom. I just wish you would be as great with the expansion of fiber as you are with service offerings.

Going to drown myself in Mandalorian, Gargolyes and whatever i can find that hits my taste. ^^
We signed up through Telekom as well but we still haven't received the link the finish the registration. It may take a couple days because of high demand, according to Telekom.

Rodhull

Oct 27, 2017
Downloaded the app on my UK LG TV and it's generally ok but when trying to scroll through shows like Simpsons, Clone Wars, X-Men etc that have a lot of episodes it's basically unusable as the response time to button presses is so long. Not the end of the world as I can obviously use the console apps but hoping the app gets a fairly quick update.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Downloaded the app on my UK LG TV and it's generally ok but when trying to scroll through shows like Simpsons, Clone Wars, X-Men etc that have a lot of episodes it's basically unusable as the response time to button presses is so long. Not the end of the world as I can obviously use the console apps but hoping the app gets a fairly quick update.
The Xbox and Amazon Fire Stick apps are the same.

It really needs a Netflix style Season selector rather than you having to scroll through every season as a full bar.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but why can't you stream the Simpsons 4:3 yet?

I feel like they said they were going to fix it just to get everyone to shut up and then quietly ignored it and continue to plan to ignore it

how hard could it really be?

Rodhull

Oct 27, 2017
The Xbox and Amazon Fire Stick apps are the same.

It really needs a Netflix style Season selector rather than you having to scroll through every season as a full bar.

Xbox app seems ok for me so far. Faster then the PS4 app even. Not sure if it makes a difference mine being a One X or not? So that and what people have said about 4K/HDR not working on PS4 I guess it's the Xbox app for me until when/if the tv app is fixed.

empyrean2k

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else have Dolby vision issues on first episode of mandalorian (not sure if it effects anything else) where the scene brightness goes noticeably up and down in the same scene?

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having issues on chromecast ultra?

I got no sound, so I was wondering if it had to do with my soundbar. I switched the TV back to internal speakers, and suddenly I had sound coming from the TV aswell as from the soundbar ?!

At least I got bass and I can mute the TV speakers, but damn is that weird.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Finally it's launched here in Germany. Even though the selection is more limited compared to other countries there's still a crap load of stuff i have on my watch list, but i still hope they will add the content that's missing over time. I'm watching from my PS4 and had no problems so far. Got through the first season of Gargoyles already and it's just as good as i remembered it. Mandalorian being on a weekly schedule is annoying but i have got enough other stuff to watch so it isn't really impacting me. I'm using Prime and Netflix as my other go to streaming services and together with this one my needs are fully met. Still wondering how they will distribute their Hulu content here though.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but why can't you stream the Simpsons 4:3 yet?

I feel like they said they were going to fix it just to get everyone to shut up and then quietly ignored it and continue to plan to ignore it

how hard could it really be?
Uploading 12?? seasons of content whilst also adjusting UI and making sure everything is streamlined?

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
What no 'One Of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing'? Peter Ustinov playing a Chinese spy pursuing the secret of 'Lotus X'?

No sale.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
German Disney+:

-Xmen the animated series only in English
-gargoyles episode 1 has broken background music in German dub. Fine in English
-no spiderman the animated series (1994) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.